Colgate University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

I don't know about stereotypes but people often assume everyone at Colgate is preppy. I will say that on the surface, it does happen sometimes, but the people who break the mold are so admired and loved. Personality wise, preppy could be the farthest thing from the truth.

The students at Colgate are intelligent, hardworking, and incredibly involved. Everyone maintains very diverse interests and are involved of a plethora of activities. The students are eager to make change and succeed. Likewise, Colgate students allow for some downtime and enjoy having fun. Overall, Colgate is a very happy and congenial environment.

patrick

The typical Colgate student comes from New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester or long Island. Affluent, preppy, a number of lax bros and frat stars. Also they tend to party a lot and frequent the library. However this is not all of the students Colgate has been trying to bring "diversity" to campus, how well they are doing is a question of debate but more than 3/4ths of students are white.