Coastline Community College Top Questions

Edgar

Hey Edgar this might sound weird but I am you and am now 25 years old. I'm here to go give you a little bit of college advice that you might not be aware of. You might be thinking why I'm still in school at 25 but learning is continuous and take advantage of all the knowledge you can acquire by going to school. I realize that you are busy with homework and other things but if you have any free time you should devote your time to looking into scholarships. I regret not looking more into scholarships because the money can really help you pay for school necessities such as books, tuition, a laptop, and even help pay for gas since you will be commuting every day. Scholarships will help pay for all of that and you won't have to get a full-time job so you could just focus on school. Don't be naive and if you have questions about how to go about applying for scholarships go talk to a school advisor, he or she can point you in the right direction. Remember, no matter how hard school gets, don't give up.

Kelli

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, there are many things I would like to say to myself. I would tell myself that high school isn't the center of the universe, and the thing I should concentrate most on is school. In a few years the petey arguments and drama would not matter. I would reminde myself that all hard work, does pay off in the end, so the few extra studying hours would benefit me. It would be a lot easier knowing what I know now, you truely grow as a person when you move away from home and are put into situations you wouldnt normally find yourself in. You appreciate the small things that others have taken the time out to teach you and help you succseed, and its never too late to pursue your goals and aspirations. High school is only a stepping stone of what your life can give you, go dream big and give it all you've got!

Lien

In life, there are many things that if I had known what I know now, I would have made better decisions on what paths I could have taken. One of these examples is the knowledge of what it is like in college. College life can be fun but at the same time very stressful. The stress is mainly from the competition among the students for good grades and the independence that the college professors expect from the students. Since most of the classes are graded on a curve and most students want to do well, this forces those who want to pass the class to have to keep up with the school work. It is very much analogous to survival of the fittest in college. College can be expensive so making a decision on a career choice early on is important so that time and money are not wasted. The last important thing is creating the habit for independent study because most college professors may be to busy to guide students each step of the way as is the case with high school teachers. Knowing these facts about the college life in high school could help me be more prepared.

As a high school senior your are considered an adult. You may or may not know your career path, however, I was working under my family business and I knew that running a family business require sacrafice and hard work to succeed. I knew what subject matter I was good at and some I needed to put in extra efforts. Throughout high school I learn how to retain enough material to pass the class, because once I got home I would never pick up the books until the following day in school. We as a family had to work hard to retain a livelyhood , which was something we constantly think about. However, the work ethics from the family business paid off when I was in college, because to maintain a good grade you have to work hard and stay focus to succeed. I was able to apply my business experience with the college level classes. Many things click very quickly, because I was exposed to those areas of material being taught in class. I apply the materials learned to real world applications. If you had working experience in high school it paves the path to real application in classroom experience.

I would say work while in college. I would say go to college right after college and don't give up at all.

I would tell myself to go to college instead of quitting school and going to work. I would also tell myself to get a job while going to school.