College of Alameda Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of Alameda

Scarlett

The classes and professors are great! The teachers are accessible and provide tons of helpful information about the course. Our library is an amazing place to study quietly by yourself or get help from tutors regarding mathematics or English.

Melinda

College of Alameda is decent community college. Some professors are really helpful and others are just there to get paid. The facilities there are often sometimes rude and bossy occasionally. There are also resources there that are helpful such as the writing center and MESA tutoring at the science annex which is a few blocks away from the main campus.

Alaa

Some of the teachers are really hard and some of the teachers are reasonable and easy.The food facilities are wonderful and delicious. The class sizes I just the right amount but they will switch to class if they’re not. It’s a good school I enjoy going.

Matthew

I am attending the College of Alameda which is a community college and I am planning on transferring in one more year. The classes that I have taken so far have been fine but there are some teachers who just do not care about teaching. I think that this is a good school to go to if you are planning on transferring to a 4 year.

Dennis

It is a great school; it's pretty small and quiet, but people can always get the classes they need. The faculty is extremely nice and friendly and will do their best to make anyone feel welcome. Everyone is so helpful and they really want their students to succeed. This college is a part of a larger district with three other colleges so if it doesn't have the exact classes you need or a class at a bad time for you, you can attend any of the other three in the district. There are plenty of online, summer, and winter courses too! More often than not, you can get the classes you need when you need them.

Kaja

It is a good school to go to to focus. A lot of people transfer from there every year. I came to this school to focus and it was great. The teachers are pretty good. I started off rough but my teachers cared and helped me and now I am transferring in the fall.

Yehya

It's a pretty good community college with great staff and a nice library, which has a writing center, a math lab and a writing lab. However, I personally think that there needs to be more clubs as there are less than ten that are active. Overall I enjoy it.

Tom

There is a lot of freedom. You are not bound to College of Alameda because you are in a Peralta College. You can attend classes at any other Peralta colleges. Scenery is really green and refreshing. If you qualify for EOPS you can get a $5 meal card every day for lunch.

Kalynn

The school is pretty average for a community college; however, the professors are extremely helpful. Every professor I've had has made the extra effort to help their students succeed and learn. Most of them teach at other schools and have a variety of different backgrounds. Although I checked rate my professor before choosing any class, I still think that the school hires some pretty good ones. Aside from that, the rest of the staff is just okay. The people at the offices aren't very friendly and sometimes come off as rude. If you're looking for a community college just for the eduction, then I think you will be able to have a good experience.

It's pretty not very lively there really is not much to do besides go to class, but even then you may not know anyone so it is extremely boring english professers honestly aren't great here so if you are an english major not the school to be attending

Edgar

Overall, this is a small campus which means that the class sizes are also small. There is a more one on one interaction with the professor and plenty of assistance on campus and online. Tuition is very affordable if you do not get financial aid. Teachers and counselors are always available to assist you with any questions.