Colgate University

« See more reviews of Colgate University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

We are stereotypically a preppy white school where everyone has money. We also live by the motto 'work hard, play hard.'

That Colgate has a "work hard, play hard" mentality. Colgate students are stereotyped as being relatively homogeneous.

The stereotypical Colgate student is good looking, comes from money, dresses well, works hard, and parties harder.

There are some very strong stereotypes about Colgate students that they are rich, white and mostly spoiled.

A common stereotype is that everybody is really rich and preppy. Also that we are a huge party school

Most people think of Colgate as a majority white, stylish, upper-middle class group of overachievers.

JCrew catalogue, WASPS, rich, east-coast, boarding school kids. We are all studying to be dentists.

Stereotypes about Colgate is that it is a preppy college with individuals who have a lot of money.

Rich, preppy, kids who are more active in their appearances than global politics or world issues.

Boring school. Middle of nowhere. Nothing to do. Students are too preppy. Not enough diversity.