Coe College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Coe College

Ariel

In retrospect, I've had a great time at Coe. It is a great college whether I'm in or out of the classroom. The college is fond of its students and despite being rather expensive, it will compensate with scholarship opportunities, connections with outside organizations, and great memories.

Amelia

I LOVE Coe! The professors are involved around campus, and in students lives. There are clubs, sports, and organizations for almost any interest. In the heart of Cedar Rapids, there is never a dull moment on campus. There are so many different areas for on campus or off campus jobs.

Kasey

The campus looks great, the environment feels great .. it's a good choice

Sierra

Coe College is a great school. It has a small campus and feels like home. The class sizes are small so even in the lecture classes the professors know your name. The professors have office hours and will gladly schedule appointments if those times don't work for you. The dorms are a decent size for a typical double room. They have a great way of picking roommates. Coe gives you the chance to take many opportunities of traveling abroad and even traveling within the country. Sorority and fraternities are not at all like the ones you view on television. They are not allowed to haze. They do take part in community service and have philanthropies that they support.

Ryan

It's great place to go to get a four year college degree and further if I choose to. They are also giving me an opportunity to participate in Track and cross country activities.

Elias

Come here for the teachers. They're involved, passionate, and class sizes and knowledge is superb. The social scene is lacking, but that's to be expected in Iowa. You can smell the Quaker Oats factory in the air every morning, which is a wonderful small perk. Easy to get to any building since the campus is so small.

I enjoy Coe. It is an accepting place and people are usually willing to share about their culture. It's a small school which means classes are usually small. The professors are very easy to contact and are actively involved with their students. Sports are not huge, but people enjoy the games. Alcohol and drugs can be found with relative ease, but are also easy to avoid. No one cares what others get up to.

Student

I really like Coe. I feel as though there is a lot that Coe has to offer. It is a mid size city which cannot really compare to the size of Chicago where I am from, but there is a reason why I am moving. The only complaint I have is about the size of the dorm rooms and class availability, but it is the same anywhere you would go.

Piper

It is the engaging atmosphere that really draws someone into Coe College. All of the students and faculty are friendly and willing to help, regardless if your a prospective student or someone they haven't met before, many are willing and happy to help you succeed. The facilities are wonderful and the campus is clean, which is always a plus. Overall I love the campus and the atmosphere. It's a great place to want to attend school

Ryan

Coe college offers a huge diversity of extra curricular activities along with the normal educational classes, and sports, which has something for everyone. This is a great college for people that know what they want to do, and it is also a great college for people that just are not sure of what they want to do in life. Coe makes it possible, but the students make it happen

Coe College is not for everyone. If you enjoy a small campus and small class sizes then this college will be perfect for you. Just beware that there is not much to done around Cedar Rapids, and there definitely is not much to do on campus. The dorms on campus definitely need improvement and the same statement applies to the food. However, one redeeming thing about Coe would be the academics. The professors are always willing to help, and they go out of their way to help struggling students.

Nancy

I do not regret choosing Coe as the professors are very flexible and helpful, and the resources they provide are amazing. There's always someone you can talk to and get help in any subject of a lecture and even life. Although Coe has helped me meet great people, the fact that they require students to live on-campus all four years is unnecessary and it's causing more problems than it thinks its solving. The lack of support and understanding from the staff that takes those decisions is surprising. Also, the fact that meal plans are required as well and you can't opt it out and if you don't use them, whether it's because they don't have your diet or your schedules don't help you get food at the right times, then it's more money gone to waste. I don't think they're giving the students in need adequate support.

Joshua

Coe College is a very friendly campus from the get go. It seems the only real issues arise in the registrar, housing, and IT departments. Other than occasional mess ups there the college experience and life experience is great. I would recommend my friends to at least consider Coe if there field has a good program here.

Raegan

I have deeply enjoined my first semester at Coe college. This place has great class sizes, always available teachers, and an amazing sense of community. This is definitely going to be my home for the next four years, such a great choice for me. I thrive in this kind of personalized environment.

Yuliana

Coe College has a nice campus and an overall nice scene. It is a college where students can feel welcome to and enjoy their stay there. Being part of the Kohawk community is something that I am extremely grateful for. There are times in which students may need help from professors and they are always there to help.

erin

It is very academically hard. Could improve on dining

Coe College has been a very interesting experience thus far. There have been both good and bad aspects that I have experienced during my first semester here. The campus itself is beautiful but the surrounding area is not that great and can even be dangerous. Security on campus is pretty good though. Something I really love about Coe is how the professors and staff are very committed to helping students reach their goals. It is something I am very glad I get to be around.

Melissa

I absolutely love it. The professors are amazing, and the overall atmosphere is astounding. I was welcomed into Coe with open arms and I immediately felt like I belonged. Everyone at Coe is like one big family. Coe College is filled with great opportunities, and they stand for many great things.

Arleigh

I think Coe is a good school. I think to get the best from Coe, you have to throw yourself into all aspects of the school. Give Coe your best

Jodie

I love Coe, I just wish there was better money directed towards living environments for current students. Housing and parking is not the best, and Resident Assistant positions do not receive good benefits like other schools. Also the dining options on campus are not ideal for students living on campus full time. There should be some sort of 24/7 access to food on campus.

I really love being here. Professors are readily available and encourage students to visit them in their offices. When I started college, I was very shy and withdrawn. I never spoke in class if I could avoid it. The professors have been very encouraging and now I frequently contribute to class discussion if I have something to add. The food is decent, but options for vegetarians and vegans are limited. There is a station at the caf that makes a few dishes that are gluten and allergen free, which is pretty cool. It tastes pretty good as well. The pub is pretty much just fast food, but I love the veggie burgers. Students are encouraged to be politically active and socially aware, and we even have discussions about politics and social issues that aren't related to our coursework. When there's voting going on, the campus provides shuttles to voting stations and has online voting booths in lower Gage. Most classes are pretty small. My smallest class is 8 people, and my biggest class is 60. The class of 60 is only that big because it's all the freshmen and sophomores that are pre-nursing. Coe has the best nursing program in Iowa, and it is very rigorous, but has a lot of support. Everyone is super friendly, and students have unofficial student groups all the time.

Kenni

Coe is filled with highly-educated professors, students, and faculty members wholly dedicated to making sure each and every student succeeds. There are opportunities for everyone (but they aren't handed out). Most students are either involved in 2+ on-campus clubs, at least one sport, or volunteer with local community organizations. The culture on campus encourages students to get involved. Professors are very accessible and build strong relationships with their students.

Kadie

While campus life is meh the academic side is great! I love that you are able to meet with your professors and they are almost always available to contact if you need anything. Cafeteria food isn't that great but it's something and breakfast gets old really fast.