Colgate University

« See more reviews of Colgate University

Yes, they mostly are. We have a small representation of minorities on campus, but not much although Colgate claims to support diversity. The party school thing is semi-accurate. Colgate students party a lot, but they do not have the endurance. Most parties end by like 1 or 2 am. Also, there are basically two extremes at Colgate: those who party a lot and those who don't at all.

No. There are a lot of preppy kids, but there are also a large population that are not. Not everyone drinks, not even half of the school i'd say. Although Hamilton,NY is not a thriving city there is always something to do ranging from parties to movies to book signings to class dinners with your professor.

I wouldn't say so. Colgate can be many different things for many different types of people. It isn't just a school for rich kids, although there are certainly many here. What you see at Colgate is really determined by what group you join; I'd say there's really a little bit of everything here.

Colgate is fucking freezing yet beautiful, and the town of Hamilon wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Colgate. As I sip filtered water out of my Nalgene in Jersey and wipe my white ass with a Benjamin I realize that I have become a caricature of myself.

Sort of. The majority of students do come from very wealthy families in the northeast. Most students don't work that hard, though. There are some kids as well who come from different backgrounds, but they are definitely in the minority.

Yes, they are stereotypes for a reason. Walking around campus it is pretty hard to dispute any of them, especially the heavy drinking one, we have an operating pub on campus for goodness sake.

Most people - but not ALL - are financially comfortable and intelligent. The education is very good, slightly too expensive, NOT in the Ivy league and NOT a dentistry school.

For the most part, yes, but I think the rich and preppy kids only are more noticeable than the other types of students.

This stereotype is true for some people but not a significant portion of the student population.

I would say so. Other types of students exist but they seem to be on the outside margins.