College of Saint Benedict Top Questions

I believe the people are the best part of the school. The faculty and students come from such diverse backgrounds it makes for a truly amazing and cultured campus. There are many international students as well as out-of state and in-state students. There are Monks and Sisters who live or work on campus. Everyone is very friendly and full of school spirit. Alumni continue making contributions and visiting the campus.

I would have to say the most unique thing about SJU is that there is a lake located right on campus. You can swim, you can hike around it and you can even rent canoe's to go out on the lake. It's pretty amazing having a lake on campus. I have used it before and the water is nice!

Kendal

What's unique about CSBSJU is that yes we are two separate campuses but you would never be able to tell looking from the outside in.

Kori

It is made up of girls and St. John's is made up of guys. I also love the fact that there are nuns here and you can always see monks and brothers running around at St. John's.

Kori

I think that the dual campus is truly unique. We have two of everything: two cafeteria's, two athletic facilities, two libraries, two totally different campuses that all students get to utilize.

Ali

I believe the most unique aspect of our campus is the small community feel. Everyone has a certain respect for each other. When I did an overnight visit as a prospective student I instantly felt like I was at home. Everyone is very welcoming of each other and wants to do whats best for everyone!

Galen

I feel like a success here. I work hard both academically and when volunteering or working, and I don't feel like I would push myself as hard if I wasn't attending a school that encourages you to push yourself.

The study abroad program is very popular at my school and also very successful.

the best thing about St. Ben's? Every one says it, but its true. The community. There is a rich vibrant community of women unlike any where else I know of or have experienced since. The monestary on campus adds a living example of intentional living and provides a great presence on campus. While the school population is small, when combined with St.John's, it really has a complete feeling of community and belonging. The campuses are brimming with Benedictine values, evidenced by many traditions of being welcoming, most notable by the door holding exhibited by all on campus.

The best thing about my school is the teacher to student ratio. My classes are rarely over 20 students, so I feel as though I have a good relationship with any professor that I have. You are never short on attention.

The best thing about my school is the people. There are students from many different cultures and I have learned a lot just in my first year from those students. Everyone is friendly and treats other students as equals. I have not seen or heard of any racial discrimination and the whole campus can come together as one. It's a very cool characteristic of my school.

The sense of community and family.