Glen Ellyn, IL
College of DuPage

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of DuPage

I think it's a great fit for anyone who wants to save money or have a slow transition into their independent life

I don't think there are any stereotypes. I haven't been here long, so far i haven't seen any negative aspects

Production groups and sports are the most popular activities

students are very friendly and trusting, even if you don't know them. It's nice because they're there for the same reason you are... because they want to be there.

Adam

First go to comunity college, then go to a 4 year college. Dont let anyone tell you that you should get an associate because it's a waste of time and money. Just go for a bachelors then a masters, if you want to be the best that you can be. Also don't be too concerned about making friends, just stay focused on getting the career you want, it will all pay off in the end.

People kind of seem to stick with people from their old schools, but its not all that bad.

That the over all learning enviroment and facilities are top notch for a community college. Its almost like going to a 4 year college but with far less the cost.

Bridget

College of Dupage is one of the most accredited community colleges in the country. The university offers many different associate degrees, certificates, etc.

Overall I am very pleased with College of Dupage, however if I had to choose the worst thing it would be commuting. When you have the opportunity to live on campus I believe you are more immersed in campus life. Also, it is less taxing to go to classes when you dont have to make a 30 minute drive each day.

Jim

The very first thing I would tell myself is that comparing high school and college is night and day. Another advice I would give is to tell myself to cherish each day of my senior year. It is a bittersweet experience and the activities that come along with being a senior in high school are unforgettable. Being more open minded will definitely make the transition much smoother. If I came into college with a judgemental attitude, I would certainly feel like an outsider. Academically speaking, I would emphasize on reading the required material in a timely matter. Another thing I would mention is the pace of the classes. If one doesn't keep up with the reading and lectures, that will spell trouble. Furthermore, I would say that making decisions is crutial for success in college. When deciding whether or not to skip class or even a test, one should consider the outcome of what will happen. This could mean getting a zero and not being able to re-take the test. To sum things up, I would tell myself to go out and be involved. Making new friends and trying new things will make challenge yourself and become different.

Going into community college, I had the perception that it would be similar to what high school was, however it is not. Granted, there are some things that remind you of high school such as the small classroom size and teachers taking attendance, but the experience is much different. I would've told myself to go out and make the most of this opportunity. Also, I wish I had known that parking can be very chaotic. I learned that leaving several minutes before your class begins is very important.

I think everyone should attend College of DuPage. You are literally saving thousands of dollars by making this choice. The classes are essentially identical as the other universities and most courses are transferable. Another reason why I believe everyone should attend College of DuPage is because of the office hours. All of the teachers stress on the high amount of office hours that are available for extra help. This also shows how all of the teachers teach their classes and not any teacher aides. The diversity of the student body is excellent; I've met many different types of people.

Atayjia

The High School that I attended was unique because where I was located it was close to a military post so the school offered JROTC for students who planned on going into some type of military branch after they graduated. They offered alot of extra curricular activities from step, color gaurd, FTA , FBLA , FCCLA , ect. There were alot of activities for school students to get into. Wich made me happy because if it werent for those after school activities I would have never would have came out of my shell and made friends.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stay in the books and worry about my GPA and find my focus make a plan and stick to it, because if I had of made a plan I dont think I would still be trying to get into school but insted I would be in a university somewhere enjoying the college experiance insted of trying to get into a 2 year community college and then thinking about going to a university later on in life. I would tell my self to try as hard as i kan so we dont go down the same road of being homeless a few times and now relying on my mother to help me.

Andrew

I wish I had tried harder in high school and not slacked off as much as I had. I have come to realize that I am capable of doing much more than I thought I was able to. If I had know this, it might have made my life alot easier on myself by not having to worry about my GPA as I do now by trying to build it up. Yes I have been able to build it back up, but I sure didn't help myself in high school.

That it is a community college, I saved a bunch of money by not spending my first two years at a state university, and the wide selection of classes that they have to offer.

High school is one of the most important times of your life, it truely prepares you for college. Don't take it as a joke and dont take it lightly. NEVER stop strving for the A's. Friends can wait, school should come first. Never get discouraged, the hard work will pay off in the long run. Some of the best scholarships that will really help you get through college require the high GPA's. You will want to kick yourself in the butt if you miss out on such opportunities. The only one or only thing that holds you back from this all is you and yourself only. You may wish to blame it on events and people, but you're just deflecting the truth. Take this seriously, and you will be happier than ever imagined.

Corin

i would tell myself to really make sure that i stay on top of my work and get help from teachers if you need to. And also to register for classes as early as possible. it wil save you money and a lot of stress.

The best thing about College of Dupage is the class sizes. Because the are so small the teachers can really get to know each student and really help them with their individual problems or questions.

College of Dupage is best know for the quality education students recieve. Also the size of the classes are smaller so the teacher can really get to know each student and help them with there specific problems.

College of DuPage administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.