College of Southern Idaho Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of Southern Idaho

Kenda

My overall opinion of the College of Southern Idaho is that is a great college to go to. Being in the Vet Tech program, I keep very busy and have made strong connections with my classmates and professors. I am also a Student Alumni Ambassador, so I am able to interact with Alumni and other people that are connected to CSI.

Alondra

I love CSI, I think this was the best decision I have ever made. The class sizes are perfect and teachers are always available when I need them, they answer my emails in a timely manner. People under estimate our campus because its small but it is a great school.

Cadan

Great small town 2-year college! Excellent course options, good class sizes, and wonderful professors! Overall it's a wonderful value and an excellent way to go to get a less expensive start on a great education! I would definitely recommend College of Southern Idaho to anyone who is looking for these qualities!

Matthew

I took a Sociology Class when Brian Dobbs was still the professor. The staff were really helpful, and the professor was willing to help me with class work and was very understanding. Smaller school, definitely recommend it if you like the small school environment and enjoy the view of the Snake River.

Joseph

Great little community college. If you are looking for the fun and crazy college experience its not the place for you. But on the other hand it is a great place to study and focus on getting a good education for really cheap. The classes are challenging and well taught great staff and fun student culture. In the area there is a ton of extra curricular stuff to do.

karisa

I love the college of Southern Idaho. I love the small town feel I get when Im there. I wish that it was less confusing trying to figure out what needs to be done before starting class. I feel like every time I have registered for classes there is always something else I have to do that I was unaware of.

Ingrid

A great start for a college freshman! Cheap, Community-based, and Comfortable. It's cheap because it's about 9,000 in tuition and fees. It's community-based since it's a small school and everybody knows everybody, always easy to make friends once you do. It's comfortable because it's a place that feels like your own home, and you have an easy drive back in case you want to visit family or friends. Lot's of activities, and it's the three C's for me: Cheap, Community-based, and Comfortable.

Chanelle

I have attended CSI as a student directly out of school and was able to really experience college life at this campus. There are always activities going on, basketball and baseball games are very important to most of the student body, and there are numerous classes to take and figure out a major. I am a returning student now with a family and I am finding that CSI is making more classes accessible to those who work-I am able to take evening classes and weekend classes allowing me to receive a degree without sacrificing providing for my family.

Vanessa

I love College of Southern Idaho. It’s a very welcoming and cozy atmosphere. Professors are always willing to help you. Different fun activities going on and more. There are many opportunities for you to get involved and live the college experience to the max.

Antonio

The college is a fun and safe place to be in. Their is a lot of interaction with the other students. The professors are nice and easy to get along with. I would recommend this college to anyone that is looking for a good education for a cheap prize. The campus itself is safe and secure.

Hailey

The College of Southern Idaho is a great community to learn from with great class sizes that give you a one on one experience with your professors that you wouldn't get at a major university. Students are kind and inviting. There are lots of social and academic events. I wish there was more option in degrees. I want to get a degree in aviation but CSI doesn't have any. Once my generals are done I will have to transfer.

Marie

The College of Southern Idaho is an "ok" school. In other words, it is not that great. The school is extremely small; and there aren't really any opportunities for group involvement. Campus housing is very crowded and space is limited. The meal plans are a little pricy for the low quality of food that they give you. So, I recommend that students live off campus. I would say that if your looking to have the full college experience (Greek life, group involvement, extracurricular activities, foot ball, fun, etc.), the College of Southern Idaho is not for you. Their sole purpose is education only.

Molly

This is an amazing school, with a great supportive community. The professors are absolutely amazing! I have not met a professor that would not help a student succeed in class. With a change in dorm directors, the dorms became a place where students actually felt like the hall was a home away from home.

AylaRaye

College of Southern Idaho is a great school to go to. I love the experience that I get going there, and I learn so much. Most of the teachers do their best to interact with students in and out of the classroom and I don't feel overwhelmed from too much homework or excessive classwork.

Merari

The College of Southern Idaho is a great school is a great school! Especially if you are a student that plans to start off at an average size campus than transfer to a four-year university. Which is the route I am taking. CSI has a ratio of 18:1 classroom size. Rather than a four year university where there are 400 students in one classroom. CSI has the one on one interaction with your professors and they are there to make sure you're on top. CSI has a lot of programs and clubs to get involved in. Even with your major there is a club with it. For example, if you are a nursing student, there is a nursing club. At CSI, there is something for everyone, no one is left out. There are four main councils on campus such as Student Senate, Ambassadors (I am one of them) Program Board and Diversity Council. These main councils get scholarships and an hourly wage (just one of them). CSI is overall just an amazing college with something always going on, its never boring. the students are generous and engaged in what they do, the professors are kind and compassionate and always care about their students. I am blessed to have made the decision to first attend this college for my first year.

Madison

I really got a great experience from just being able to visit the school. The campus is in the shape of a circle which allows for anybody to get around easily especially when lost. The people that I got the opportunity to meet were absolutely amazing in so many different ways. Friendly, happy, and loving are three words that show what the College of Southern Idaho is all about!

Katelyn

There are a lot of things I can say about this small town College. I started at this school in Fall 2015 and have loved every second. The town life isn't as lively as a college student would hope but the area is beautiful and has access to some remarkable outdoor recreation. The Snake River Valley is a sight to behold to anyone not native to the state of Idaho. Of all the great things CSI has to offer, I must say that the best part is the wonderful Professors. They are a truly kind and intelligent staff. They try their absolute best to connect and reach every student. I have loved every single one of my professors and have an immense amount of respect for them, This College, though it is small, is affordable and highly underappreciated. I don't regret one second at the school.

Alondra

This a great community college to start at because you get to know your professors. The professors ,here really care about you and there here to help out you. My professors have been here to help me every step of the way. Everyone, on campus is super friendly. Everyone, here is very helpful and willing to help you. My over all experience of this college is good. I would recommend it to family and friends.

Madigan

I think the College of Southern Idaho is an amazing two year community college. The campus is easy to navigate and the buildings are in close proximity to each other. The professor's are eager to help you with any problems or questions that you may encounter,

Eunise

CSI is a great and affordable to continue your education. The college of Southern Idaho has a variety of programs to offer, some that most community colleges do not. We are also known for our outside Challenge Course which is offered has a credited wellness class or elective, and can be used by community members. You can fill up your free time by joining a council or one of the 100 clubs CSI offers. Being an Ambassador allows you to meet not only current students with similar leadership interests as you but in coming freshmans. The main duty as an Ambassador is to give a persuasive campus tour and create connections with the individual or group. Besides the Ambassador council CSI also offers Program Board, Senate, Sustainability, and Diversity council. The College of Southern Idaho is incredible at giving all students and community member an opportunity to succeed. In the Meyerhoeffer building the Student Success Cente offers adult basic ed., college level ESL, GED testing, and many more assistance. Welcome to the College of Southern Idaho, Success is just around the corner!

I love this school. They have several smaller campuses around Idaho that make going to college cheaper and easier for travel time. I attend the Burley campus and it is 20 minutes from my house vs 45 minutes to the main campus in Twin Falls. The staff are always doing little treats like popcorn or baked potato days stuff like that to keep the students motivated.

Jenna

The college of Southern Idaho is a great place to learn. The small class size enables students to engage one on one with professors. Professors care about the well-being of their students and are willing to put in extra work for the benefit of others.

Zaiden

I very much enjoy this college. The student atmosphere is great, professors are almost always available, and the classes themselves are challenging; but easily manageable. Student housing and cafeteria services I believe could be improved. But other than that, It is an amazing school and one I recommend to anybody searching for a good 2-year program.

Diana

College of Southern Idaho is said to be the cheapest community college in Idaho and it is. Even though it is cheap, CSI has such amazing teachers who build a relationship with you and make you want to get up in the morning and go to class. There are not many events CSI organizes where the students can socialize, meet and build friendships. So that means the only socializing you are left to do is going to trouble and unpleasant parties. I think it would be a great idea for CSI to build sororities or frats and more drug free events so students can participate. Better than being at the dorms bored and over eat everything from being bored.

Alondra

I think that College of Southern Idaho is a college for every student not matter what major your going into. It is also considered to be a starting College to get your generals done and then you can move to a University to finish out your major. Even if the major that you want to follow is not available it is also possible to do your generals in a year or two and then transfer.

I enjoy participating with the class discussions. I can always tell when the professors get fired up with students participate; these courses always seem to end too quickly. I highly recommend getting involved with leadership organizations on campus such as the National Honor Society Leadership for Success (NSLS).

Kaylee

I don't go to main campus so my reviews there aren't really necessary. I live in Burley so I go to Burley campus. They are very helpful but I've taken a class on main campus and one thing they didn't do was tell me that I needed textbooks. I asked and the Burley office said no we didn't. Turned out I did need books, I had to scramble for the money. I went without them for a week before they finally arrived.

Kaitlin

I have been impressed with the College of Southern Idaho. The teachers are always helpful, I have already made some great friends who are smart and willing to help when needed. The campus is easy to navigate and it's always kept clean. This is a great college to go to!

Abbey

The College of Southern Idaho is one of the best community college experiences you will find in this area. The class sizes are not huge, and I have personally talked with all of my professors. The campus is beautiful and set up very conveniently. Students and staff are all very welcoming and friendly. Lastly, we have amazing sports teams.

Perla

I think the college of southern Idaho is a very good community college. The professors here and very helpful.

Savannah

My overall opinion of my school is that it is nice. They held a day where you could go make a stress-relieving stuffed animal, the consalurs are always trying to help, the professors are nice and seem to care. The homework is kept down to a minimum and they are always trying to get students involved to destress.

jaime

My opinion of CSI is that it is a get along college, there's a lot of interaction that from students and teachers. There's good tutoring and classes where you can focus on homework.

Lindsey

The campus is absolutely beautiful! It is in the heart of Twin Falls with many opportunities to drive out of town for the weekend to go to Boise which is 2 hours away! Also many food options and down the road is the main town street that leads to the famous Perrine Bridge.

Allison

I really liked the College of Southern Idaho. The teachers are great, classroom sizes are just right and the overall atmosphere is energetic. Everyone is so involved and willing to lend a hand whenever someone is in need. I would recommend College of Southern Idaho to anybody and everybody.

I really enjoy the environment and vibes you get at CSI. It helps you focus and motivates you to continue learning in the classroom. I am really excited to be attending this College in the fall this year. I had to decide which college to attend and after careful thinking and deciding, I have chosen CSI to help me further my education. There are many things you can do at CSI and I'm going to take full advantage of the opportunities I receive at this College, thank you.

Dylan

It's a good place to get generals out of the way. It has cheap tuition, especially compared to other universities. Of course, CSI is a 2-year community school. I would not recommend finishing your education there. However, if you are not sure what you want, this is the perfect place to get things figured out. We also have a very nice planetarium.

Thalia

They are so nice and they very helpful. Whenever one needs help to figure out classes, professors, extracurricular activities or even just what building you are in case you think you are in the wrong one. People are so very understanding and very professional. Information on what to do in case of an emergency is posted everywhere so there is no doubt in anybody's mind what to do. Professors go out of there way to help students and staff when it is needed. The school is also very clean and sanitary. It's always a pleasure to walk in and see such beautiful lights and clean offices, cafeteria, study hall, etc. Support can found anywhere and everywhere on this campus. No discrimination is found here. So many wonderful people of all ethnicities are here to learn and to grow no matter age, gender, religion, sex, etc. The buildings are also open and clean with big and clear windows on the first and second floors of the buildings. If studying somewhere and a break is needed to relieve the stress a simple look to the side is the right move. The campus provides a rose garden, a beautiful yet simple water fountain, and many species of trees and plants to make the experience that much better. If any student wants a college to study, learn, admire and have support to be silly, yet serious and achieve their goals for their future, this is the place! This college is a wonderful feel to it. I do not regret coming here. Such a fantastic College!

Manuel

College of Southern Idaho is a great school. Classes are the perfect size, you have lots of interaction with the teachers. It is also a very safe campus. There are also lots of programs that you can join no matter your religion, race, or ethnicity. Teachers are also good at doing their job and are there for the student.

Katelyn

I am nearing the end of my first semester here at the College of Southern Idaho, and I could not be happier with my experience so far. The class sizes are small, and my professors care about my personal education and success. I believe I have already made great improvements in my communication skills, and have gained a general knowledge of what will be required of me to obtain my degree. I am majoring in Health Science, and with my dual enrollment courses (which I also took through the College of Southern Idaho), I will be able to obtain my degree within a year after completing my first semester. In addition to this, I also believe that the courses here are preparing me for University-level courses.

Korah

College of Southern Idaho is small, it has a homey feeling. The campus is a great place for a jog, or a walk with friends. Often times, the staff under prepares incoming freshman. The professors are very educated, and some care about the students. The campus has plenty of useful facilities and gives back to the community.

Hailee

College of Southern Idaho is a great opportunity to get a head start on your college education. They also have various career programs that are very competitive to get into. I love the small class sizes because all of my professors know me. I frequently use the study centers for my biology classes and they are great. They also have a great gym that is free to full-time students that I use frequently also. Overall CSI is a great community college that cares.

Jerica

I previously attended 2012 to 2015. At first I did not live in the main campus I lived in another town. I was not involved in much. Once I moved to the city I became a little more involved. It was easy to talk and get help from other students. I had a great adviser my first time around in the business department. Always willing to help. I had a problem with a few teachers who were not willing to help, especially not during class hours. Students are generally nice and the atmosphere is happy and safe.

I am one class away from earning my Associates Degree in Secondary Education with an emphasis in History. I have done this solely online. I have loved working with the professors, they have always been very helpful and kind. The College of Southern Idaho is extremely affordable and is a great place to kick-start your post-secondary education!