Coastline Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Coastline Community College

I found the professors to be very inconsistent. Many skimmed your work and gave you credit with little effort, then another would expect absolute perfection and never allow goals to be met despite hard work.

Jorge

Well I have graduated from a university. However, this does not mean that I can think any less of this school because it does truly offer great course. For instance, I have joined the Cisco, VMware, CompTIA academy programs and it is no walk in the park. That being said, the classes offers in depth work and give you hands on opportunities instead of theoretically. I can say I have lucked out since I did not imagine myself enjoying so much and I intend to continue learning here even if it is just for fun, since learning is fun especially when it is something you want to know.

marc

Its a great school and as a working adult it has been beneficial for me to take their online courses. The professors have been extremely helpful and their knowledge has been invaluable to use not just for the course but in life. For those looking to transfer I would highly recommended them.

Tabitha

I am a long distance learner with a goal of transferring to Cal State Chico for their online bachelors degree in Liberal Studies. I have a local community college and I still choose to attend Coastline. I have attended 3 different community colleges and I have never experienced such a student friendly institution. The website is easy to navigate and contains information on any question you might have. If the website didn't answer your question, the friendly staff is always available and very knowledgeable. Classes are plentiful and there are many courses offered through winter and summer as well. Teachers are dedicated, I have not had one bad experience with a teacher. The online class format is very structured and organized with clear expectation. Professors put much emphasis on engaging students in thoughtful conversation, enough so that there is really not much lost when attending an online course versus the in class experience. I encourage all my peers to consider Coastline online classes when I hear stories of their colleges and their administrators and teachers falling short of providing them the tools they need to succeed. Coastline Community College is truly invested in the academic, social, and emotional success of each of it's students.

Alica

I really enjoyed Coastline Community College. The professors were there to make sure you learn. There was no on-campus housing. Classes were online, so we rarely met any other students in person. However, that didn’t stop us from communicating. We made friendships along the way.

Coastline Community College offers a variety of options for students to choose from. They're quick, efficient, and try to offer just as much for distance learners as they do for on-campus students. The classrooms provide a healthy and safe environment, where everyone has equal opportunities to learn and participate, the teachers pay attention to detail, and the classes the provide help fulfill university requirements at an affordable rate.

cecilia

Overall, it is a really good school. My professors have all been amazing. I have medical conditions which sometimes interferes with my work and they are accommodating which a lot of other schools haven't been. I would definitely recommend this school to others.

Alexa

I transferred my units over to Coastline community college in 2017 when I moved to Orange County from Los Angeles. The staff made the process very simple and was very transparent with the information they provided while they walked me through the registration process. The academic counseling department is very knowledgeable and really cares about the students at Coastline. The teachers have been very helpful and do a great job at instructing. My experience at Coastline has been very enjoyable and I would recommend this college to students who are pursuing their two year degree or are looking to transfer to a university because Coastline is assisting me with both items quite well.