Glen Ellyn, IL
College of DuPage

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of DuPage

Mayra

Coveniente, easy to fit your own schedule whether your a single mom or single, affordable prices even with no financial help and access to a great library and teachers.

College of DuPage is the third-largest single-campus community college in the nation and the second-largest institution of higher education in Illinois with more the 90 certificate programs.

Take your time on researching colleges you want to attend and what thay have to offer. Begin filling out FAFSA early so you can plan out your financial situatation and what it will cost you to attend college. Make sure you also research your major if your already decided on one and if you havent and are still undecided. Start at a community college where you can take your general education classes till you decide on a mjor. Also make sure to apply to as many scholarships and grants possible, there is free tuition money everywhere. One more thing remember to apply to more than school, always have a backup plan just to be on the save side.

What is unique about College of DuPage is the quality of the education. I have many friends who started off at College of Dupage and have since gone on to a four year school and truly feel that the education they got from College of DuPage was much better than what they have at their current university. Although it is a Community College, College of DuPage truly holds its own.

There are many things I would say to the high school senior version of myself. Among them would be to listen to your parents more and sit back and enjoy things a little bit better. Even more than that I would tell myself not to worry too much about college life. College is important, but there are so many great people from the advisors, to the professors, to those who work in registration who are willing to help you get the most out of your college experience. Don't worry too much about knowing your major the moment you walk into those doors because in my case, a year into studying, you may realize that major won't be what will make you happy. Take a variety of classes so you can get a better understanding of what you may want and always feel free to ask questions of everyone. You don't need to have the answers to all of your life's questions the minute you walk into college, but you will learn many of them during your time at school. Take college seriously, but make sure you enjoy it as well.

In all honesty there isn't too much to complain about College of Dupage. They offer alot of academics and are really great with advising. The only problem I have ever faced is that although they have increased the number of buildings they have, they have never increased parking which makes it difficult for many students. You have to sometimes make sure you get to school forty-five minutes before class starts to get any parking space, even the last one on the lot. If you are coming from work this can be a major problem.

Sasha

I would say give junior college a shot, consider it as a viable alternative to a four-year school and a great transition into college life from high school. The junior college will challenge you to work just as hard, but you will also have the support of family and friends if you stay at home. Attendance is just as important as it is in a four-year university; if you are between grades, your attendance is critical. What you do in high school determines your placement in college- so do your best to advance to the highest level possible.

The only kind of person that should not attend any college is a person that does not want to work hard to achieve their goals and dreams.

The thing I brag about most that it has been a great transition school. The teachers are great and always willing to help. Also that it was surprisingly challenging. College of Dupage is one of the best community colleges in the United States.

Jonas

Too often we let our duties slip past our present focus. Girlfriends, sports, and hobbies will always reward us with satisfaction, whether it is deep love, or succesful outcome of a challenge. Yet time moves on duling our sharp sense of achievement, along with our memories, into slight grooves on our timelines. Some grooves however, are so strong, carved in the bone of our heads, writen on our foreheads, its the feeling of knowledge, the lack of confusion. It is the ultimite sharpening stone when a subject well known is brought before one self, leaving one feel like a sharp, solid knife. In school it is more important that anything to start with an over-achieving attitude, and maybe let it drop just a tiny bit, to put you right on the edge of excellence.

Quality of our teachers, throughout the past couple of weeks i have heard a couple negative remarks toward some of the teachers at College of Dupage, however majority of remarks made in total were good, aspiring me to believe in teachers and their passion in shareing and spreading their knowledge.

The lack of faculty. Registering for my classes i had a real struggle because most of the classes in the morning time through noon were full. There is only one cause of this shortage, which is evident. College of Dupage does not have sufficient amount of classes or sizes. Also the lines for registering took 3-4 hours that shouldnt be exeptable, maybe part time employment would fix this problem.

Margaret

A year ago you dropped out of high school, walked away from formal education and your own academic potential, and for thirty more years you will not return. And then one far-away day, when you are forty-eight years old, you will experience surprising second-growth. You?ll seek and earn your GED and then walk the halls of your community college, willingly digging into anatomy, English, and anthropology text books, eagerly delving for new knowledge. You will feel secure, supported by advocates, overarching and protective, who believe in you. Safe in their midst you will evolve, at home in your new found forest of learning. You will be a straight-A student confidently facing your studies, reaching upward from within, basking in new experiences and surprising self-development. But for now I'm a forgotten acorn in your pocket, a small, waiting seed of your own courage and potential; I am your future self, dormant but alive and waiting. One far-off day you will reach and find me, realizing I have been here with you all along, just waiting to grow. On that day I will take root and become you, believing in you, in full bloom.

Once a high school dropout, now I am an honors student at the College of DuPage. For thirty years I avoided returning to school, staying safely away from that impenetrable-seeming jungle of intellectual self-challenge, fearful of what I might not find. But finally I found my courage, took the GED, and signed up for a few classes; and what a revelation I encountered! COD is a garden of shared knowledge, abounding with energy. This school is rich and fertile soil, and anyone who plants themselves here with intent to learn will blossom with their own academic second growth.

There is no particular "kind" of person who should not attend the College of DuPage; this is truly a school for everyone! From young adults through senior citizens; certificate, associate degree, and transfer seeking students; anyone desiring new knowledge will find it here, across a spectrum of studies for a broad variety of applications. Individuals who are hesitant about attending college classes or unsure about their readiness can still find guidance at COD. College advisers and staff provide support, encouragement, and all of the answers needed to help each and every kind of person find their own unique educational success!

My classmates are understanding and sympathetic because we are all in the same situation, wanting to eventually find our careers and start our lives.

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would remind myself to stay focused. It is very easy to get side tracked in the hustle and bustle of graduation and summer and the excitement of going away to college. As a high school senior I was still very confused at what I wanted and I realize now that that is ok. I chose to stay home for two years because i was unsure of what I wanted to do and my financial situattion did not extend to a university. I would tell myself not to worry. You can't know exactly what you want to do until you take some classes and see what it is like and if you enjoy the field you originally chose. It is ok to be confused, that is what general education classes are for. I would tell myself that staying home is the best choice and not to down grade it, I ended up much better off. Now I can proudly say Northern Illinois University here I come!

The best thing about my school is the amount of diversity it offers. There are plenty of stimulated general education classes for those, like myself, who are going to transfer out. On the other hand there are awesome classes for those who are looking to complete a degree in a certain area. Providing so many choices helps to provide students with plenty of oppurtunites for them to explore and figure out what they want to do in life.

Raleigh

First, I would acknowledge myself for being strong and making it thus far considering the statistics of individuals finishing school in the first place. I would tell myself to keep on my toes about education because it is very important to maintain the highest gpa one can achieve. It makes things so much easier if you?re going attempt to earn grants and scholarships and enter organizations that will help you down the road in life or if you want to go to graduate school. Your school records seem to really follow you in life when I comes to a lot of things. I would also tell myself to become a social sponge and soak up the various cultures that surround the campus and areas around the campus. Having an understanding people of different cultures will really help once you?re out in the real world. Just be an honest and open person while doing your absolute best in college will provide good grades, a great college experience, and a good foundation to build a great successful life off of.

Erica

The school in currently under constuction so I would say it is very busy.

The school in currently under constuction so I would say it is very busy.

I am a new students so I have not met my classmates.

I would be incline to say that the decision you make as a high school senior will ultimately have major cause and effect as a college student. To use everyday to prepare for the next day. As a college student and throughout life with something new be prepared to ask questions. If you do not understand ask questions until you understand. Remember with scholarships and grants the early bird gets the worm. The one of the most important things that you can take away from transition is deadlines. In college and the transition remember to be independent and self sufficent. Always keep in mind to take advantage of all resources that you have access to and help is always just a phone call away. The best advice that I would give is to prepare for change and embrace new things with a open mind. Your college experience is only as good as you make it.

I would tell myself that things are going to be okay. I would tell myself that not having any money to pay for college will not hold you back. Not knowing what you want to do right now will not ruin your life. You will be okay. You will do well. I would tell myself to try harder in school because the teachers, the kids, the parents might not be worth it, but you are. Rebeling in high school might seem like a good idea right now, but in the long run it won't do anything for you. I would tell myself to try and be the best I can be. Even though you're parents are divorced, and you feel along and helpless, you're not. There are people out there that believe in you and know that you can succeed. I would tell myslelf to believe in yourself and stop being so angry. You can't keep blaming your mom and dad for all your problems. You need to start planning ahead for the future. The only way you can pay for college is to get scholarship so get to studying!

Kristina

A significant number of my fellow classmates all have one or two qualities in common. One, they live at home which provides them with the quality of determination in order to do well in their classes. This leads to the second quality, and that is most of my classmates will eventually transfer to a four year institution. This establishes the fact that most of my classmates, are interested in discovering and continuing their education at the most effective institution for their major/career.

I would tell myself to look into every scholarship out there, because even though they take time and sometimes the amount is not great every scholarship counts. I did not learn that until after I got into five schools with no way of affording them without going into a deep hole of dept! Yes, College of Dupage is a great choice to save money, and I do not regret my decision in attending the institution as a freshman, but if I want to experience the college lifestyle I need to apply for every scholarship available.

One of the best qualities about my college is that it is extremely cost effective especially if a student wants to obtain their Associates Degree. Then afterwards they can move on to a four year insitution to recieve their degree in their major of choice. In the end, by going to my college a student will save a great deal of money.

College of DuPage administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.