Glen Ellyn, IL
College of DuPage

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of DuPage

Jay

This is my first year at the college of DuPage. So far I have enjoyed it, and learn a lot from COD. COD provides for a great opportunity to learn while being affordable. The transfer programs are great and will allow me to pursue my bachelors and it helps me prepare for a rewarding career in the Criminal Justice field. The campus is nice, clean and organized. There are some students who aren't really that into learning, but they are in the minority and irrelevant. If you the student want to learn and are driven you will certainly gain from the knowledge of the Professors and be able to advance yourself in life. Overall COD is a great college for learning, and its focused on that. Education is of prime importance, and thus all other things take a second seat to that, which is something that I can respect. I look forward to graduation and am confidant in the skills that I am learning at COD. Good Luck to all the incoming students, best wishes.

Mallory

Back in high school as a senior, I didn't really have much motivation. With all the things that came with being a senior I remember feeling overloaded and I didn't want to work hard for anything except cheerleading. On top of school and cheerleading, I had a part-time job working at an icecream parlor, a job that I had since the eighth grade. I felt the pressure from everywhere to get into college and still do well in school. In the end I chose to take a year off of school after graduation to save up money, at least that was my excuse. My advise to my senior self would probably be to not take advantage of high school and work harder. If I had put more effort into scholarships and my grades I would've been able to afford college. I completely regret not going to college for the last year so thats why i'm so determined to get there this year.

Angel

A great community school to get your gen ed's out of the way.

A great community school to get your gen ed's out of the way.

Take as many AP test as you qualify for so that when you do start college you have a head start of everyone in your graduating class. I personally graduated early and I feel that was one of the best decisions I made in high school.

The affordability and proximaty to home.

College of DuPage is a good school because it allows students to get a quality education at an affordable cost.

Going into college may mean less time spent in school, however it means a lot more outside work. In college, professorrs expect you to do many assignments without guidance. They also expect you to do most of the learning on your own. In college you will ultimately be in charge of your own learning. If you miss a school day or forget to do an assignment, then it is your job to make up the missed work and you may not get credit for missed work depending on the teacher. You will be fine as long as you follow the syllabi that the teachers give you and as long as you keep up on all assigned work.

One or two of the teachers that I have had have been unwilling to help students. I would suggest using rate my professor or getting reccomendations from other students before scheduling a class.

Kalah

I would tell myself that college is a completely different academic environment. You have to take responsibility for yourself and actually go out and seek help if you need it. No one is going to hold your hand through college. Also you have to make sure you completely understand the financial aspect and that you can afford the college of your choice. College is very competitive and you have to be willing to put in extra time and effort into studying for the grade you want. It's all about give and take. How much you put in will equal how much you get out of it. Lastly I would say that there has to be a balance between your social life and your academics. The main purpose is to get a degree so that test tomorrow takes priority over that party or whatever tonight.

High school graduates who are looking to transfer and want to save money. Adults who want to continue their education. People who want to do gen eds and haven't decided on a major yet.

The most frustrating thing is that some of the professors don't update grades all the time.

Katie

College of dupage is known for their affordable education along with their amazing academic standards. Students come and get their general educations out of the way and transfer to a 4 year university with no debt.

I think that the worst part about College of Dupage is the students that do not take class seriously. Although it is a community college, students need to take school seriously. They do not come to class, they come to class 30 minutes late, interrupt the class for no reason, and are very rude and disrupt everyone else who is trying to learn.

Tim

The College of Dupage is a school that is great as a community college and financially sound transitionary school; it has great education and sets you up for moving to a four-year university.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would probably tell myself that it is ok to not have a fully formed plan. Life, no matter how much you try to change it, will move in its own way of its own accord because of so many factors that are out of your control, and that is ok. Accept that change and uncertainty are all part of, not just college, but life; isn't that what college is about, after all? One day you may think you are going to a university, and then the next you are backpacking across Europe alone and loving yourself all the more because of it. Stay positive, and even the wildest rides can be the most enjoyable!

I would say that the thing that I brag the most about to my friends would be the low tuition costs.

KAITLYN

Honestly, I did not consider too many other schools. When I first moved to the area, from Canada, it was the community college I lived closest too. I am so thankful it was. Even though I have since moved out of Dupage County I still go to COD because I like the guidance counselors, teachers and online courses so much! Why give up such a good thing?

Be outgoing! I grew up going to the same high school as almost all the kids I went to elementary school with. We all knew each other since age 5. Going to College is a whole new world; there are thousands of students who don't know each other. I was quiet all through high school; going to college was like a fresh start, a chance to not be an introvert. Sit beside someone you don’t know and stick out your hand and introduce yourself. Chances are, that person does not have someone to sit beside in that class and could use a study buddy in 4 months for exams, the same as you! It’s daunting to be the one outgoing, and to make those first introductions. But it is so worth it in the long run! Friends are your help in classes, they can assist you with studying and you can share notes and information. It will truly make you a more successful student!

In 100 words or less, I don't think I can accomplish this! The gorgeous campus; the kind of campus on a fall day that you can't help but enjoy and feel invigorated by. The flexibility, I started at COD in 2010, had 2 babies, then started again in 2014. I didn’t know about this type of flexibility before I started but I am so thankful that it was. I can do online courses and the counselors have hours in the evening. I can be a Mom and work towards getting my degree in Secondary Education!

College of DuPage administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.