Cleveland, TN
Cleveland State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cleveland State Community College

I like Cleveland State Community College. I haven't officially started until August 27th but I believe this year will be great. Everyone there is so nice and very helpful when you have questions that need to be answered. They also offer many great opportunities for you get involved with school and help you find your future. I met with some of my teachers and they offer assistance in anything I need. They are also very open about ideas that can make the school better. Cleveland State has many things to offer such as the student center where you can play pool or just hang out. Or they have the gym where you can borrow equipment as long as you return it. I love this school and I can't wait to see what more it has to offer.

Caylee

It's a fairly good yet small college in the base of Cleveland. I've been really happy with how well the people on campus treat the other faculty and students and how the students all get along really well. The food is a bit pricey and there's not a lot to choose from but honestly with the school located where it is, getting any food you want is of no problem at all.

Callie

Great school. Love the experiences so far. I can not wait till the new semester starts so I can get back. It's a wonderful environment, my teachers and advisors have been super supportive and clear. My field of study is beyond great they even hired adjunct professors to accommodate students who play certain instruments like me.

Morgan
Student

It's nice and the staff members really help you. The teachers are great

Student

It's nice and the staff members really help you. The teachers are great

Kevin

My classmates at Cleveland State were usually very diverse, and very interesting.

Life is just breezy, isn't it? You never study, and still make good grades. You show up to class late, and still receive the teachers praise. You tell yourself that you will start studing and caring when you get to college, but let me tell you that those ideas are garbage. Now that I have been in college for a while, I can tell you that high school does in fact matter. It all may seem at times to be a bit mundane, but believe me when I say that high school is about more about more than just reading chapters and passing tests. It is about working hard and knowing how to spend your time best. Begin getting used to putting effort into school, because college will require a multitude of it. Begin to manage your time wisely, because without time management you will be doomed to failure. Start learning ways to manage stress, because there will be considerable amounts of it at times. To sum it all up, start being an adult. The best choices may not be the most attractive, but you must be able to choose correctly. Do these things, and you will succeed.

There is sometimes a lack of communication between professors and students due to poor email servers and things of that nature.

Suzanne

Well I am currently not enrolled in Cleveland State Community College, but I have attended there about two years ago. I am, however, attempting to go back in the fall of 2010. My classmates, as I remember, vary in different ways. Some were very bright and would put alot of effort into their work while others seemed to think college was just to show independence and have fun. For the most part, all the students were very nice and helpful to those who has problems understanding assignments.

If there is anything I would tell my past self, it would be to take your time on deciding what you want to be. Everyone pressured me to go ahead and start college whether I knew what I really wanted to major in or not. I have wasted almost two years of college on courses I never really felt were my calling. If everyone would have just let me take my time in making my decision I never would have dropped out and be in the position I am in today. Now I have a daughter and I am struggling to give her everything she needs because of the dept dropping out of school had put me into. I am now attempting to go back in order to gain a fresh start and raise my daughter in a home that can provide her everything she would ever need or want.

Honestly, I really do not know of anything bad about this school. I loved it very much and regret dropping out in the first place. I am just thankful they are giving me a second chance to come back and continue my education.

Madison

My classmates are all very diverse, and come from many different backgrounds and situations and are all able to embrace the college setting to do their best.

The advice I would give to myself about making the transition to college from being a high school senior would to be better prepared for all of the many challenges that you face when going through your first semester or first year of college. If you have the choice of a roommate or living alone, live alone, it usually works out better. Don't trust people you don't know, because usually they are not what they seem, unless you get to know them, and even then sometimes things aren't always what they seem. Don't ever believe everything you hear, it's usually always lies, go to the person and ask them if what you've heard is true or if you have a problem with them. Always be prepared; and always have Money and extra money,,, You'll need it!

The best thing about Cleveland State Community College, is the variety of classes that they offer on different education levels, and the amount of help and guidance given to a student if they needed help.

Anna

Small campus that has a lot of people who want to help you succeed in whatever you decide to do

I would tell myself to not be afraid to ask questions. That's what the staff is there to do. Your student advisor will help you make decisions on what to take when and advise you on the best course of action in your educational career. I wish I could have told myself to take it easy on myself when I first started, all new beginnings take time to adjust . The sacrifices that are being made now will give you oportunities in a uneasy future. I would also tell myself to laugh more, especially at myself. Life is serious and if you don't laugh and poke fun at life, it will be harder and a lot more grim.

Any person who wants to better themselves in any way. If your going for a degree or want to learn something new, this school would for you.

If I could go back to my senior year and tell myself about college, I would say that college is just like high school, only with more freedom. And what Spiderman's Uncle Ben said was true: "With more power come great responsibility" and the same is true with the freedom that you'll have in college. You will not have teachers reminding you to do homework or reports before they are due. So be prepared to become more responsible for yourself. Stress over tests is the worst! But, if you study all week long in intervals, studying is a piece of pie. Just take it slow and make sure that you understand your notes before committing it to memory. There's nothing worse than getting test information down wrong. Transitions are always hard, but as long as you are ready to take on the challenge of college, the transition will not be so bad. So get ready for a transition into the real world and be ready to become responsible for yourself and your actions. If you're ready in these ways, then I'm sure that you can conquer the beast known as college.

Leah

My school is a liberal arts school where the campus is beautiful and historical; an amazing place to learn.

Going back to 2009 and being able to inform myself of college life and the growing up that will take place would have been very helpful. I could have told me how college is not as scary and overwhelming as people make it out. College is an amazing place that not only helps you better your career choice but also betters yourself. It will help you find yourself and form you into an adult. Also I would tell myself not to catch senioritis and to do the best I can my senior year. My education is too important to throw away on a high school romance or a football game. I would tell myself it will pay off working hard rather than harldy working. College has been an amazing experience that has awoken me and helped me grow up and love life. College does not always have to be about partying or stressing about studying. The last thing I would tell myself is, "You can and will survive if you go to class and pay attention. Nothing is impossible if you stick to it and try. Stay true to yourself and others. You will survive, accomplish your dreams, and more. "

Anyone who is willing to learn and loves the historical feel and doesnt mind a little walking.