College of Southern Nevada

« See more reviews of College of Southern Nevada

Considering CSN is not a legitimate 4-year university, it is impossible to experience dorm life, and is difficult to obtain the source of independence that living away from home brings. I do not feel that I am getting the most out of college, that I better could if I was attending a university, where you learn to depend solely on yourself, meet and become great friends with the people around you (who may have come from all around the country), and proceed to get a well-achieved Bachelor's or Master's Degree.

The worst thing about my school is that it is so easy anyone can pass if they just show up to class and study their notes. I imagened college to be way hard, but College of Southern Nevada is way easy. All you have to do pretty much is show up, stay awake, pay attention, take notes, and study. There are occasionaly homework assignments. This is how most teachers are there. I would love to see classes get harder at College of Southern Nevada.

Having gotten used to the words of my peers telling me that college resources and offices were there for students' immediate use, I was expecting that to be true. That is not the case. I understand that the school employees have a job to keep; however, students come first. I should not have to keep calling and leavings messages to get a simple question answered. The worst thing about me school is that I have to wait DAYS before I have help.

The worst thing about my school is also what I find to be the best thing at my school. Csn doesn't offer all the courses that you need at there 3 locations so sometimes you have to go to UNLV to take the class you need. This could be bad because you have to travel further, but it can also be good to show people who attend Csn what it would be like at a University and in some cases help them to strive for their goal of getting there.

The worst thing about my school is that there are so many students attending the school I have yet to take a class with the same student twice. The size of the school makes it very impersonal for its students. Not having an academic counselor assigned to each student makes it hard to communicate and decide your academic future. Every time you need advice you will end up with a different counselor that gives different advice.

The worst thing about my school is the way it is thought of. People view the College of Southern Nevada as a joke. It has recently changed form a community college to an accredited state colleege but poeple do not realize that. No it is not an Ivy league school but it still is a collge and students can still get an amazing education and career from the College of Southern Nevada.

The staff is so overwhlemed with students that it is hard to get businnes done sometimes. They lose paperwork, do not return emails or voicemails, it is somewhat undestandable, since the enrollment of 40k per semster. If you are dilegent about your quest to attend this school it can work for you.

The worst thing about The College of Southern Nevada is the class availability. With recent budget cuts and lack of teachers, the choices are limited when it comes to scheduling for the next semester. You must plan ahead and sign up as soon as possible if you expect to get a good class time.

why reason i before i work was i am sous chef for 27 years after i am laid off i think decidie apply for special education for the deaf i wish help and more learningt of word with asl i want goal that all i hope you will help me money because i am unemplyoment insurance right now

Some of the teachers at my school need to either be removed or change there teaching methods. Some of the teachers at the college just teach the info without making it interesting or without caring weather we actually learn the material or not.