Las Vegas, NV
College of Southern Nevada

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Southern Nevada

elyse

The College of Southern Nevada is diverse, interesting, personal with the small classes, has very willing and helpful teachers, is perfect for students that work well in class or online, and an inexpensive jump-start to launching your education.

As a high school senior, I was not thinking much about college--not the say I should have been. I knew my parent did not have the extra money to put me through school, so i did not try to get into any schools. I would tell myself to do well in class, apply for any and all scholarships that I could get my hands on, and save money for tuition. The one scholarship that I was able to get was the Millenium Scholarship. My grades were good enough to get more, but I never applied. That was probably my biggest mistake. Even when our teachers would tell us about grants and scholarships, I was good at toning it out. I had a job from the time I was sixteen, and I should have been thinking about puting myself through college sinse I knew my parents would not have the means to do it. Now, looking back, I would have saves every penny that I earned so that I do not have to be constantly looking for places to save money now. Also, college has been no picnic. I would remind myself that the work is not easy, but possible.

If you do not have the money currently to attend a university and are trying to get your core classes completed for less, you would be perfect to attend the College of Southern Nevada. It is also great for returning to school for degrees or even for simple refresher courses.

Cherisse

They are awesome and very welcoming; I am very encouraged by them.

They are awesome and very welcoming; I am very encouraged by them.

Of course never having any regrets about my senior year in high school, I would like to, however, give myself a little advice. "Cherisse, it would be a smart decision to enroll in the high school college program. There are many friends of mine, as of today, that are doing just that. They are accomplishing many of the classes I am currently taking, but they are getting dual credits for college and high school, at the same time! You could say 'killing two birds with one stone', figuratively speaking of course (I know you would never do that in real life!)."

There's not much communication on important events, like registering for next semester was never announced or posted on the Web Site.

Chanel

Before i had come to CSN., i wish i would have known about the professors. I have learned that taking a good proffesor who knows how to teach can really improve how much u learn in a class. There is a website that almost every student in CSN uses before they regester for a class. The website is called Ratemyprofessor.com. That will make it a lot easier for future students. I would also recommend that you know your major , so then you wont have to take and pay for classes that you do not need.

If i can go back in time, and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would tell myself that i should be thinking about what i want to major in. When i was a high school senior i did not think about what i wanted to major in college. I had no clue what i wanted to do. I was confused like most high school students. So when i first started to go to college i decided to just do an associate of arts -general degree. That was the biggest mistake of my life. I took classes like psycology that i did not need for the degree that i am earning now. After about a month of being in school i decided that i wanted to major in business. Knowing what i wanted to major in as soon as possible, was a big relief. It saved me time and money. I would tell myself as a high school senior to decide what you want to major in before going to college, because it will save you a lot of time and money. That money i could have spent on taking classes that i need for my business degree.

Michelle

My classmates are relatively decent, but a handful of my classmates can be mouthy during class.

"Michelle, you can do so much better. Go for gold and don't be afraid to fail; take much more challenging classes and assert yourself to the greatest extent. Don't ever hesitate to ask for help; asking for help doesn't mean you're weak, admitting defeat and not getting up again is. If you are so jealous of other people's success then look forward and fight for the top ! You live to the fullest as to not have any regrets, if you don't go big now, you'll look back and kick yourself knowing you could of and should of done better. Never think that once you make a mistake, everything else will go wrong; we learn from them and grow. You won't be just anybody, you will a Somebody. You are strong."

I really don't have anything to complain about my school. It saddens me that my school is sometimes described as 'ghetto.'

College of Southern Nevada administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.