Chicopee, MA
College of Our Lady of the Elms

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Our Lady of the Elms

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Janis

Elms College really stands behind their mission and the sisters of Saint Joseph's amado, "uniting neighbor with neighbor, and neighbor with God". With small class sizes and welcoming staff you always feel part of the Blazer family. I wouldn't have wanted to spend my last four years at another college!.

Katie

Elms College is truly great, the campus is so respectful and diverse. It's a great community and everyone is so nice. The teachers and professors truly care for everyone's well being. There is always fun and cheap activities going on. Teachers and other staff are always available if needed and I always feel safe here.

Marissa

I am impressed with the professional staff and faculty at the Elms. I am an off-site student that attends a satelite program at the Holyoke community college health services building. I have used the facilities such as the tutoring center, library online, and attended a meeting about the construction of the new chapel. The faculty has always been warm and inviting. The tutoring center was extremely helpful in helping me pass my statistics class, and my tutor was available for extra sessions group or private.

Angela

Elms college is a safe environment filled with quality people. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. This college has a very good reputation, caring professors, and has friendly students.

Alissa

The school is great and the atmosphere is wonderful. You will meet a lot of great people although it is a small campus. You have the opportunity to get to know your professors and advisors. The dining hall food isn't the best, but hey that's college food for you. The dorm rooms are a perfect size, if you live in Rose Williams; the dorms are all the same size and come with a desk with a desk shelf, a bed which is able to change the height, a 3 drawer dresser which is deeper than others and a moveable closet. Rose Williams is usually for freshman. If you live in O'Leary; every room is different. The majority of the residents who live in this hall is upperclassmen. Since each room is different; they all come with a bed which is able to move in height and a desk and 3 drawer dresser. The dresser drawers are a little smaller than the ones in Rose Williams. The desk doesn't have a shelf on it but does have a few drawers just like the ones in Rose Williams. Depending on the room, you may have a walk in closet or a moveable closet like Rose Williams. The last dorm hall is Divine, which is an all girls dorm. Each room is the same in size but slightly larger than the rooms in Rose Williams. They have built in closets and come with a bed, desk and dresser just like the other two dorms. All three dorms have shared bathrooms on each floor and a room for an RA. There are no elevators in the dorms, just staircases. Rose Williams is 3 floors and has a small kitchen on each floor. O'Leary is 4 floors and has a kitchen in the basement and a fridge and microwave on each floor. Divine has a kitchen in the basement. In all three dorm halls you CANNOT have a microwave of your own or a tall fridge; it must meet the college requirements. You also CANNOT have a toaster or such products similar. You CAN have a Keurig, Christmas lights, tapestry, smaller fridge, book shelves, futon, bungey chairs, printer, etc. The gym is smaller but is usually never that crowded since every one has a different schedule or time they normally go. There's a turf field and softball field on campus and baseball field off campus. Parking is free to all residents and commuters, we just have specific parking lots. There is a track above the basketball and volley ball court and a swimming pool located next to the gym. We have open swim hours too. All classrooms are open to use as long as there isn't a class in it at that time and we also have the library which has great hours. The library is 4 floors, the basement having the theatre and computer lab, the first floor with computers and printers and group areas to work, the second floor with classrooms and it is a little less quieter with couches and desks and the third floor completely quiet with desks and classrooms to work in. The ARC, which is the tutor area is located on the second floor of the library and you can make appointments online or in person to be tutored. The dining hall is located in the same building as a few of our classrooms, the art gallery, the school store, and the mailroom. Each resident gets their own mail box when they arrive. There are many different activities throughout the year and are always posted on the bulletin boards every where on campus or emailed to your school email.

Jessalyn

Elms College is a small family consisting of people who all work together to acheive their goals.

The school I attend is very small so I feel that we are a community. The teachers are very helpful and I feel comfortable asking them questions in class. Other schools are very large and everyone is just a number. But at my school, the teachers know us by name and they are always there to help us if needed.

The advice I would give myself would be to take harder classes. When I was a senior I slacked off a little bit instead of challenging myself. When I started college, I was not used to the work load. I feel that If I took advanced placement or honor classes I would be more used to the amount of work that I have to do this year. College is a big transition and I was serious about it in high school but I think I could've done more to prepare myself.

Shasta

Growing up in the Berkshires has been a unique experience. The members of my family were all born and raised in the area, and they have always been stuck in the small town circle of life. Most did not finish high school, and learned laborer skills which only took them so far. It is great watching them succeed, but I wonder about what their real potential would be if they had moved away and continued their education. Around here a lot of people do not find it possible to expand their horizons and get away from this town. As a high school senior, I made the decision to finish school, but for some reason chose to attend the local community college. Looking back, I wish I had been given the advice to expand my options and look into the other opportunities I could have taken. Although I am happy in the choice I made, there is always a chance I could have been more successful getting away from everything I know and start over with a clean slate.

Although the choice to attend Elms College is much more affordable than any of my other options, I still have to come up with tuition on my own to achieve my goal to become a social worker. Unfortunately I do not have the help of family or a benefactor to support my schooling, and my minimum wage retail position just barely funds the roof over my head. It is extremely important these days to continue your learning past high school to qualify for more than an entry level position. That is why I am asking for help anywhere I can

The reason I am applying to the Elms in the Berkshires program is because it is the most cost efficient way for me to obtain my bachelor's degree in social work. Having the program at Lee Middle and High School is extremely convenient because I only live a half a mile away from the school. Most days I would be able to walk to and from my classes rather than drive. Also having the classes only on Fridays and Saturdays, gives me the availability to work as a full-time employee.

Kristen

Small classrooms Promote civic engagement Most credits transfer

Small classrooms Promote civic engagement Most credits transfer

Kristen, do not rush into anything. Take time to learn who you are during your college education. Get involved in campus life right away. Stay focused. Meet new people. Fall in love. Fall out of love. Fall in love. Fall out of love. Remember you are human. You are beautiful. You can be anything. Do not concern yourself with things you cannot control. Take risks. Ask questions. Create. Imagine. Inspire. Make something wonderful. You can be everything. Try your hardest everyday and be thankful for everyday and every experience you have. It is ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. Remember all your hardwork will pay off in the end.

Kristen

The college of Our Lady of the Elms is and wonderful, small, closely knit private Catholic college set on beautiful grounds. It's close to the center of Chicopee and Springfield, MA as well as other quaint towns including Northampton, South Hadley and Amherst. One must be willing to put forth committment to their studies and great rewards will come. Research opportunites, internships, international opportunities and graduate education are all possible at the Elms. If your looking for a smaller college that aids in easier communication, more individualized attention and a family atmosphere - Elms is your College.

Being a student at Elms College allowed me to participate more readily than in a larger college due to the smaller class sizes. Even elective courses had a maximum of maybe twenty-five people unlike the standard college having eighty to one hundred students. Much less intimidating. Core courses where even smaller and the ability to partipate in laboratory experiments felt more involved and invidualized. It was also very easy to get know fellow students and become friendly and be each others "study buddies."

Tavish

The advice I would give myself is not to be shy. To go out there and meet new people and get involved sooner. I would want to make my own choices and not follow the crowd, especially if there is a party and people are begging me to go and I don't want to. I want to be able to put my foot down and express how I feel, to have my friends respect me. Continue to get help when ever possible in my subjects instead of trying to do it myself. Realize that people are helpful when you just ask for it. That's the advice I would give myself.

What I brag about the most is the relationships that I have made on the soccer team. How they pull you in so you feel apart of the team. I have many friends now and was really sad when some graduated this year.. I never imagined that I would meet some really great people here.

My school is best known for it's relationships between students, teachers, and coaches. They keep an eye on you as far as your grades and are interested in your future. Sucess is what the professors are looking for and they will help you get there as long as your willing to do so.

College of Our Lady of the Elms administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.