College of Central Florida Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of Central Florida

Gilles

My overall opinion of College of Central Florida is that it is a very good institution for learning. Throughout all of the courses i have attended, most if not all have been very good learning experiences, I would not take them for granted. The faculty really wish for you to do the best that you can. The professors as well are always available during their office hours and at the beginning and end of classes. This college is a very good one for sure.

Lydia

I have loved every minute of the three years that I have attended the College of Central Florida. The class room sizing is impeccable; there are just enough students to strike up a study group spontaneously, but not so many that you're just another student in a sea of faces. Our professors know and call each of us by name, and they genuinely care about our individual well being. For example, each of my professors took the time to sign a card and write personalized notes for me when my "mother" passed away this semester. Though some might find the smaller campus size problematic, it is a convenience for me. It took all of two days to locate each aspect of the campus that was important to me. Had I been at a larger campus, I definitely would have had a more difficult time locating the necessities of the campus. With the campus placed at the heart of Ocala, there is no shortage of food and shopping plazas available. We are surrounded by all of the main fast food chains as well as a handful of restaurants that fall at various points on the fancy scale. Directly across the street, one would find the Paddock Mall decked out with a lavish food court, a Victoria's Secret, JcPenny's, Bath and Body Works and so much more. Overall, I have loved every moment with my school. I am a small town girl so I take joy in knowing everyone, and being known, by name. The ease of locating things related to the small campus size, which just so happens to be sitting at the heart of all the food and shopping options a small town girl could ask for also give my school brownie points. All of these things make the College of Central Florida an impeccable fit for me.

Chetavian

This school is a great place for students to learn and expand their horizons, but the best part is that you can learn at a very reasonable price. The teachers are always there to see you if you ever need help with a certain subject or just have a real life question for real live people.

Brooke

It's a good cheap option to get your basic degrees at. The surrounding area is a good place to hang out with friends and it's pretty close to downtown. Various cheep options for student living, not all of them are the best options. Class sizes are usually small and curriculum seems generally organized. Many helpful advisers to keep you on track.

Lindsey

My overall opinion of the College of Central Florida is that they have successfully provided me with an opportunity to grow and even flourish even when I did not have the resources to attend a University. This school is constantly improving and providing a great academic opportunity to more than just me, but many single parents, high schoolers, and even middle aged students who are returning to school again.

Trent

My experience at the College of Central Florida was a great one. The classes a very cheap and the teachers are always happy to help you. I recommend going here for the first 2 years of college to get your AA.

Alana

Very affordable! Small class sizes and teachers actually know your name. I recommend for a local community college over others nearby. Also would recommend right out of high school. I have earned my A.A degree here and do not have any debt or student loans as all was payable out of pocket.

Madison

The College of Central Florida has placed a lasting impression on me. As a high school senior planning on going to this college in late June of this year, I feel this is a very safe and welcoming place that will only be able to benefit me. Since this is a community college, I also believe it'll be the best way to introduce me to a college experience without completely throwing me into the expectations of a four year college or university. Being able to receive my Associate's degree in art and animation from the College of Central Florida will certainly help set me on a path that I can truly be proud of.

Julie-Ann

Ocala is a smaller campus in a smaller city so it's easy to navigate and students are very friendly and helpful as well as the staff. The professors are caring and helpful as well and go above and beyond to make sure you understand their class assignments. CF in Ocala is a wonderful college, has a beautiful campus and near the Paddock Mall with city transit if needed. Overall, CF is a wonderful local campus and prepares you for transition to a University.

Vianca

This is a great school that is consistently trying to deliver more to its students while being involved in the community and exposing students to real world events. They actively reach out to community leaders in hopes of creating new programs, connections for students and possible financial aid opportunities through sponsored scholarships.

Erin

I think the College of Central Florida is a great college. There are a few clubs for people that are interested in being involved like Phi Theta Kappa. The classes are a little bit challenging but they aren't super stressful. Also the professors are easy to form a relationship with if you want to because they are very nice.

Dakota

I have been attending the College of Central Florida since I was a junior in high school through the dual enrollment program. I have never had a negative experience with my classes there, and the teachers are always making the classes a warm and welcoming place to learn.

Dhrubo

The college has great professors who are most of the time available to help and help greatly. The college is great especially if you want to save money for the first two years of your bachelor's degree if you want to do it an university. Overall, the college is very great.

Victoria

I was dual enrolled at CF for 4 semesters and I definitely enjoyed it. Their dual enrollment program is a mess, but the staff are usually very kind and willing to help. The campus is good size for a community college and it's kept very clean. It has many great places to study, socialize, or just chill. I've had positive experiences with all my professors and I was a part of a few clubs that I really enjoyed. The campus events are great, there are a lot of student activities with free food and they regularly have music events, plays, and art exhibits. Overall, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a medium sized college.

Jaci

There are a lot of resources and helpful advisors. It is almost impossible to fail. It is an extremely affordable college with an average of 27 students to one professor. I would recommend it to anyone as a great place to get an AA or bachelors degree.

Kady

College of Central Florida has a nice, quiet, comfortable campus. There are multiple campuses throughout neighboring counties that makes for a easy commute. Their nursing program is wonderful, while the professors are always there to encourage you. Class sizes are small and intimate, making for easy learning.

Kwanesha

There is a huge problem with the financial aid office. It seems like no one is around to answer the phones, and it's extremely hard to get a hold of someone. I enjoy the class sizes and my professors are easy to access. All of the professors aren't great, but the classes themselves are easy.

Richa

The College of Central Florida is a good school as a first timer because the class size is not too big where you are overwhelmed but they have many different opportunities and it's a very good school to join and learn new things out of. I have made tons of friends here and we always encourage each other in classes to figure out the problems and to not only pass the class but understand the concepts of that class.

Abbey

This college is great for anyone looking to restart or just start their education. Admission is easy, and the school is incredibly affordable. The Bachelor's degrees that the school offers are limited and transferring is encouraged. A direct program is set up for guaranteed acceptance to the UCF after receiving associates at this school.

Tiffany

I really feel that the College of Central Florida is a great school overall. It is fairly affordable, mostly all of the resources I need are easily available(testing center, physical access and virtual access to libraries, convenient office hours for professors and administrators), and my adviser seems dedicated to helping me reach my goals. My only complaint is that there are not very many courses offered during the summer besides prerequisites.

Shelby

The College of Central Florida is truly one of the highlights of the small town of Ocala. The college creates a relaxed environment and is voted one of the most affordable schools in the country. The campus is a bit small, and not really very pretty but the students who attend the school care about it. There is very rarely trash on the floor, it is a tobacco free campus and is considered very clean. The Financial Aid staff is extremely helpful, and though the lines can get long, they are always willing to help. A lot of the financial aid front staff are students themselves, so they can relate to the struggles of the students. The cafeteria is very small, but has a continuous selection, though not very broad. The food is never bland and you get to watch the food being cooked right in front of you. Daily specials are available for many things, soup, pizza and a regular hot mean, while the basic menu never changes. Parking is never really an issue, because there really aren't that many students in the school itself, and parking is designated by color of your sticker. Blue/White-parking for students. Red-Staff/Reserved, and Green- Visitors. The school itself is extremely involved with the community, often doing events for the women's abuse shelter, and relief funds, toys for tots and my brothers keeper food drives. The school is very in touch with the community, and holds presentations nearly every Monday at the Webber center that feature free food and Monday during the student hour the presentation is available for the students where it is much more personal and food is still available. Over all, the school is worth going to if you live in the state of Florida, would like a worthwhile degree and go to a worthwhile school.

The College of Central Florida is miraculous College to attend. Very clean campus, I feel extremely safe on this campus, The College of Central Florida offers great classes to take and has a wonderful staff that is willing to help you with anything and everything you need to make your future come true. The College of Central Florida also offers great activities for the students, for example during our finals they offered something called "Stress Busters" its where the students eat free, play games, and just don't stress. I love the positive atmosphere this college has also.

Krystal

When I graduated from high school, I started going to a different community college nearby, but when I transferred to CF, there were many more opportunities provided for me at this campus. The teachers are very willing to make sure you understand the material and they want you to succeed. Also, they have a large variety of classes to choose from to fit your schedule.

alexis

I feel that my college is a great one with knowledgeable professors and great, happy student life. If I could change one thing I would say that we need to keep our advising offices more organized because of how large our student body is a lot of information is forgotten or lost.

Alian

The College of Central Florida has pleasants professores and numerous activities to do. It’s a big campus where you find yourself secure because of the tranquility it have. For me, it’s been a pleasure been able to be part of such a great college which is near to different kind of restaurants and shops. It’s even near to a mall! And not only that but the people there is always able to help you. Your advisor it’s always going to be on contact with you helping and giving you the best advice. It’s asome be part of this college.

Rosa de Saron

I just graduated from College of Central Florida this past spring semester and I think it was a good place to get my associate's degree. The college has lots of activities to participate in throughout each semester. The cafeteria food is good, especially if you buy the hot meals; I think the soup is tasty. Overall, I think CF is a good place to go to especially if the student is dedicated.

Lilliana

I actually do the online program through this school, which has been fairly frustrating. My advisor was constantly annoyed at me for being in the long distant learner program for needing him to input my classes (even though this was his job) and when I asked if he was having trouble with the other distance learners, he said most drop out of the program so he did not know. Most of my teachers were okay, but half of them this semester handled the switch after covid very poorly, which was confusing to me since it was an online program to being with. Solving problems is difficult and you will be transferred many times and hear office staff tell you that they are sorry and extremely busy, and then hear talking and laughing several minutes later.

Aviendha

I’m not really into the “social” aspect of college, so I don’t personally pay attention to sororities/fraternities, drinking, etc. I am majoring in their Equine Studies Business Management program, and most of my courses so far have been online. One major flaw I have had with my courses is that one professor either forgot or didn’t know to set the Canvas submission box to accept Microsoft Word docx files, not once but multiple times, and some of my projects were submitted “late” because of their mistake and I got lower grades than I really should have on them. I had to contact the distance learning center to fix the problem for me, the professor didn’t fix it after being made aware of the issue.

Leshell

When I tend to think about the College of Central Florida, I think about all the beneficial opportunities they have to offer to children just like me. With the help of the College of Central Florida, I have the opportunity to graduate at age 18 with my Associate Degree in Arts. The overall environment of the school is nonchalant while at the same time providing rigorous courses for those in need of challenging courses. I 100% recommended this a school of interest for people interested in both aspects of this college life.

Keirstyn

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at College of Central Florida. I have always had very polite and engaging professors, and I have never once had a miscommunication error that could not be resolved. I think the atmosphere is laid back, making it very suitable for any aspiring student.

Hailey

The College of Central Florida is a great school for people to get their Associates of Arts degrees and there are tons of options for the Associates of Science degrees and the certification classes. The professors are easily reachable and always hold office hours between classes. Students are nice and helpful when possible.

Eliza

It is a great transient school, but I would not obtain my four year there unless I definitely continued in Nursing. Their Nursing program is excellent. However, admissions are not. They hire/fire people like one uses toilet paper, and when enrolling, I had to make multiple trips to their office - simply because one didn’t know what was going on or because they failed to mention that I had certain required papers due in order to enroll. The positives, though, are many. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my classes. The professors are great; they are helpful and responsive, and (at least the ones I have had) they want you to succeed and do well. I also love the newly renovated library- it is my favorite study spot. I do wish, however, that someday a third floor could be built as a designated 100% quiet floor. The campus is relatively small and easily accessible. So I’m my opinion, once you get past the admissions process, it is pretty good.

Allie

I think it is a great place to start. Nice and small so you can get to know professors and students to make connections before moving onto a bigger university. The professors are friendly for the most part and care about your education. I wish they had intermural sports teams as I am sure many students including myself would love that.

The school is amazing!! I have only been there for one semester but everyone is amazing! The administration goes above and beyond to make sure you know exactly what is going on and how to set you up for success. The teachers do everything they can to make sure that you are learning and having fun while doing it. They are truly there to make sure you do your best.

Yolanda

Best College ever the professors work with you and they help you learn

Brooke

The College of Central Florida is convenient for those in the area but many people plan to finish their educations at different institutions because this college has a more restricted number of pathways available. However, the classes and atmosphere on campus are usually positive.

Fransheska

I do not recommend this school to students who are wanting to transfer to a bigger university. This is because a lot of the teachers do not seem to care about the students needs and the financial aid aspect is very stressful. I believe as a student we should not have to worry about being on top of our student aid after the first couple weeks of school, in which we make sure our classes are paid for. things like random holds will pop up during the semester which is stressful.

jeremiah

I think its a good school for me. It fits me im currently not a student there yet but im planning on it. Im sure its nice people its good service there and stuff but overall i think its a good college its rank 20 in the country for affordability its a good collge

Meredith

It is a great, small and local community college. They try to be very involved in the community. Some of the teachers are outstanding, while others fall short. CF offers great programs like dual enrollment that let high school students take college classes for free. I would encourage other people in my community to study here since it is close and affordable.