Hartsville, SC
Coker College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Coker College

Jason

Always being an athlete, I knew it was going to be harder when entered college because of practice, time away for games, etc. So if I could give myself any kind of advice, it would be to develope better time management skills while stillin high school. I am a senior this year and feel like only now do I have a good handle on what it really means to manage my time effectively. I think I would have also researched a little more my college choices and done a better job with course selection in my early college years.

The way a new student can come in and almost immediately fit right in to just about every area of the campus life from academic to social and athletics.

How difficult it is to take courses over the summer when I am back home that will be counted towards my degree. I live in a different state and that makes it hard.

My classmates are respectful and kind to one another.

My classmates are respectful and kind to one another.

Make sure you ask more questions when looking for a new room-mate, and try not to eat so much sweet stuff, or else none of your pants will fit!! Also, don't be nervous about going away, it's really nice to get away from home from a little while, and make new friends on campus.

That art supplies were not supplied, and I had to buy everything.

DaShonda

My classmates are handworking, independent, high achievers.

My classmates are handworking, independent, high achievers.

I would tell myself that I should be ashamed of how I act or dress because I'm my own individual. I would also encourage myself to take college course and be prepare for the future. Lastly I would tell myself to start taking responsiblilties of my action and learning how to make it by myself.

I feel that everyone who is willing to learn and achieve should attend this school. My school does not discriminate again race, gender, or religion.

Tiffany

Coker is best known for academic excellence. sports and the music , theater and dance department.

I would tell parents to help their children the best way they can. Choosing a college can be really stressful and hard. Parents can mostly help by going on campus tours with the students, researching the schools for themselves and having a valid opinion when the students ask for it. I was accepted to three schools. I would have not been able to choose if I didn't have my mother's guidance and support.

The worse thing about Coker is that people don't take advantage of the many things that the school has to offer

Ashleigh

Make sure that you research your school throughly. The school you think you might want to go to might have excessive amounts of writing prompts, and you may not want to be a writer. Sometimes you may know what you want to do with your life, but go into college with an open mindset. Take classes in other fields to see if maybe there is something else out there for you. Parents, its hard to let go sometimes, but you need to understand that your child is doing this because they know it is the right thing to do. Students, take things as they come. College experiences are key to making things that much better. But also dont take things too lightly either, because what you came to school to do is learn and better your knowledge of a field you chose. So in other words have fun but stay focused.

Any kind of person should attend this school . Every one has the same chance of becoming who they want to become at this school.

The most frustrating thing is that it is a very small school so everyone knows every one eleses business. Keep things to yourself. And understand that no matter what you say things will get around at some point in time.

Ameerah

make sure the school reflects your personal goals

make sure the school reflects your personal goals

Small, not enough to do outside of class, dining hall food quailty and variety, sometimes you get the runaround with the buisness office

Ellen

Coker is a small town school with small classes and professors who are willing to work one on one with students.

Coker is in a nice town and everything is really close by so students dont have to drive everywhere because they can walk.

Students shouldn't always concentrate on which schools costs less but also focus on what the classroom experience is like. Smaller classes can be better for some student with the professor able to help whenever help is needed. Also if a student is unlikely going to have a car for college they should consider smaller colleges because these colleges would be more likely to be close enough to local stores and such in which case a student could walk.

Mason

Stay on campus! You really miss out on once in a lifetime opportunities and friends when you commute. To encourage staying on campus, pick a school that's too far to commute to everyday, but close enough so that if you feel homesick on the weekends, you can go home. And before enrolling, visit the school. Take a tour and get to know some of the students there and ask them how they feel about the school.

My friends! I have met some of the greatest people here that I hope to never lose contact with. Also, there are so many unique once in a lifetime experiences, such experiences as study abroad, that they encourage strongly.

Coker College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.