Colby-Sawyer College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Colby-Sawyer College

Vanessa

How do I describe Colby-Sawyer College? Well, to say it simply, I love it here. The size of the community allows you to feel comfortable, and safe in the environment. Even though you don't know every single person on campus you at least recognize people when you are walking by them. The other great thing about the size is you are a face and name to your professors. They know you and can help you in a more personalized way than when you are in the big universities. The people that come here are all so nice, and it's easy for it to become home.

Molly

Colby-Sawyer College is great if you don't mind a small college community. It is right on the mountain so its great if you love to ski or enjoy a good hike. Being a small college, has it perks because it allows for better connections with professors, peers and campus staff. Overall this college is great and you will get a strong education.

Mattie

Colby-Sawyer College is a great school for the small town life. As a small school, CSC students are not just peers, we are a community. The majors and minors offered at CSC range brilliantly from Painting to Nursing to Environmental Science to Creative Writing. The school not only offers incredible classes and opportunities; CSC makes sure that the students are never bored or dissatisfied with life outside the classroom. Go Chargers!

Emma

I enjoyed my time but it isn't worth the amount of money and debt. The class sizes and the library are the best part. Class offerings are kind of limited and many cuts are being made. There can be a lot of problems within housing, but overall the dorms are nice. There is a lot of activities on campus but not much in the town, other than a few small restaurants.

Julia

The first moment I stepped onto Colby-Sawyer’s campus, I fell in love; the views, the greenery, and the aesthetic. I have never not reccomended Colby-Sawyer to anyone, there is something for everyone. Most importantly, we are a family and we stand together in good times and in bad. I love this school, and I have never been happier with a decision.

Ethan

Colby-Sawyer College is small liberal arts college tucked into little New London, NH. The campus is beautiful and the professors/faculty are amazing. I have had a terrific time here at Colby-Sawyer and have made life long friends. Yes, we are going through financial issues but the current president is doing a great job with getting us back on track. The academics here vary in difficulty based on major, however, as with everything else in life; if you work hard you will be successful. Sodexo is the food service provider here on campus and could be a lot better but it gets the job done. Another complaint that can be made about Colby-Sawyer College is the party scene. Yes, students are in college to learn and gain an education to brighten their future but if there is no social life and no place to have fun on the weekends what is the point of going to a school? College is the time to try new things, make more friends and do things you cannot do after graduation. The on and off campus housing selections have been very poor. Furthermore, campus safety and the local police department have done a great job increasing their force on campus by busting parties and underage alcohol consumption. I do not entirely agree with this because is drastically reduces the social life on weekends. If kids are safe, smart and respectful there should be no reason for law enforcement to be involved. Any small school is what you make of it. I enjoy it here at Colby-Sawyer and have made awesome relationships with my friends and professors. I have gotten involved in Student Government, clubs, and sporting teams. Colby-Sawyer College, in my opinion, has everything a small New England campus has to offer.

Lindsay

This school is a joke. Colby-Sawyer is the kind of b.s. college kids go to only because they couldn't get accepted anywhere else. The professors are nice and all, but the academics are terrible. If you're anything like me and feel that college should come with some academic challenges, this is not the school for you. Most of the classes are unbelievably easy. With the exception of Nursing, most majors have so few requirements you can graduate with your Bachelor's in 2 years. I find that disgusting. This school won't do anything for you. I know the college means well, but it just didn't do enough for me. Bye CSC...I'll be going to a credible institution next year to get my degree.

Katie

Since starting school here this past fall, I've become right at home in the small town of New London. The locals here are so nice and welcoming to all the college students, and are actively participating in events held on campus. From an academic standpoint the classes offered for my major are non-ending, each with different professors who make it their mission to be positive that you understand the class material. They take the time to learn your name, what you like to do, and how you absorb information. There's no other institution I want to stay at after spending time here.

Abigail

I love this college. I will be attending in the fall and every time I have visited, the staff and students made it feel like home. The studies are the number one priority over anything. I have not met any professor's yet but I have heard that they are very open and talk anytime you need them. They set you up for a great career in life.

Jocelyn

I would just like to start off by aying that I know that I chose the right school for me, I can't imagine being anywhere else. Ever since I put one foot on campus for my first tour I was like, "This is the place for me." I toured 5-6 other colleges, and I was always comparing them to Colby-Sawyer. I chose to come to Colby-Sawyer for many reasons, one of them was because I have had previous friends that have gone through their nursing program, and even though the program is very rigorous, I chose to attend here because I wanted to challenge myself so I can be the best nurse and provide exemplary care for my patients. The housing on campus is like any modern college, with corridor and suite style living options. The dorms are kept moderately clean, and the housecleaning staff are very friendly. Another reason I chose to enroll at Colby-Sawyer was because of the small class sizes; for example, the majority of my class sizes have a maximum of 18-21 students. I love CSC because the school community is extremely welcoming to the first-year students and as a result of this I ended up joining 5 clubs. This welcoming atmosphere made my transition into college much smoother and I have made so many new friends. The work load is very rigorous (not just for nursing majors), but I feel it will be so worth it to see the diploma in my hand in less than 4 years.

Celina

I think Colby-Sawyer is an amazing school. They have good professors and a great campus.

Marissa

Colby-Sawyer is an amazing small Liberal Arts school in New Hampshire. It is very welcoming, the dorms are a decent size, there's so much to do on campus which makes up for the lack of places surrounding the school. The food is really good and they have options for everyone!