Colgate University

« See more reviews of Colgate University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Colgate is white-washed. Although it attempts to bring in minorities and diverse ideas, minority students find themselves self-segregating - such as living in the HRC, and as a result the prominent scene at Colgate is frat-boys and insecure girls who go out 3 to 4 nights a week and black out at the jug. Most Colgate students come from the upper class, and although some of this can be seen in preppy styles, it is manifested to an even greater greater extent in a self entitled attitude. Stereo types about the frats: Phi Delta Theta = dorky guys, but a tight knit fraternity. DKE = underground sketchballs who party hard. Phi Tau = assholes who get in fights. Beta Theta Pi = Preppy guys who think they are way cooler than they actually are. Delta Delta Delta = the ugliest sorority. Theta Chi = drugee frat. DU = meatheads. KKG = hot sorority. Kappa Alpha Theta = coke sluts (Fuck a theta marry a kappa). Gamma Phi = nice girls, but a solid third place. Sigma Chi = fratty guys who party hard, not a fraternity.

Most come from extremely wealthy families and the campus is basically a walking J. Crew magazine. Be prepared to look your best every single day of the week (including Sundays), and there is an unwritten rule about everyone not being able to wear sweatpants to class. Girls always own a pair of Ugg Boots, Vera Bradley purses. Prep to the max.

I think Colgate is seen as a fairly conservative, small school for rich, preppy kids. I'm sure there are other stereotypes about other aspects of Colgate life, but that one sums it up pretty well.

Colgate: Middle of nowhere, picturesque, cold Colgate students: Preppy, rich, white, from NJ CT or NY, wear Northface and J.Crew, own a Jeep Grand Cherokee, drink water out of a Nalgene

That Colgate is a homogenous campus where everyone is wealthy, social, white, good looking, preppy, parties often, and drinks hard.

That everyone is wealthy, and intelligent. That the school is very good, in the Ivy League, too expensive and a dentistry school.

Preppy, smart, rich, good-looking, "out of a catalog" style, beer drinkers, big partiers, work hard party hard, fit,

That we are all rich, preppy, and white students. It also gets around a lot that we are a party school.

That Colgate is full of rich, preppy kids from the NY/NJ/Conn. who "work hard and play hard."

Super preppy, stuck up, rich kids living in the middle of nowhere who drink a lot.