College of DuPage Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of DuPage

College of Dupage is a marvelous school for academics. I initially started at a university however the cost to attend was too much for me therefore I went to College of Dupage. I am learning the same curriculum I would be at a university plus I am getting tons of support from everyone around me. I would highly recommend for anyone that wants to pursue their education to join COD. Professors are educated on their professions are here to help and pass on their knowledge. No one would feel left out on this campus due to the idea of unity and intellectual support. The cost is fair and easy to equip as well therefore it does not cause any more stress on a student.

Anette

I transferred into and out of this college and I have to say while some people really try to help you it is a struggle to transfer and their rates can speak of it. I am a quite determined person and was misguided several times costing me money and time by councilor services. Some of the teachers are the most amazing people on the planet always willing to go out of their way to help you, while others will do everything but. If you go here or are planning to go here all I have to say is cover your bases, you are in this race yourself. The work that one has to put in to have the possibility to transfer is immense, especially if it isn't a school or major College of DuPage isn't directly partnered with. The school can help and has sympathetic people but the students aren't sociable and the moral is quite low. It is an in-between. My recommendation for the school is to put more focus in helping it's students transfer, I had to go above and beyond to get the opportunity and I would say I am a quite accelerated student. The school has a load of potential currently being wasted on just poor communication and research.

Catherine

College is affordable compared to other schools. This is my first year in college-doing remote learning. My teachers haven't been responding to my emails quickly. I appreciate how the staff has been helpful regarding financial aid and other questions we have about the school and the opportunities there.

Jay

This is my first year at the college of DuPage. So far I have enjoyed it, and learn a lot from COD. COD provides for a great opportunity to learn while being affordable. The transfer programs are great and will allow me to pursue my bachelors and it helps me prepare for a rewarding career in the Criminal Justice field. The campus is nice, clean and organized. There are some students who aren't really that into learning, but they are in the minority and irrelevant. If you the student want to learn and are driven you will certainly gain from the knowledge of the Professors and be able to advance yourself in life. Overall COD is a great college for learning, and its focused on that. Education is of prime importance, and thus all other things take a second seat to that, which is something that I can respect. I look forward to graduation and am confidant in the skills that I am learning at COD. Good Luck to all the incoming students, best wishes.

College of DuPage is a great community college to get started on your path towards the degree of your dreams. I was fortunate enough to meet so many smart, creative individuals through completing my game animation & design associates. I still talk and work with some of my old classmates to this day and know I can still reach out to any of my gaming/animation professors and they would be glad to help in any way they could. I know some people get discouraged having to stay at home another few years and complete community college, mainly due to financial reasons, but I am so pleased with my time there and grateful for the affordable classes they offered to help me learn, grow and save up to continue on my path of earning my game design bachelors.

Kamaria

College of Dupage is getting an overall score of four out of five stars because the price of the college is something that no other school can beat. The education there is okay, I was lucky enough to have professors that did not have strict requirements. The only requirements were apart of the curriculum, so they allowed the students enough freedom to pursue the work however they needed to. There was not any on or off campus housing because it was a community college, so that is why they received one star for those. This school did not have my major, which is why I went to this school for a year. Overall, if the school has your major, I would recommend going to this school especially if you live in the area because it is easily accessible and not too expensive.

Catherine

College of DuPage has been a perfect start to my college career. I chose to go to this school because I am paying for school on my own. Taking my first two years at a community college was a great decision. The class sizes are small and there is a major focus on education. You can get all your general credits done and move on to further your education with a solid foundation.

Reniell

Very good school if you are trying to save some money before you transfer out to a university. Most credits are transferable to other universities. I found that a lot of professors used to teach or are currently teaching at a bigger university. The best class i took at a COD was Organic Chemistry, as the professor was very interesting and helpful.

Andre

College of DuPage is a pretty good school. They recently fixed it up and it is a really nice campus. I do wish there was more chance to be involved with and in school. I did have trouble meeting with professors for help due to them not having for open office hours. It may also be that my classes always were in the way but how would I be able to see them. There could be more chances for extra-curricular activities but they have not shown much interest in pushing that forward.

Amber

College of DuPage is a great community college to attend. It's affordable and you meet some great people who are trying to pursue the exact same dream as you. The professors I've had are beyond amazing and extremely helpful. They not only care for their students but make sure you understand what they are teaching.

Kassandra

For the price of the school, I feel it offers a decent education. This is ideal if you plan on taking two years here then continuing on to a four year school. The facilities are ample and clean. The professors are thorough in their explanations of material and always offer office hours outside of class. There is a learning center that provides tutoring every day of the week as well.

Niko

Class sizes are perfect to engage with your professor and other students. Campus looks like a university with every class you can imagine. Great sports programs well as intermural sports . State of the art facilities and classrooms. I will finish my 1st year in May.

Hailey

great campus, most of the time very clean and easy to get around. depending on time of class, parking can be a real hassle. Make sure to read rate my professor before signing up for a class, because there is a very wide variety of teaching abilities in the faculty here. Some have more experience than others.

Aswina

It is a great school, there are tons of amazing resources. The professors always try their best to make themselves available and make time to help the students. The library is fully equipped with everything a college student could need, and if it's not in the library, then the school will ship it in from elsewhere. I really recommend this College to others.

Robert

College of Dupage is a fantastic college to attend straight out of high school to make a smooth transition into the college lifestyle. College of DuPage offers a high school like class setting while providing a full college course load. It is truly the best college to attend straight out of high school, especially for those who do not have a major in mind.

Ryan

The College of DuPage is a great college for people looking to start small or stay close to home. Right outside of Chicago and a plethora of classes to choose from. They have great partnerships with four year universities that minimizes the cost of getting a degree. It is, if not the largest, one of the largest community colleges in the United States. They have a very friendly Police Department and many caring faculty. My main complaint is parking. They have a total of 14 parking lots, varying in size, and you still can’t find parking without having to walk 15 minutes to get to your class around ten in the morning. They also offer student worker programs and work 100% with you around you availability to help make your work schedule what you need and also make sure that you don’t overwork yourself. Great professors too! Many professors have low availability because most of the faculty are part time and don’t have offices and usually work at several colleges.

Jack

College of Dupage is an amazing school, I think a lot of people don't want to go because its to close or because its a community college. As a community college it is arguably one of the best in the country. Great teachers amazing brand new facilities, and we have sports teams. In a way if feels like high school smaller classes and a diverse group of amazing students. I would always recommend this school to anyone who was thinking about continuing their education.

Whether or not you know your long term plan for college and finding a career, College of DuPage is full of great resources that may not be as readily available in bigger schools. The size makes accessing professors and other information much easier at a much more affordable price.

Lindsey

I think that this is a really great school to attend to get your associates or a certificate. Whether you are taking classes on campus or online classes you will have good professors and learn what you need too. Classes are mostly affordable and the campus is beautiful. Everyone is so helpful!

Austin

It is a well rounded school with many opportunities and many great teachers that care about their students education. The facilities that they offer are well kept and have a variety of opportunities for students who seek more than just what they do in class. Overall a great school.

Maria

Overall I really enjoy the atmosphere of the campus. The school is nearly brand new and super clean. I really have only had to complain about one teacher from the math department. Overall the staff has been great, they are super helpful. The student resource center is super helpful with almost anything. There's always a comfy seat to sit in while waiting for my next class and the library is a nice place to sit in. There's vending machines everywhere if you need a snack. In all honesty this school surpassed all my expectations.

College of DuPage is just like any other community college most students attend and go home right after. The same went for me, my freshman year I would show up for class and just leave but I realized that it was boring and I needed something better for myself. College of DuPage has many resources for all the students. Some of these resources include learning commons tutoring, chap life- for all orgs and clubs. I took advantage of this opportunity and thrived my second year and I am very happy I attended COD.

Dasha

I think its a great community college to start off if you're trying to save money and if you are not quite sure what you want to major in. Especially if you're from the area, this is an awesome school that offers a lot of interesting classes and is extremely affordable for those who are struggling financially.

Marla

Overall I think the College of DuPage is a great school for those who are looking to save money. I just finished my first semester and I felt that I got a great education for what I paid. All the professors have at least a masters and the class size are pretty small which is nice for class discussions. They are also super easy to contact and are very friendly. For payment I got a scholar ship from the college so my books actually cost more than my tuition this semester. My only complaint is that you don't get the "social" college experience like living on campus or the Greek life because there aren't any. There also aren't a whole lot of clubs to choose from, so I'm not involved with the campus yet.

jasmine

It's alright, I've been to the campus and am an online student, but every chance I've visited it seems like people are going just to get credits and transfer out. The classes are small and the professors are helpful, but in online classes it's difficult because there often aren't grades put in and its frustrating.

Grace

I have attended 2 different schools before this and this is by far my favorite. The campus is amazing and there is everything you need there. The faculty is super caring and willing to help whenever you may need to make sure you get the help you need to succeed. The campus is a perfect size and classes aren't too big or too small.

Sasha

I think COD is a great community college. I really enjoyed my time here and it felt like such a great learning environment. Teachers are great and good at what they do. There are activities that you can join to involved​ in school. There are sports available as well if that's something that you're into.

Farha

I would highly recommend to get pre-reqs out of the way here! It’s a great school! Teachers are very helpful and class sizes are perfect where we can have great productive conversations. The school is built like a university especially from the outside!

Jake

It's a great school with lots of diversity and culture. The atmosphere in the classroom is lively! Teachers are always available and seem to care greatly. Class sizes are smaller, which makes it easier to get face to face help with you teacher. All in all it Is a great school!

Daniel

It's a good school. It provides opportunities to those who want to strive. The people there are friendly overall and the teachers are helpful, with a few exceptions. If you're not looking for trouble, you won't find it at this school. My one complaint is the parking lot. More needs to be done in terms of student parking.

Kaeleigh

I started as a freshman at College of Dupage this year, and so far it has been great. I take mostly online classes due to my busy schedule and have found the professors to be very helpful.

Nisa

I think this is a good school for people with short term goals, and affordable opportunities. DuPage is a really welcoming and relaxing college for starting a student journey through the whole college experience. It's a perfect way to experience college at a slower pace, but it gives you the exposure you deserve and credits. All are so sweet, kind and eager to support in every way possible. The university has a number of majors and programs that are not offered at most

Joshua

Students are not friendly at all. Many teachers can't even speak English and they are TERRIBLE at explaining any topic at all. Most teachers are nice people, just terrible teachers. CoD also does not help financially AT ALL. I got a 32 ACT and 4.14 GPA in high school and revived ZERO scholarships. I had to pay full price and honestly barely saved any money compared to a 4-year university. I had to transfer out after 1 year because I was so miserable. (I also posted this same review to NICHE because I dislike this school so much)

Nelly

Very rushed school where everyone is in a rush to finish their gen eds and leave for a "real school." There is no sense of pride coming from the students and staff. We are all aware it is just a halfway house for the real college experience. The counseling offered to students is a joke. There wait to meet with someone is weeks and the financial does not want to help you at all.

Cassandra

Overall, the College of DuPage is a great place to knock out some credits in for a low cost before attending another university, however, three out of the four classes have been easier than almost every single class I have taken since the sixth grade. The administration and website system make things very difficult to register for and deal with.

Jenna

It's a good start to your college career, if you want to save money and aren't ready to leave home yet. People don't talk to each other though, everyone has the same mindset that this is only temporary. Be prepared to feel lonely. But, the academics can be rigorous.

Jasmine

I feel like the college is alright. Professors aren't very accessible and don't really teach material all that well. Counselors never know what they are talking about, and have had me take multiple classes that they later realized I didn't need, even though I already paid for the class.

Darcy

The College of Du Page is a decent school. The price you're going to pay is not even comparable to other places and universities. However, they change requirements consistently, causing their students to have to pay more money and take more classes than needed. The campus is nice, but can often feel overwhelming with the amount of students crammed into one area. Parking remains to be a nightmare. The classes are decent, but the teachers are very hit or miss.

Mantas

Great school, many majors to choose from and very great campuses. The teachers at college of dupage are also very exceptional, they will help you out of class pretty much whenever you'd like. There are also a lot of classes to choose from, and almost every class has a night class option.

Alexandria

It was a great decision to choose College of DuPage when starting my college career. They have greatly helped in having accessible resources for study and tutors. Along with tutors and studies they have clubs for everyone and inviting sports teams and gatherings. I still have a couple younger friends that are in high school and I have been pushing them to come to College of DuPage. Not only is it a great environment it saves money.

Peyton

College of DuPage is a great school if you aren't looking for the "college experience." While the people here are friendly, it isn't anything like living at a university. We have amazing professors and the buildings are awesome and updated. As a student that cares more about my education than partying and socializing all day, this is the perfect school for me.

I would recommend my school for anyone who wants to live at their own pace. The teachers that have lead me down my career path have been caring and encouraging. I am very blessed that it is near my home town and allows me to work while getting an education.

Mogueli

College of DuPage is very interesting, It's a "budget" college, but a good one. It's pretty affordable and has a nice atmosphere. One downside to College of DuPage is the lack of housing. Don't expect to live in the college. Also, the lake or river nearby (it's been forever forgive me) smells when the fountain sprays, but the smell isn't that bad every so often.

It is a community college of over 40,000 students, but it never seems that big. I always turn the corner and see someone I know mainly because there are so many opportunities for extracurricular opportunities including ones that have paid officer positions. The teachers are friendly and passionate about their students learning. I felt challenged in all of my classes without feeling like the teacher was being unreasonably difficult (except one world religions class). People think community college students always slack off and that the faculty doesn't care. Students may slack off, but the teachers hold them accountable and try their hardest to better their students and aid them in any way they can. I will be so sad when I leave this place.

College of DuPage is a good school academically. Since it is a community college, it can sometimes be hard to get together with other students outside of class and teachers. The teachers are always willing to work with you though and try to do there best and help you out.

Heather

College of DuPage was wonderful for my associates. Small class sizes, never a huge lecture hall allowed discussions to flourish. Professors are readily available and often experienced in the field that they are teaching. You will certainly get what you put in. If you are there to learn you will have a great experience. There are also great options for online courses for those who need a more flexible schedule.

Sharon

College of Dupage is a great community colleges. Even before I had started school I had heard so many great things about it. Especially about the professors, there are so many professors that not only have worked here, but also have taught at schools like Northwestern and Loyola. The great thing is that we are paying less and getting the exact same curriculum. Another great thing is that the classroom size is small and you get to really interact with your professor and get to know them on a personal level. If you want extra help the professor here are more than willing to give you that extra boost! They really just want to see there student succeed!

Imani

It is a big community college, but the class sizes are nice for when you want to interact with the professors individually. The campus is very spacious and has a welcoming aroma. It is a great school to start if you aren't ready to go to a 4 year yet, or if you aren't entirely sure of your future.

Alexis

I think that College of DuPage is a great school itself, however I feel that it would be suited much better as a 4 year university. Reason being, the student life is only fair and most students stick to their high school clique. I think if COD were a 4 year university, the students would be more united as a whole and there would be an increase in student participation in sports/clubs, resulting in an overall increase in student life all together.

Great community college, the atmosphere is great. Teachers are very helpful. Great school to learn at. I've learned a lot from College of Dupage. The teachers really helped students. If you didn't understand well the teachers will help you and teach you a better way if understanding. For a community college this was my best choice to make.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!