College of Saint Benedict Top Questions

No, the sterotypes have been going on for years. As new students come, the school changes

Breann

While a large portion of students at CSB/SJU are from the Twin Cities area, I know people from the Bahamas, Texas, Montana, Alaska, New Jersey, etc. Also, the faith community is as prevalent as you make it - there are so many different degrees that you can be religiously involved on campus.

Especially attending CSB from out of state (and out of the surrounding states ND, SD, IA, WI) the grand majority of people are from Minnesota. I have met people from all over the country that attend CSB|SJU and there are quite a few international students as well. I have liked getting to know this state better and have been invited to many of my friends' homes in Minnesota. The stereotype that everyone is Catholic is definitely not true. I have met people of many other religions and our school is very open to other beliefs. Yes, many were raised Catholic, but it's not like the entire student population attends weekly mass.

Christine

No. By far, the majority of Bennies are liberal. We are not all Catholic. It is not an all girls' school. Nearly everything is co-ed except the residence halls. We are no more or less attractive than any other school. However, I do think we are slightly MORE intelligent.

Lindsey

No, there are so many talented women with varying majors. The school is very diverse in teaching its students.

Charlie

Nope. For one, 95{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of CSB/SJU students receive financial aid, and nearly all of my friends have on-campus jobs. While North Face and Pink gear go abound on campus, it's also a place where individuality is respected. Obviously there is a reason for the Bennie stereotype--there are those girls who are here on daddy's dime--but overwhelmingly the campus is made up of intelligent girls with opinions and personalities too awesome to be put into one little Bennie box.

This is not true at all. 95{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of students are on scholarship, and many students come from middle class families. CSB makes tuition affordable so many students can afford to go here.

Michelle

This stereotype is NOT accurate!! CSB students are kind individuals, who are ready and willing to help others. Furthermore, CSB students work hard and do not have our education's handed to us on a silver platter. We work hard and are proud of it.

No