Coker College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Coker College

Victoria

I think that Coker College is nice. The teachers there or at least the teacher's I've had were helpful as long as you ask. The college events they host, they really want students to join in, even by constant emails. It's spacious and quiet in the morning and at night so, that's always a good time to think. However, it requires a lot of money to get in and stay in. It's a very conflicting topic for myself to discuss about considering that if your GPA is lower than 2.0, that you can get academic probation. But, that's something that doesn't really demand attention over. Just know that you'll always feel safe.

Coker College is a place for people whom like close intimate colleges. Coker allows for people to interact and know people on a wide scale. It has some local businesses that are very supportive and willing to provide a wide range of opportunities, and the community that surrounds the school is very supportive, and interacts with students on a regular basis. Overall Coker has been an amazing school that feels like a home away from home, and I am so glad to be here and have the amazing support system that I have.

Kyle

I am an incoming freshman for Fall 2016, and can honestly say that the interaction and directives I have received from the Coker College administration is of rock star status. I feel a part of the Coker Family and have yet to move in! I am so excited about my future at Coker.

Kacie

Coker College tries its best to make sure that all the students get the best classroom experience. The class sizes are small and on a personal one on one basis. The teachers make sure to help as much as they can and always provide extra help. I, personally, love Coker College.

Coker College is a great place to be the environment is great and you can really get to know everyone in a short amount of time because of the fact that it is not really a big school so overall it is a wonderful place to be. Everyone that is on campus is always saying hello and greeting you with a friendly face no matter what is going on if you are in trouble someone is there to help you become better. I truly am glad that I picked Coker College as the College to get my degree from

Breanna

Coker College has been a wonderful place for me. Ever since my official visit my senior year of high school I knew that this place would be my home for the next 4 years. The small campus and friendly community makes the atmosphere very welcoming. What I really love about this school are the small class sizes. It gives every student an opportunity to excel academically and with close relationships with the professors, learning couldn't be easier. Coker has made me grow into a better person than I ever thought I could be on my own.

Sonni

I absolutely love Coker. When I went on my first tour, the impressions were outstanding. It is a very "home-like" college that I am glad to be apart of. I am currently enrolled at Coker and I cannot wait to start the next chapter of my life there. Big opportunities are waiting for me.

Gary

Awful. Made the wrong choice. They just want you money. Town is nice but tiny. Athletic teams suck. Administration doesn't care. President is a cocky asshole. Better off going to state school. Not worth the $...buyer beware!

Abigail

I will be attending Coker starting in the fall 2018 semester. I've been accepted into the STEM Scholars Bio program and the Honors program. From tge one time I visited campus, I knew I was in love. I love campus and I can't imagine making anywhere else my home!

Jordan

Coker provides an atmosphere that allows me to better my best everyday. I am able to grow academically and socially at Coker. The classrooms, clubs and organizations, and campus environment all allow me to immerse myself in a way that allows me to make experiences that I know I will cherish in the future.

Coker College is a private school that does care! The class size makes it easy to know professors one on one and not become just another number. The staff and professors are willing to help if they can. The president is also very nice and gets involved too. There are many activities brought to the campus thanks to Coker's CAB (Campus Activity Board). Coker College is a wonderful experience for everyone! Downtown Hartsville also has nice stores and certain events like a farmers market on the weekends. Come check out this small town college, you be disappointed!

Jeremy

It is small, but the class size and teachers are always willing to work with you. If you are out of state it is very expensive and scholarships from the college are not enough to help out with cost. Look into more scholarships before attending. It will help in the long run if you do.

Kimberly

Coker College is a great school to attend. Each professor and faculty/staff member make you feel so much at home. Knowing your name and actually interested in teaching the class and makes fun ways/opportunities to engage in the classroom. Also campus security are very friendly. There is never a dull moment here on campus and activities to do every day all times of the day.

Siobahn

To be honest I think its a great school. 10/10. The professors are nice and care about the students' education and the campus is small so everyone gets a chance to really get to know each other. The dorms are a bit small but it's manageable. The crime rate at Coker is super low.

Andrew

Coker College is an amazing school! Located in the small town of Hartsville, Coker College offers the perfect environment to focus on academics and not be disrupted by the hustle and bustle of a large city. Almost all of the classes at Coker College are small. The largest class having about twelve students. It allows students to have a one on one connection with the professors and be able to better learn the material. Professors are very approachable and happy to answer any questions you have. The Professors truly care about the students and want them to succeed! Overall Coker College is a wonderful College and I couldn’t see myself anywhere else!

Shawn

The atmosphere of Coker College is one of the best that I've been around. The campus safety is one of their top priorities because they want everyone to feel safe when they are attending Coker. The facilities are a little modern, but the scenery around campus makes them look just right. The school is very invested into their athletes as they show tons of support and continue to add sports to their athletic program.

Jacob

I really like the school it offers me what I want in life. I especially like that the baseball team is there. The programs are pretty good. The on campus housing is pretty good as well. Everything about the college is good. I enjoy the college and anyone else looking for an education would too.

Caelan

Coker College, which is turning into a University, is a very small school, in a small town, in the middle of nowhere. There isn't much to do around here which gets boring at times, but it's honestly what you make it. The people are super friendly and it is a pretty tight community of people wanting to help one another. The school is made up of mostly athletes however, so if you aren't one than you may feel left out. The class sizes are very small but it allows you to get to know your professors on a more personal level and it isn't too difficult to do well as long as you put in your best effort. In general, I think Coker is a good school, but not made for everyone. I would say that you have to like a very small community, not having much to do, and play a sport in order for you to feel like you fit in here.

Alexis

Its alright for the most part it pretty much is what you make it. The people are pretty nice but there are the athlete cliques but they are usually nice. The coursework is challenging depending on the professor you have. Food is here and there sometimes good and others not so good.

Bono

Coker University is a terrible University with rascism rampant among all the administration. The school president was fired, oh wait he was forced to resign due to sexual misconduct with male students. The administration over campus safety covers up sexual crimes and anything that makes the school look bad. The Campus Safety also frames employees at the request of Coker to get rid of them and so they can commit insurance fraud by framing people for stealing so the higher ups there can take government and state issued supplies, equipment, computers, etc. If they frame an employee for something they actually have been stealing then they can keep what they want and have their insurance foot the bill. They have been framing employees for years. They pick ones they either don't think will fight back or can't afford a lawyer. Coker is dirty. They have covered up alleged murders, rapes, thefts, hazing and hate crimes. Don't send your child here if you care about them. Bad.