Chicopee, MA
College of Our Lady of the Elms

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Our Lady of the Elms

Cindy

Is the thing that happens at most,if not all schools...there are clicks, as in groups. But everyone hangs out with everyone.

any person should, it is a great small school for a person that doesn't like big crowds.

Don't be discouraged if you or your family doesn't have a lot of money for school. There are plently of scholarships and the right school will FIND a way for you to attend if you really want to go to their school.

Michele

As a commuter you don't have as mich interaction as the others who live on campus.

Some advice about finding the right college would be find the college you think will work for you. Make sure it has the field you want to enter and also make sure it offers the classes you are interested in taking. Go on a tour to see if you like the size of the campus, the classrooms, dorming halls, and over all size. Also keep in mind does the college offer any sports or activities you are intersested in. Most of all do what feels right, if you whole heartly know that the college is for you go for it, if you have doubs keep looking. To make the most out of your college experience I would have to say dorm! I have never lived on campus and wished I had. You make more friends and you are involved in more activities. I feel this is better because you can get the full college experience.

The over all enviornment and the staff is wonderful.

Kim

Before coming to the College of Our Lady of the Elms I wish I had known more about the area surrounding the school. There is not much in walking distance from the campus. It would be hard if I did not have a car to get around in. I did not realize the ratio of men and women was so big. There are much more women then men. I can from a school that was heavy populated with men. Elms was definitely an adjustment for me. I play volleyball for Elms and I wish I knew more about the coach.

Students choose your school wisely. Visit the schools before you apply. I visited a few colleges I liked on paper but when I visited I found out the school was not for me. Go as far away from home as you feel comfortable. At first, it will be scary and hard to adjust but once you get the hang of it you will never want to live at home again. If you play a sport try out for the team. Being a student athlete is the most rewarding part of my college career. Most of my friends are other athletes. The team becomes your other family, its makes it easier to be away from home. You go to college to get an education that will get you a job in the future but do not forget these are the best years. After college, you are in the really world so have fun, be safe and good luck. For parents let, your kids go. Let them go to the school they choose. I wanted to go to a school across the country and my parents talked me out of it. Sometimes I wonder what if I went there. Don?t worry.

I think the best thing about Elms is the student teacher relationships. Elms is a small school where pretty much everyone knows each other. The teachers know you on a personal level. Some of my professors come to my volleyball matches. They are very involved with the students and the campus life. The professors are on campus and make themselves available for extra help. The class sizes are also a plus. My biggest class this year had 28 students in it. I believe it is a much easier environment to learn in. I am glad I choose to attend Elms.

Kate

I would suggest taking tours of the school and making sure that it isn't too big or too small for the college student.

Elms is a small community but all of the professors are very helpful and want the students to succeed.

Elms is a little too small for me. I haven't made a huge group of friends since I've been there.

Maria

My advice for the parents and students are that they should go and visit the college, try to interact with other students to see what experience they have. Find information about financial aid because that is really important. Finally talk to the principal about the security of the school because if you are a student you want to feel like you live at home.

Tutors because they help us with our homework, quizes and tests. English is my second language and they help me a lot to study for a test. Tutors help me to translate my papers to write essays.

katie

Students are hard working and like to have fun and have opportunites to excell. Students are friendly, and helpful towards eachother. Each person likes to do thier own thing, everyone kind of knows everyone else...almost.

Don't worry so much about the college experience, it will just happen. If you're looking for a large school or a small school, that is usually an important factor in deciding where to attend college. Another important factor is location and what you have access to around the campus. (the town) If you don't know what you want to major in, go to a school where there are a lot of options. To make the most of the college experience, get involved and don't be afraid to share your mind, and speak up. When you do start pick professors not just classes, it makes the expereince so much better when you have great professors. Find a college that fits your personal likes and style. Get to know a school a little before you jump in.

Doesn't offer as many classes on the large scale of things. Library is limited in social work and psychology resources. The school is known for nursing, but their social work program is awesome!! other than that totally satisfied

Logan

The worst thing about Elms College is that the majority of the student body does not have pride in being an Elms College student. I personally think Elms is a fantastic school to receive your education, but many students come to college to drink and party every day. Because of Elms' small size, many of these students are disappointed. I party just like any other college student, but I am responsible enough to do all of my school work and excel inside and outside of the classroom. Since there is little school pride, we have weak alumni support.

The most frustrating thing about Elms College is that many aspects of the school are old. It would be nice to see some more change in the campus environment and activities.

I would suggest visiting every school that you are interested in. I visited a few schools that I thought I would love, but as soon as I stepped on campus I knew right away it wasn't the school for me. Be sure to explore all aspects of every prospective school such as sports, academics, dorm life, extra-curricular activities, academic support, class size, intensity of major, internship opportunities, and availability of teachers outside of the classroom. I learned that you can NEVER ask too many questions. If you have to, visit a school a second time. I absolutely recommend overnights. Sleeping at a prospective school will give your child (children) the best perspective on how they could fit in that certiain school environment. Be open-minded to everything, and remember, it is your child's decision and their education, not yours.

Emysha

People who are going into a medical field or want to do anything that deals with computer and engineering because the school might not offer courses that you may like.

To make sure you get a tour of college if the school offers overnight to experience college life do and to look into cost because you could probably find a school that has the same thing and it might be less expensive and also try to stay in your state it 's less costly on you and your parents and look seriously at student loan and avoid getting credit cards and try and find a lot of scholarships so that you won't have to take out a loan. An stay dedicated to your school work.

That it was so small and that it was a private college. And the ethinitcy.

Caytlin

The living quarters. It is a catholic school so boys and girls cannot room on the same floor and boys cannot sleep over girls dorms.

I would advise anybody that is going to go to college to go to college fairs and look at many different schools and what they offer. When you find the right school everything will fall into place easily and you will feel a great satisfaction when you apply. You should also go visit the school and look at the housing. You should also try to get an interview to ask questions about the classes or school in general. Learn as much as you can about financial aid and how it can help you get what you need for your educaiton. The college experience is amazing and you need to be open to all type of people and new habits you may encounter with, for example, a new roommate. If you let your school serve you as much as you serve it you will not regret anything about the schol you pick.

It has a great social work program and the class sizes are perfect. I also love my teachers and how you build great relationships with you.

I would have to say that the worst thing about my school is some of the cafeteria food. For the most part the food is pretty good but I have occasionally got sick from it and there are not many choices there either for food.

The most frustrating thing would probably be how expensive the books are and that most of the time when you go to sell them back they dont take them anymore.

My advice to parents or students is to find the school that is right for you. That you need to go where you are going to enjoy learning and interacting with others. The school you go to is not just about learning its also about growing there and being proud to say that you attend a particular school. The College experience is a great thing and should not be taken for granted. It is a place to leanr, make friends, have fun, and grow into a responsible and mature human being. The College you shoose shoudl be somwhere where you can do all of these things.

College of Our Lady of the Elms administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.