Cleveland State University Top Questions

Jun

The actual major of interest that I really wanted, changed my major too many times because I thought I was exploring, but I was wrong.

megan

I wish I would have known all the classes I needed to take before actually starting my major.

Laurel

I wish I had known about all of the scholarship positions that each student has the opportunity to achieve. I found out about them eventually, but I had to go looking for them.

Peter

Before I had come to this school, I wish that i had learned to enjoy my time more outside of working and studying.

How unorganized and unhelpful the teachers and departments are across the whole school.

Domonik

I wish I had known the ratio of students to professors. i think there is just not enough professors to feel you can develop one on one relationships with the professors. I wish I had known how difficult it was to find a job on campus. I wish I had known the regulations on financial assistance opportunities before I enrolled. College is expected to be expensive but it seems students who already have their education funded are the ones who are eligible for various assistant plans and assistance.

N/A

Octavious

That networking is the key and backbone of college. That there are resources and people you can go to that can help make college a better experience. I wish I would have known that I had to grow quicker to be able to handle college life. Lastly I wish I had known how much money it would have cost me to attend; I would have applied for more scholarships.

Diana

The one big thing I wish I would have known was honestly how much work it was going to take (haha). I never got though my foriegn languages in high school and I am required now to take 4 symesters of one language. My acedemic advisor helped me plan out my actions for that mishap, thankfully. Other than that I knew most of the things I would need. A high school project I had was to look up EVERYTHING about my school accoring to a list, so we would benifit from it and it helped SO much.

Josephine

Before I attended Euclid High School I wish I would've been informed about how crowded it is and how loud the hallways can get.

Cat

I transferred to CSU in the summer. I attended Allegheny College in PA beforehand and the two schools are so completely different that I wish I had more of a chance to get to know the campus and how things worked than I originally did. Luckily, I found the people that I needed to and I got my questions answered and even though I am still trying to adjust, it is a good school and I feel comfortable and at home there.

I wish I would have known to buy my books from the used book store on campus. Some of the materials were cheaper than online stores or ebay.

Lacy

That I could have taken my Gen. Ed. requirements at a much cheaper community college then transfered them.

Xavior

I wish i had a college trust fund that would cover my entire college expense. So that way I dont have to worry about paying anyone back when I have completed school. I would like to be able to focuse on the future rather than having to worry about all these loans that have to be paid off.

Candiss

Nothing

Daicey

I'm white and am definately the minority to black, middle eastern/indian, and asians. I grew up in V.A. so diversity is nothing new to me, but sometimes I feel like I'm a victim of racism at this school. No one says anything b/c reverse racism is a taboo topic. I guess I'd wish I had known that no matter how much I demonstrate a need for aid or how good my gpa is, the scholarships are going to the ethnic kids with a 2.0 and a bad attitude. O affirmative action...

LAUREN

I WISH I KNEW WHAT TO BRING TO MY DORM SO I DID NOT HAVE TO GO HOME EVERY WEEKEND BRING EXTAR ITEMS FOR MY ROOM.

In high school, my teachers scared me into thinking that college was a scary thing, and if you don't get straight A's and constantly study, that you're going to do horrible, and pump gas for a living, but in reality, my college wants you to succeed, and will do everything in it's power (except for give you the answers) to help you succeed to a great carreer after you graduate

Vince

I wish I had known more about how progressive this school is. I wish I had known about the determination of the university to build itself into a strong force in the community and the region. I also wish I would have known exactly how vital CSU is to the city of Cleveland and the future of the city.

melissa

I wish I would have known that college is a lot harder than high school and that studying is a must, to be successful and obtain your future goals hardwork is a must and will pay off

Actually, I knew everything I needed to know before I enrolled in CSU. I would not change schools under no circumstances because I am satisfied.

Meggie

It is primarily a commuter school

Catyherine

That a lot of my credits from the Community college I came from (Tri-C) would not be transferred here.