Hartsville, SC
Coker College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Coker College

Jewell

Night of moving into the dorm, we all go out to the Chinese restaurant around the corner of the campus.

Since it is a private college you would think stuck up students and that is far from the truth. We do have Homosexuals attending Coker and they are not treated any different from the other students. With all the sports we have the athletes are expected to conduct themselves in an adult manner. The are no favoritism on campus.

Abby

My school has the lowest in-state tuition rate for a public four-year accredited tuition in South Carolina. In addition, the small class sizes allow for interesting and stimulating conversations with professors and classmates both in and outside the classroom.

College is one of the most exciting times in a person's life. For just a few short years you are able to explore who you are with complete independence to pick the course of your future. Given the chance, I would tell myself to not wish away the years and opportunities in college. The experience is life changing if you allow it to be, so keep your mind open and ready for any new and exciting path that opens up before you.

I spent a lot of time around the school in the years before attending, and knew it inside and out by the time that I enrolled.

Diverse, my clasmates come from all different coners of the world

Diverse, my clasmates come from all different coners of the world

Small class sizes and the round table experience

I have learned many of life lessons, experienced great memories and received a higher education from Coker College. I had to learn to live, in a sense, on my own. I had to go from under my parents thumb to being independent. Staying in the dorms taught me to learn how to work and live with all types of people. As an active student, I have made many new wonderful memories and made many new friends at Coker. At Coker, the small class size has also allowed me to make connections with professors in and out of the classroom. In the real world, a college degree will afford me the opportunity to be productive and become a valuable member of society. This is why an education from Coker College is valuable.

Kaila

So far I have not had the opportunity to attend college. I have done a online course witch has helped me have the nessicary credits to attend college. But i dont have the money to afford to go to school. So i have been trying to find scholarship to help me get a start at my college experience. I know i probally wont have as good as a essay as alot of the people applying for this scholarship. For they probally have some nice story to tell about there over all college experiences so far. Mine has been applying for schoolls all day trying to find the perfect one. Its hard to get in school these days with nothing finacially to offer them for them to teach you. At least some of us have not given up or gone to the last resort. I hope to one day go to medical school for nursing and to be a primary care physician. I have great knowlege in witch i know ill be very successful in school and in the work field someday.

Dietlinde

The school is rural like setting. Professors and Staff are very caring, and eager to help students to suceed. Great school

I always wanted to go to college, but I was never able to because I did not had the grades I needed in high school and I did not had the funds available until one day in January 2005 we had a College Fair at work and Coker College representatives helped me to started.

cynthia

I have always had a passion to help others. Since I was 7 years old I have been volunteering at my mother's job in a nursing home. Whether it was painting, dancing or even my favorite Bingo, I was always there to try to cheer up the patients. It was then that I knew I had to become a nurse. Flash forward 14 years and I am currently attending my third semester at a community college to attain my goal of becoming a nurse. College has opened my eyes and has expanded my ways of thinking. First and foremost college has taught me how to be organized, how to manage my time and lastly college improved my social skills. These important traits have stayed with me and have allowed me to move up with the company that I currently work with, which provides my income for school and living expenses. College , will always be a stepping stool to advance myself so that I could stand out from the crowd, especially in times of recession. A higher education will give me the competitive edge that will increase my chances of finding a better career.

Jesse

Attending college eight years ago I would have said that I had not really gotten anything out of school. Today I am much older and have a much different view on school and education. I have obtained a great deal of experience and knowledge in my schoolings. This will only help to make me a much better rounded person, as well as help me mold my children, and the teenagers I coach, in better people as well. With out school there would be less mental development as well as emotional development which help us in our everyday lives. I have learned to enjoy my time in school and look forward to obtaining much more knowledge as I look to further my education.

niedra

Even though I only have one semester under my belt I have learned a few things that I will carry with me past graduation. With my first semester I have set a good foundation, and will continue to make good grades to take me to graduate school. I also learned that you really have to work hard to get things, and that if you want to build your resume you need to start as soon as possible because there is alot of competition out there. This is why going to this college, and college in general is valuable to me.

The best thing about Bennett College is the closeness you can feel so welcome the minute you walk on the campus. The sisterhood of this small oasis, which is what our President calls our school, makes you want to learn while being around young educated women. I also like the fact since our school is small our classes are small and we get more attention because we have more contact with our professors. This is why i love my school and would encourage any young women to apply here.

I feel that any young women can attend this school, mainly because everyone here is open to new things and experiences so they wouldn't turn anyone down.

Mariah

My college experience has taught me how to be more independant and not depend so much on others. Sometimes I do recieve assistance from my parents and other family members but over all I I have learned to be independant. This college is valubale to me because it taught me also how to communicate and to come out of my "shy shell." This school to me is a wonderful school and has taught me so much within the time that I have been here. I have to say some of the things are not as positive as the others but I have learned from others mistakes and to not to make the same ones on my own.

The type of person who hates smaller enviroments. At this school, it is based on round table discussions in which the student can actively get involved with the teacher and vice versa.

When I brag about this school, I mostly brag about how I'm always active with my teachers in and out of classes.

Coker College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.