Chicopee, MA
College of Our Lady of the Elms

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Our Lady of the Elms

Kristen

Being a student at Elms College allowed me to participate more readily than in a larger college due to the smaller class sizes. Even elective courses had a maximum of maybe twenty-five people unlike the standard college having eighty to one hundred students. Much less intimidating. Core courses where even smaller and the ability to partipate in laboratory experiments felt more involved and invidualized. It was also very easy to get know fellow students and become friendly and be each others "study buddies."

The college of Our Lady of the Elms is and wonderful, small, closely knit private Catholic college set on beautiful grounds. It's close to the center of Chicopee and Springfield, MA as well as other quaint towns including Northampton, South Hadley and Amherst. One must be willing to put forth committment to their studies and great rewards will come. Research opportunites, internships, international opportunities and graduate education are all possible at the Elms. If your looking for a smaller college that aids in easier communication, more individualized attention and a family atmosphere - Elms is your College.

Tavish

My school is best known for it's relationships between students, teachers, and coaches. They keep an eye on you as far as your grades and are interested in your future. Sucess is what the professors are looking for and they will help you get there as long as your willing to do so.

The advice I would give myself is not to be shy. To go out there and meet new people and get involved sooner. I would want to make my own choices and not follow the crowd, especially if there is a party and people are begging me to go and I don't want to. I want to be able to put my foot down and express how I feel, to have my friends respect me. Continue to get help when ever possible in my subjects instead of trying to do it myself. Realize that people are helpful when you just ask for it. That's the advice I would give myself.

What I brag about the most is the relationships that I have made on the soccer team. How they pull you in so you feel apart of the team. I have many friends now and was really sad when some graduated this year.. I never imagined that I would meet some really great people here.

Tamisha

Elms College is a great college for athletic people and nurses and a prison cell for anyone else.

I am only in my first week of college so there is not much I can say. So far I have gathered that my school is great, just not for me.

The most frustrating thing about my school is I feel like I'm a random puzzle piece trying to force myself onto another incomplete puzzle. My school lacks creativity, inspiration, and sincerity.

Brian

I have gotten a few things out of my college experience. The first thing is intellectual growth. The way I carry myself and my vocabulary has played a big part in the way people see me. Also my naturity level was impacted because of school. The more I learn the more I can appreciate things such as the arts and also sciences. School has also helped me in my relationships. School has helped me understand my limitations and to appreciate my surroundings. I am more open to suggestions and I step back and think before I make decissions to make sure I have all the information, because of school I take nothing for granted.

Sandra

I have learned that I am more capable of pushing myself to complete my education and better myself than anyone else has ever led me to believe. I know with the ability to attain a degree I can not only provide a better life for myself, but as well as for my family. I have found the learning experiences very eye opening, and am surprised at all of the knowledge that is out there just waiting for me.

My college experience has been both valuable and enriching. Attending Elms College has helped me personally, professionally, and spiritually to further my goals. Since I am the first person in my family to attend college, I am honored to have this opportunity to attend a prestigious nursing program at Elms College. College is preparing me for a profession that will enable me to help others and give back to my community. I thoroughly enjoy every moment at college, learning new techniques for both the healthcare field and the enrichment of my spiritual life. Elms? nursing program is widely reputed to be extremely thorough and one of the best in the area. Attending this prestigious of a program has allowed me to be challenged as a student to thoroughly learn every skill I will need for my career. Spiritually college has furthered me as well, as Elms requires a religion course in any major. In attending my religion course I have improved my faith to become a better nurse. In conclusion, I believe college has helped me to enrich myself not only professionally but spiritually and personally as well. I believe these are the most valuable qualities in life.

The type of people who should attend Elms should want to better their lives academically as well as spiritually. Elms is a small community so if one does not enjoy a small community atmosphere they should not attend Elms. Elms is challenging in a spritual aspect and in furthuring your education.

The most frustrating thing about Elms College is the lack of proper use of funds. They do not give proper funding to the Music department or to the IT department, which results in frequent server issues and lack of internet, e-mail, or other online student services.

Matt

How easy to get along with they can be, no one will really give you much trouble in a classroom.

Apply to more than four schools. Give yourself more options, maybe something will open to you. If you still end up at The Elms, pace yourself. Plan head for your whole college career, don't try to take everything at once.

My professors, for sure. The professors in the CIT department are not only incredibly knowledgable about the field, but they're great people as well.

Dariana

Becoming independent, and learn how to advocate for yourself is key. My mother was always there solving my problems, I appreciated her at the time, but in college I' ve struggles, when a situation comes up, and i don't know how to deal with it. I would also study harder and pay more attention in class, specially in my English class, there's a lots of essay writing. Also time managment has been one of my challenges. Being on the swim team has been hard for me trying to fit the practices, with the classwork. I have learn to manage in my almost three years, but looking back into my high school years, I could have defenitely benefit from a time management course. Another thing I would do different is taking more college prep courses, because it would have made the transition a lot smoother.

Those people who are not committed to learn, and also people that are not willing to expand their horizons., or learn different culture.

How nice is the campus, and the people that work there. The place is kept clean, and security is very efficient. Very welcoming, and it feels like home.

Deborah

I didn't look at many other schools, but it is a very small school and it is liberal. Students know all their professors and advisors so it makes planning very easy. You get a personalized education.

I would go back and look for more scholarships. I wish I had known my freshman year about buying books online or renting them instead of wasting so much money at the campus bookstore. Also it would have been good if I had really looked into the details of my programs and the requirements for major especially since I am going to school out of state but plan to return home after I graduate. I would have liked to tell myself to work hard to keep in touch with my friends from high school without being afraid to branch out and find people outside of groups I'm used to at college.

Living on campus. The campus itself is small and a community, but the dorms are not in great condition and the cafeteria doesn't have many choices and is barely open on the weekends. For people who stay on campus for the weekends, it's boring.

Leanese

At Elms College, the students are focused on getting good grades. But they are a socially aimed group in the sense that fun and friends take presidence once the school work, studying, and projects are out of the way.

College in a nutshell: You will meet so many new people. Some of them will stick around and be your great friends all throughout college, others will drift after a few weeks. The school is going to welcome you with open arms. The first week is all new and exciting. When classes begin you have to get your priorities straight. If you do these this, you'll be able to enjoy your free time. If you manage your time well, extracurricular activites and campus eventswill be a leisure that you will be able to take part in. Remember, that in college you might have to make sacrifices depending on your values. For this reason and many more, it is very important to stay true to who YOU are. You will grow, you will change, you will develop stronger character and you will discover more than you ever thought. It's an experience to live, an experience to look back on with joy, an experience in the "now." You wont realize it, but those funny inside jokes, and the late night study groups that often turn into movie nights, are comparable to those "oh oh summer nights" in the musical Grease.

The Elms College Basketball team is among the best in D3. They are nationally known and it has quickly become the venue for which students come together. Our Blazer Team is really amazing.

College of Our Lady of the Elms administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.