Twin Falls, ID
College of Southern Idaho

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Southern Idaho

Anna

The College of Southern Idaho is best known for its excellence in sports such as basketball, baseball, and volleyball. I understand that not everyone who goes to college is an athlete; however, CSI also offers the ability for students who would otherwise not have the opprortunity to go to college to pursue their career at an affordable price. The student-to-teacher ratio is very low, which allows the studnt to have a personal teacher/student relationship, where it would otherwise not be available in another college.

Life changes so much the first year you move out and start your own life. In many ways college is a frightening experience, the insecurities of meeting people, the awkwardness of the first day in a new dorm, but at the same time, college can be a wonderful place full of excitement, and freedom, where a person can define who they are as an individual. Looking back now at my senior year of high school, I realize how iindependent I was. I felt like I could do everything on my own. I did not need help. And although I applaud myself now, I know that I could have made greater leaps if I would have sought the correct help. It?s okay to ask questions if a person is unsure of how to apply for financial aid, and it?s okay to not know what your major is. If you do know, never let someone say you cannot achieve it. We are all entitled to our own dreams and no one has the authority to tell us otherwise. High school seniors, college is the best experience you could ever have. Be sure in yourself, and everything will fall into place.

There is so much I would have liked to have known and experience before I came to CSI. As a student, i was told be teachers that I could not achieve this or that, all my ambitions were whimsical. I know I could have been great if I did not listen to all the "no"s that were said to me. I know I could have been accepted to any school of my desire if I chose so. I woud have been more sure of myself, wiser in my decisions, and confident in my ways.

Alana

It's a whole lot easier to lower your GPA than to raise it!

It's a whole lot easier to lower your GPA than to raise it!

If I could have known previous to coming to the College of Southern Idaho that raising your GPA is much easier than lowering it, I would be a whole lot better off now . I also wish I knew that it was ok to be bold and talk to people whom you have never met. Sometimes when you go to a place that is new, if you want to meet new people, you have to be the one to walk up and talk.

Although I really enjoy a smaller college, I would have to say that occasionally I feel that I am missing out on the aspects of a larger college, such as the big games, more school spirit, and alot more people.

AkilahTutt

Use college as your stepping stone into the real world. You want to be able to graduate from school with your career in one hand and your own place to live in the other. Relationships and various organizations are great ways to network and build character, but once you graduate, its going to be your responsibility to make things happen in your life. Working while going to school is a great way to build income as well as establish a job for after you graduate from school. Volunteer whenever you can because you can meet so many people and learn so much from their experiences. Create your 3-5 year gameplan, work your plan, and as always: Be sure to HAVE FUN!

I love the hands-on massage training daily! The days we have body work are so much fun. And even when we have lecture about bones, muscles, or other business aspects of massage therapy, the instructors make the material fun and engaging.

There are a lot of scholarships geared toward Massage Therapy Students.

Lisa

The best advice I can offer would be to think things through and take your time making this huge decision. I did not know what I wanted to do and let my desire to run away from home in the quickest and easiest way possible motivate my choice. My parents did not attend college and wanted me to attend a church ran private school, so I did not have the help necessary to make this important decision. I did not scout college campuses or the cities and towns they were located in. I did not include quality of life with quality of education in my search. My first semester in college was rough. I went to the same school as some friends from high school, but the town where the university was located had nothing to offer. I ended up leaving college after my first semester and moved back home. When searching for a college, patience is key. Moving away from home is hard, harder than I ever imagined it would be. Had I chosen a location where I could stand to live, it could have been an easier transition.

The best thing about my school is the high level of education versus the low per credit hour cost.

I feel that the smaller classes allow for more student instructor interation, enhancing the education experience.

Most of my classes are online. However i feel all the students in my class truly want everyone to succeed.

College is so important these days, especially in the economy we have right now. Seriously take a look at where you want to be in 5 years and I guarantee it will include you needing some sort of college.

I think everyone should attend school. I have been out of high school now for almost 9 years and I wish I would've done it sooner. However I feel more fortunate now with the opportunity to go than I would've had I gone right out of high school.

Randi

The College of Southern Idaho is a small community college. I personnelly like CSI for its small student to teacher ratio throughout the classrooms as well as the one on one time available with professors. CSI is a smaller campus but has lots of oppertunity not only on campus but off campus as well. In the CSI Matrix Building you will find individuals that are willing to go the extra mile for you if they see that you really want an education. They will work as hard for you as you would for youself.

If I could go back in time and tell myself anything; it would have to be to wait on having children. I am a 23 year old single mother with three beautiful children and as much as i love my children they make school a challenge. I believe that if I would have known how much different college is from high school then I would have waited and been smarter about having children. I would tell myself to go to college right out of high school instead of waiting. Once you have been going to school for so long you form a natural routine. When you graduate and take a break from school you loose that natural rythem, which is very importatnt to have. Being out of the school routine and having the wonderfull full time job of a single mother makes school a challenge but not impossible.

I belive that CSI is a college for student looking to get back into school after having a break between high school and college. CSI would also be a good choice for students who are looking to get an Associates Degree and/or transfer to continue towards their Bachelors Degree. Even for someone just looking to freshen up on the new technology.

Lynnette

They are young, creative, a little naive, optimistic, and multicultural.

They are young, creative, a little naive, optimistic, and multicultural.

Stay focused! There are many opportunities out there and you will have plenty of time to travel and see the world. Forget about getting away from home for a moment and prepare now for the life you want to live. Take one or two advanced courses or even some college credit classes to push yourself a little more than you are now. Listen to mom and dad; they are much wiser than you would like to admit and want you to succeed. Know that you are going to make mistakes and remind yourself that you can bounce back with a great attitude. Forgive yourself and be willing to accept the changes that eventually come. Save as much money as you can and keep helping others through service because you will discover, through times of doubt and uncertainty, that you are destined to help others. Enjoy the ride and live your life.

The College of Southern Idaho has the best Nursing program in Idaho. We are surrounded by endless outdoor activites and have great instructors.

David

It has now been thirteen years since I graduated from high school and regret not attending college sooner. If I could travel back in time and give myself some much needed advice I would recommend that I patch things up with my parents and to stay focused on my education and not so much about getting a job and getting my own place. What I have learned over the past 13 years are life changing expierences, which are not all bad when I look back on them, but could have been avoided if I was better focused. The first piece of advice that I would start off with would be to reconcile with my parents. As soon as I graduated from high school I had to move out. Because of that I was too focused on getting a job and not continueing with school. The second piece of advice I would give myself would be to talk to a counselor at the college and ask for their advice on which classes I should take. Even if a person doesn't have a clear vision, general education classes are just as good.

The worst thing about my school is that College of Western Idaho is not a four year college. The college offers a great education at a reasonable price for students that do not come from a wealthy family, but could market themselves better if they offered Bachelor Degree's. I am 31 years old and am just now going back to school and find it even more stressful to have to transfer to another school to complete my goals.

College of Western Idaho is a smaller college at a inexpensive price, but doesn't mean that the education is going to be any less than at a larger school. I have talked to a few professors and everyone has told me that the class they teach at the larger school is the same that they teach at College of Western Idaho. Anybody could attend this school as long as they are focused on their education and not focused on other things that will distract them.

Kyle

I would tell myself that no matter what disadvatages you THINK you have, nothing is going to stop you from doing exacly what you want to in this world. I've been told all my life that I have a learning disability and cannot learn the same ways "normal" kids learn. As long as I can remeber, I have been in "learning" classes known to my friends as "Sped" classes. You can imagine how impacting being labeled "less than the rest" influenced my self-esteem, self-respect, and educational goals. I tried not to let it bother me that I wasn't as sufficient as the rest of the students but no matter how hard I tried I would still feel incapable of fitting in. Now, four years after being told you will never be as smart as the rest, I maintain a 3.4 GPA, have obtained an Associates in Science for Outdoor Education, never used the learning center help provided by Colorado Mountain College, and have traveled and actively helped in third-world countries throughout Central America. So don't worry Senior in high school Kyle, because you will see soon enough what you can achieve.

Hailie

Its smaller here so the classroom sizes aren't huge to the point that you cant get enough help if you need it. The campus is very nice it's not too big and can't get you your classes on time. The teachers here are very nice and helpful.

I first would tell myself to work hard to get scholorships to be able to pay for school without any trouble. Next thing would be to work even harder making money before leaving for college for things like rent, groceries and gas. I would also tell myself to stay focused on school and not to get caught up in the way college life can be. I would tell myself that your going to make mistakes but to learn from those previous mistakes.

I wish I would have had more help in deciding what I wanted to major in sooner. I wish I would have know more about scholorships given by the school and other scholorships and could get.

College of Southern Idaho administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.