Colgate University

« See more reviews of Colgate University

The picture of Colgate that is painted by our website and admissions is not the reality of Colgate so take everything in the pamphlets with a grain of salt. For example, the school says that about one third of men are in fraternities. This statistic may be true, but misleading and does not present the whole picture. When they calculate the statistic, the school includes Freshman, despite the fact they are not eligible to rush and join a fraternity until the first semester of their Sophomore year. So the percentage of those who are eligible to participate in Greek life and do so, is actually much higher. Make sure you visit, talk to current students and don't be shy to ask the hard questions.

Everyone who comes to Colgate basically falls in love with it. There's a reason we have rabid alumni support here; it's a great place to be. It has its downsides, like the weather, the small town, and the gigantic hill, but overall it is fantastic. You can get anything you want out of Colgate. The campus is gorgeous, and so are the people. I'm not joking; everyone here is good-looking. I've visited some of my other friends at college, and other student bodies are just not as attractive as ours.

The Jug downtown is wildly popular, but you need to be there on a night when just the right amount of the right (hot) people are there. When it gets full of ugly people eating each others faces, the Jug can be the lamest time of your life, even if you're trashed. Nichols hard to get into if you don't know anybody that works there, or if your fake ID is weak. Anyway, Colgate was the perfect choice for me, I couldn't imagine going anywhere else.

Despite all of Colgate's shortcomings, I still have a lot of fun here. It's just easy to fall into a routine doing the same stuff over and over if you don't look out. Colgate has a lot of wealthy alumni who typically hook people up with great jobs after graduation. In all, I'd say life at Colgate is pretty good.

Your college experience is Colgate. We never had the distraction of a big city, and the community is extremely close. For 4 years, I felt like I was part of something unique and special. It was a definititive time in my life and one that will and could never be repeated. it was awesome.

Students discuss their favorite, and not-so-favorite, aspects of 'Gate. Hitting on younger girls at the jug, the Colgate cruiser system, and the joke that is our "Campus Safety Report" all came out on top. Parking, ketchup dispensers and one poor roommate, unfortunately, did not.

If your a fit for Colgate, your going to LOVE IT. But if your not, you would probably regret coming here. Do you research because you only have four years, and if you hate your school, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

I had a hard time at first being away from my friends, family and home but after some time Colgate became my second home and I loved it very much. If I could go back I would choose Colgate all over again.

I love Colgate and the connections I've made there. Its a great place that will follow you wherever you go, meeting alumni etc. who share the same love of Colgate is the best feeling in the world.

Huntington Gym has something for everyone. Squash, racquetball, basketball and volleyball courts combine with the fitness center, pool and climbing wall for the total workout experience.