Alameda, CA
College of Alameda

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Alameda

Kaja

It is a good school to go to to focus. A lot of people transfer from there every year. I came to this school to focus and it was great. The teachers are pretty good. I started off rough but my teachers cared and helped me and now I am transferring in the fall.

Dennis

It is a great school; it's pretty small and quiet, but people can always get the classes they need. The faculty is extremely nice and friendly and will do their best to make anyone feel welcome. Everyone is so helpful and they really want their students to succeed. This college is a part of a larger district with three other colleges so if it doesn't have the exact classes you need or a class at a bad time for you, you can attend any of the other three in the district. There are plenty of online, summer, and winter courses too! More often than not, you can get the classes you need when you need them.

Alaa

Some of the teachers are really hard and some of the teachers are reasonable and easy.The food facilities are wonderful and delicious. The class sizes I just the right amount but they will switch to class if they’re not. It’s a good school I enjoy going.

Melinda

College of Alameda is decent community college. Some professors are really helpful and others are just there to get paid. The facilities there are often sometimes rude and bossy occasionally. There are also resources there that are helpful such as the writing center and MESA tutoring at the science annex which is a few blocks away from the main campus.

Yehya

It's a pretty good community college with great staff and a nice library, which has a writing center, a math lab and a writing lab. However, I personally think that there needs to be more clubs as there are less than ten that are active. Overall I enjoy it.

Tom

There is a lot of freedom. You are not bound to College of Alameda because you are in a Peralta College. You can attend classes at any other Peralta colleges. Scenery is really green and refreshing. If you qualify for EOPS you can get a $5 meal card every day for lunch.

Matthew

I am attending the College of Alameda which is a community college and I am planning on transferring in one more year. The classes that I have taken so far have been fine but there are some teachers who just do not care about teaching. I think that this is a good school to go to if you are planning on transferring to a 4 year.

Eboni

There are a diversity of classes and professors that really care.

There are a diversity of classes and professors that really care.

Experience may be the best teacher but you do not have to experience everything first hand yourself. Those responsible loving and caring adults in your life have walked this journey before. Listen and learn from their bumps and bruises along the way. There are many experiences you will have to endure yourself but the intelligent pathway to education doesn't have to be one of stumbling and confusion. These are the best days of your young adulthood. People are still willing to help you, encourage you, and support you. All for the sake of helping you achieve a good education that will benefit you in the long run. Let them! Listen and take heed. And then remember to do the same for others coming after you. Share with others as older pioneers have shared with you.

There are some professors not welling to work with student athlete. Just make sure you ask who is who and then work out an understanding prior to enrollment inthat class. Take the easier courses after your sports season is over that way if important milestone projects or dates are missed or conflict with your game schedule you are not impacted too badly

Kevin

The University of California, Riverside, is the most diverse school I have ever attended and I love my education here.

There are several things that I have gotten out of my college experience. First off, I have grown as a person, mentally and independently. My school has helped me grow socially, in which I am more open in social situations. Academically, I have learned to prepare for tests and manage my time. wisely.

The worst thing about my school is that there is no nightlife. As well, the whether is extremely hot all the time.

Gabriel

My classmates are diverse, focused, incisive, highly opinionated, and each one really wants to be there to learn and succeed...

If I went back in time to speak to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myslef is to save, save, save! College is not cheap. But along with the extra money that could've helped, I would've learned to expense myself and become more financially wise. The second word of advice would be buckle down, do that work, study for those tests, and apply for as many scholarships possible. The third word of advice would be to really inquire further into what I want to achieve after I graduate, where I see myself in the future, and what subject or major am I deeply interested in and passionate about enough to pursue. And fourth and finally, I would tell myself to go for that problem in math that everybody stumbles over, raise your hand when you have an opinion about something in history class, be the person that's bold enough to stand in front of your english class to express ideals, push your mind to acquire, attain, and accomplish in all the knowledge and wisdom your teachers have to share with you, and don't be afraid, everything's gonna be alright.

Well I believe the kind of person that isn't self-determining, focused or motivated should definitely keep distance from this college and any college in general. I say that because college is a very big leap from high school. It isn't like going from elementary school to middle school, or from middle school to high school, because you have to attain independence and responsibility quick, and sometimes you're in it on your own. You would really have to do a lot of maturing and keep your focal point as the drive that leads you to success.

College of Alameda administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.