Colgate University

« See more reviews of Colgate University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Colgate students are stereotypically prescribed as preppy, priveleged white kids who drink and smoke too much. Due to the geographical isolation of the campus, outsiders think there is nothing to do here other than party.

Colgate students are preppy, wealthy, and cliquey. They work hard and party hard. Everyone here is an overachiever, and everyone here binge drinks on a regular basis. Frat parties are the only social happenings here.

Some stereotypes about Colgate and Colgate students are that we are out of the loop of major events and stuck in the "Colgate Bubble". There is also the perception that the students are pretentious and entitled.

There's a negative stereotype that Colgate students are snobs clad entirely in J. Crew. Or that everyone is really well off. There's also the stereotype that everyone is really friendly, athletic and motivated.

Some stereotypes are that Colgate students are stuckup and preppy. Others include the fact that Colgate students expect things without having to work for them. Alot of the townspeople consider students rude.

Colgate students are said to be preppy and mostly from the north-east. There are a lot of athletes, it's a "fit" school, people tend to have money, and the average student is a very hard worker and smart.

Stereotypes about Colgate students always include that we are rich, snotty, over-privileged party animals. Stereotypes about Colgate itself almost always involve the lack of diversity of the student body.

That Colgate is a very preppy school full of rich kids who are drinking their parents money away. There is also the stereotype that the students are very smart and the motto is work hard party hard.

We're all from New Jersey, we're all really rich, and we're all super preppy. Oh, and we all want to be investment bankers. No one has a liver any more because we all go out 5 nights a week.

All rich preppy white kids. Very athletic, drink a lot, conservative politically, drive nice cars, apathetic, only here to get a degree, will go work for their fathers' companies post-grad