Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School Top Questions

Christy

What I have gained by being in college, is that you need to graduate. I am a single mother and was unable to continue in college, due to my grades dropping, because I was working 40 hours a week, taking care of an infant and trying to do school work. I have been unable to find a decent job and I believe it is because I never finished college and got a degree. I have decided to do online schooling for a Paralegal Degree and try to get into the government like my mom has been doing for 25 years. I want to move out of my parents house and make a great and stable life for my son and I and I'm unable to do so because I haven't finished college.

Cecilia

The great Nelson Mandela once stated that, "Education is the most powerful weapon, that you can use to change the world". I believe this is truth. I believe that my quest to obtain a college education, along with my life experences will provide me with knowledge that will help unlock the minds and spirits of others and help break the chains of ignorance and injustice. This is valuable to me because I have an unquenchable disire to serve those that humanity refuses to acknowledge. These are the people I call the "invisable people". I was once an "invisiable person" born into a childhood marked with abuse and neglect. I know the language and life of the "invisiable people". Many people attend college in hopes of an education that wil place them in a job that will provide finicial security. Indeed, a formal education will most likely help a person make a good living. However, I believe that using education to help others will bring more that finicial gain. It will enrich my life as well as the life of others.