College of Lake County

« See more reviews of College of Lake County

I wish I had taken the Math Proficiency test before my first semester rather than waiting until second semester freshman year. I wish I had asked more students about what classes to take or not take, or which teachers were good. I wish that I had known that the professors are here to help you when you're struggling. And I wish I had known that the College of Lake County is a commuter school; therefore, you need to make an auxiliary effort to make friends and acquaintances.

The cost of college textbooks. In terms of community colleges, I wish I had known that it was a larger school compared to the university that I want to transfer to. I also wish that I knew where all the rooms were ahead of time so I wouldn't have gotten lost on the first day of school. I also wish I had known it was a two-year community college, not a four-year community college.

I wish I knew that it had the social programs it had. Until my second year, I had trouble expanding into the student body. I didn't know much about the choir I joined later there either.

Nothing really surprsied me at the college of lake county. I really enjoy coming to school everyday. I love how its so diverse and how the professors are vey helpful.