Glen Ellyn, IL
College of DuPage

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of DuPage

Going into college may mean less time spent in school, however it means a lot more outside work. In college, professorrs expect you to do many assignments without guidance. They also expect you to do most of the learning on your own. In college you will ultimately be in charge of your own learning. If you miss a school day or forget to do an assignment, then it is your job to make up the missed work and you may not get credit for missed work depending on the teacher. You will be fine as long as you follow the syllabi that the teachers give you and as long as you keep up on all assigned work.

College of DuPage is a good school because it allows students to get a quality education at an affordable cost.

One or two of the teachers that I have had have been unwilling to help students. I would suggest using rate my professor or getting reccomendations from other students before scheduling a class.

Kalah

I would tell myself that college is a completely different academic environment. You have to take responsibility for yourself and actually go out and seek help if you need it. No one is going to hold your hand through college. Also you have to make sure you completely understand the financial aspect and that you can afford the college of your choice. College is very competitive and you have to be willing to put in extra time and effort into studying for the grade you want. It's all about give and take. How much you put in will equal how much you get out of it. Lastly I would say that there has to be a balance between your social life and your academics. The main purpose is to get a degree so that test tomorrow takes priority over that party or whatever tonight.

High school graduates who are looking to transfer and want to save money. Adults who want to continue their education. People who want to do gen eds and haven't decided on a major yet.

The most frustrating thing is that some of the professors don't update grades all the time.

Katie

College of dupage is known for their affordable education along with their amazing academic standards. Students come and get their general educations out of the way and transfer to a 4 year university with no debt.

I think that the worst part about College of Dupage is the students that do not take class seriously. Although it is a community college, students need to take school seriously. They do not come to class, they come to class 30 minutes late, interrupt the class for no reason, and are very rude and disrupt everyone else who is trying to learn.

Tim

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would probably tell myself that it is ok to not have a fully formed plan. Life, no matter how much you try to change it, will move in its own way of its own accord because of so many factors that are out of your control, and that is ok. Accept that change and uncertainty are all part of, not just college, but life; isn't that what college is about, after all? One day you may think you are going to a university, and then the next you are backpacking across Europe alone and loving yourself all the more because of it. Stay positive, and even the wildest rides can be the most enjoyable!

The College of Dupage is a school that is great as a community college and financially sound transitionary school; it has great education and sets you up for moving to a four-year university.

I would say that the thing that I brag the most about to my friends would be the low tuition costs.

KAITLYN

Be outgoing! I grew up going to the same high school as almost all the kids I went to elementary school with. We all knew each other since age 5. Going to College is a whole new world; there are thousands of students who don't know each other. I was quiet all through high school; going to college was like a fresh start, a chance to not be an introvert. Sit beside someone you don’t know and stick out your hand and introduce yourself. Chances are, that person does not have someone to sit beside in that class and could use a study buddy in 4 months for exams, the same as you! It’s daunting to be the one outgoing, and to make those first introductions. But it is so worth it in the long run! Friends are your help in classes, they can assist you with studying and you can share notes and information. It will truly make you a more successful student!

In 100 words or less, I don't think I can accomplish this! The gorgeous campus; the kind of campus on a fall day that you can't help but enjoy and feel invigorated by. The flexibility, I started at COD in 2010, had 2 babies, then started again in 2014. I didn’t know about this type of flexibility before I started but I am so thankful that it was. I can do online courses and the counselors have hours in the evening. I can be a Mom and work towards getting my degree in Secondary Education!

Honestly, I did not consider too many other schools. When I first moved to the area, from Canada, it was the community college I lived closest too. I am so thankful it was. Even though I have since moved out of Dupage County I still go to COD because I like the guidance counselors, teachers and online courses so much! Why give up such a good thing?

I think it's a great fit for anyone who wants to save money or have a slow transition into their independent life

I don't think there are any stereotypes. I haven't been here long, so far i haven't seen any negative aspects

Production groups and sports are the most popular activities

students are very friendly and trusting, even if you don't know them. It's nice because they're there for the same reason you are... because they want to be there.

Adam

People kind of seem to stick with people from their old schools, but its not all that bad.

That the over all learning enviroment and facilities are top notch for a community college. Its almost like going to a 4 year college but with far less the cost.

First go to comunity college, then go to a 4 year college. Dont let anyone tell you that you should get an associate because it's a waste of time and money. Just go for a bachelors then a masters, if you want to be the best that you can be. Also don't be too concerned about making friends, just stay focused on getting the career you want, it will all pay off in the end.

Bridget

College of Dupage is one of the most accredited community colleges in the country. The university offers many different associate degrees, certificates, etc.

Overall I am very pleased with College of Dupage, however if I had to choose the worst thing it would be commuting. When you have the opportunity to live on campus I believe you are more immersed in campus life. Also, it is less taxing to go to classes when you dont have to make a 30 minute drive each day.

College of DuPage administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.