College of Southern Nevada Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of Southern Nevada

It's a good school, with a sizeable faculty and involved student body. Since the College of Southern Nevada is a two year school, my Mechanical Engineering major doesn't come in until I transfer to the University of Las Vegas, but most of the classes I take here are required anyway.

Nevaeh

I think the College of Southern Nevada is a good community college. Even when I took online courses, before the pandemic, the professors had office hours where you could go in and get help. They also had this one very helpful course called "Algebra refresher", and it helped me get better at math and helped prepare me to get placed in a higher math class.

Jaron

My opinion of the College of Southern Nevada is that the school is a good two-year school to get your associate's degree and then transfer to a university. The people on the campus are really nice, and most of the teachers actually care about the topic they are teaching. The College of Southern Nevada provides many different scholarship opportunities that can really benefit the student.

Zamzam

I am a dual enrollment student taking classes in CSN, but my opinion is attending this school is one of the top opportunities that I've ever taken an advantage of. Transitioning to this college environment was a significant change I could handle at first but I was able to gain an earlier experience on what to expect when I graduate.

Zoe

Overall, it's a great school designated for anyone of any age to pursue an associate's degree. The cost of tuition is cheap, however since it's a community college there isn't any housing offered by the school. If you have a great strategy on managing your finances and using your resources to your advantage, you can easily graduate from here in less than or equal to two years.

Armando

Pros: Affordable and good school ONLY if you are independent student that has self discipline. Cons: Politics! Personally I would NOT work for CSN as a tutor. I would only go to CSN as a student, get my AA academic credential and leave to NSC for my BA. I have perfect academic stats and impressive resume yet I do not get the credit I deserve.

Amara

College of Southern Nevada has been great so far. The Administration and professors are very helpful. When you're struggling with a subject or an essay, you can always contact your professor and they will help you out. The tuition is great. I would recommend so far to any students who are considering.

Lovely

This is a place to just get your credits done for a lot less what is not to love. I am a freshman at College of Southern Nevada; I started in January 2018. I have been born and raised in Las Vegas where we are at the bottom of the education spectrum. For me the transformation from high school to college was actually very difficult even though I did well in high school. College of Southern Nevada made my transition as smooth as possible.

Kate

I have only been attending this college for a couple of months and it's great for a community college. The teachers are really involved and passionate about what they teach. There are plenty of classroom discussions and I feel that I am learning a lot from them. The students mostly keep to themselves though which is a bummer.

This college honestly feels like home I would not have made another decision. I arrive early as possible and leave when the library and computer labs close. Academically, I have been helped and guided to the right path through the students, professors, and other faculty members that are available for assistance. There is motivation and inspiration to keep achieving my goals when I walk through building to building. Not everything is perfect, but its all about the experience and finding your path like I am doing with mine.

Reuel

College of Southern Nevada is a wonderful and fordable college. With their low prices and friendly atmosphere, students are able to freely exercise their freedom and explore the activities surrounding the campus. In academics, College of Southern Nevada has a wonderful faculty that are composed of Doctors in their respective courses.

Ophelia

I will be honest, I was not excited to go to community college, but I am happy and surprised to say that this college actually turned out to be pretty amazing. It is the teachers that really make it worth staying at home for another year for me. My teachers are all very passionate about their subjects, they have all had a lot of experience in their field before they began teaching, and they are always happy to help you. It does not seem like the most exciting place to be but if what you care about most are small classes and a great education, it is perfect.

Erika

My freshman year experience with CSN overall was satisfactory. The tuition cost is lower than UNLV, making it much affordable to attend. I feel that the professors I've had are helpful and intelligent.

Arisha

Overall, I believe that CSN is a good option if you are going back to college after a break or need to take a few classes here and there. It is not a college where there is a lot of participation from students or a place where you will get your college experience at. The teachers here are a hit and miss. Though, most of the time I get decent teachers that do care about your success in the class. Their financial aid department is kind of a joke as it is disorganized and, you will receive different answers for the same question. My best advice is to submit everything as early as possible, as I am sure you will run into issues.

maria

After having a bad experience with Liberty University, I decided to go to my local community college. I did not expect it to be all that great but I was wrong! I absolutely loved it from day one. The cost is tremendously affordable, especially with the help pf the government (FAFSA). Since it is a small campus, it is much more friendlier and attentive to each student in particular. The food on campus is my one and only concern, too expensive for unpleasant food.

Coco

I absolutely love CSN! CSN is the local community college of Nevada, and it is one of the best! It is amazingly affordable, but the multiple campuses maintain great amenities open to all students. The multiple campuses can be found all over Las Vegas, so as to allow any and all students the chance to complete a degree or certificate. Concerning the education, it is mainly up to the professors, who are (mostly) great! Every professor I have worked with has cared for their work and the education of their students, by sharing their experience and curriculum, it is easy to learn from every professor you have. Overall, I love the school, but I love the people even more. I learn from my professors, I learn with my peers, the staff care about the safety and well-being of all. I thank CSN for all the opportunities they have allowed myself and others to have. For a community college, they go above and beyond, to a university's level of quality. I am so happy that I began my college education at CSN.

jamie

I am really pleased that I am attending the college of southern Nevada. I am happy to find out that the instructors are always available and that the class sizes are small. It is very affordable. It is a very safe environment. It is really easy to navigate the campus. I am making many new friends on this campus.

Jenna

College of Southern Nevada is a good option for those who KNOW what they want to do and want to obtain a cheap degree. However, it is not as prestigious as some of the other nearby schools. CSN is also a good option for those who only want to obtain their general education requirements before transferring to another school.

Chloe Joie

When you first walk into College of Southern Nevada, it is like walking into a retirement home for the first time. When you walk in, there are a bunch of seating areas with people you're not sure are awake or asleep. When you're walking deeper into the building you see people sitting in a cafeteria eating and socializing. Once you have finally gotten a chance to speak with another person, they are just as confused as you are. When you continue to your destination, you're late and the room has a spotlight on you for interrupting bingo, I mean class. Finally, you find a spot and speak only when prompted and leave once it is all over.

Micaelah

Try to picture a place where you feel completely at home and comfortable. A place where you are surrounded by amazing people where you can learn something new. This is exactly how I feel at College of Southern Nevada. All of my professors are very helpful and understanding. I couldn't imagine myself any where that is better.

Noreen Ann

It is a great place for learning especially that the professors are all understanding of everyone's situation so they try their best to help everyone in class making sure no one would be left behind. The students as well do their best to help each other and there are a lot of clubs to join into if you want to get to know the community of the college more.

Cody

CSN is a great school with multiple locations around the Las Vegas area. The teachers care greatly about helping their students succeed and are always available for assistance. The campus environment is appealing and all the students are very mature.

The college of Southern Nevada is a community college. As far as extracurricular activities, social groups, and clubs go...there really aren't any. The students just go to get the credits out of the way. People usually mind their own business and do not have an interest in getting to know other people. There really is not much of a student life, but the professors, tutoring services, and the affordable tuition is worthwhile. It gives many students an opportunity to work towards transferring to a university without breaking the bank while providing decent academics and tutoring services. As far as scenery goes, the campus is not the prettiest I have ever seen, but it is not entirely bad either. There are some nice walk ways with trees, but a lot of dirt and dirty sidewalks too. There are a few cafe's and fast food joints on campus, but they are not chain restaurants and are pricey for what you get; however, there are a few restaurants and other convince stores within walking distance off campus. The security is always on guard, so I always feel safe. Overall the College of Southern Nevada is a decent institute of higher education; not completley bad but not outstanding either.

DaniElle

It could be better and it could be worse. There is not enough parking for how many students there are. There isn't enough eating space near the little snack areas, they are always packed because there are so many people. There should be more study areas since the library is always packed. Teachers are either really good or really bad. I haven't found a teacher that is in between yet.Most teachers are nice with office hours, some aren't there during their office hours and don't respond to emails well. People at the book store are usually pretty helpful. What really upsets me about this college is that it doesn't offer scholarships for the students.

Alexis

College of Southern Nevada has a ton of potential if the college administration was run more efficiently. Financial aid is a joke same with the registrar. If something goes wrong with your account, good luck trying to get it figured out. Academics and teachers were good and I enjoyed the actual classes.

Alexis

My overall opinion of College of Southern Nevada is that it is a good and affordable option in comparison to UNLV and UNR. Especially just to take the same general education classes for less money then you can transfer. People shouldn't be afraid to apply for this college especially with how much money university costs.

Vanessa

Average school with great staff

Josett

The College of Southern Nevada is commute school. There is not a lot of activities outside of CSN but I will say the best thing attending here are the classes. The small class sizes are a plus because you get to connect with everyone much better. The professors are the most caring and inspiring people I ever met. Although many students come and go, to finish their degree, I enjoyed meeting different people while attending here. Overall, I was able to find self-growth on the way.

Dana

My overall opinion of College of Southern Nevada is great. The past teachers that I have had were all very good. They were always there to help when needed, and gave clear instructions. College of Southern Nevada is a great school to attend if you work full time. The academic counselors work around with whatever schedule you have to make sure you have the schedule that you like. Lastly, the overall atmosphere of the campus is great. I never feel uncomfortable, it is just a happy surrounding.

Miranda

It is a great staring school for students like me who want a small friendly environment, in a safe accessible place. they are very understanding of my hearing loss. I never feel excluded. the on campus food is really not good, but there is decant coffee and muffins if your dieting. all staff externally polite.

Edrisa

This is a great community college with a wide range of careers fields to study. It has locations all over the Las Vegas Valley to bring education to the door steps of each and everyone. In addition , the fees are relatively cheap compared to other higher institutions in the city.

Aaron

It is good in that the class sizes are not that big and it is easy to communicate with the teachers, but the staff that work there who run student services and those who are suppose to help students are rarely ever helpful and leave many students confused to the point where they drop out of school. This being so because they are not knowledgable of their job and how to help students either. So I would not say it's really the staffs fault, but the state for running the school so poorly.

Adriaun

It is a good college to start your higher education or figure out what interests you in order to know which path to take in the future. The food is great and workers are nice and helpful. Most professors want you to see them for help and are available via email if you couldn't get to their office hours.

Brittney

very diverse i love it you can't change people only opinions. i loved my professor so far, of course, you'll never get fully along with every professor you get but that's why they give way to look up professors which i love the atmosphere is very lovely yes people mind their business but if they don't their very bubbly which i love people need that from time to time. and i love the opportunities and all the cultural differences.

Roberto

A great college full of laid back retired teachers who know their stuff and new teachers who are on the cutting edge of research in their fields. The class sizes are small and very personal with open office hours for most teachers with a nice clean facility in all 3 campuses, which are spread across the valley to accommodate a variety of students in different locations,

Alicia

The culture behind student support is huge. The network of academic support, tutoring, resources available is truly a strong asset to take advantage of. The school has students from every background imaginable, and the desire to ensure each has the opportunity to not only pass classes, but succeed and thrive is seen daily in faculty, facilities, and support services.

Kira

It's alright. There aren't dormitories, and it's okay, the professors are really nice. They're helpful, and always talk to us, and keep pretty regular office hours. They cooperate with us, and they always do their best to try and help us with any problems we have, but there's always a few stragglers that are really strict.

Josue

This is not a place to get the "college experience". It's more of a place you go to get prerequisite classes done and eventually transfer. The students of the campus are reserved to themselves and you don't hear or see much about extracurricular activities. The College of Southern Nevada doesn't have a sports team and it also doesn't have a gym to exercise in. The place is pretty boring but if you choose the right professors for the classes you're interested in you will be pretty happy there.

Chloe

A unexpectedly good college. Professors are relatable, understanding, and tell you their available hours. Some goes as far as to tell you that their schedule is open and they can generally fit you into any part of the day. Most of the teachers there seem to understand the student perspective. They are also updating and adding services to help students like better technology and help centers. Students are encouraged to utilize what they've basically paid for.

Yesenia

I think College of Southern Nevada is a great way to get school done at a good price. It is the place to go to get as many classes done for less or even your whole degree if possible. It is a great school to start at and you really get what you are paying for.

Stacey

I would have a higher opinion overall if the advisers were more helpful. Also if financial aid workers were more knowledgeable and didn't try to just get done with you to go to the next person. Professors are decent. Some are truly amazing but some literally do the bare minimum to receive their paycheck. I highly recommend using rate my professor. I took mostly online courses and I feel that for what I paid for I did not receive the quality I should have. It was however beneficial in allowing me to go back to school after a 15 year gap to gain the confidence to move onto a 4 year institution.

My overall opinion of the College of Southern Nevada is nothing but praise and admiration. From the knowledgeable teaching staff, including professors and student tutor to the many programs we offer at College of Southern Nevada, this college has been a dream come true for me. I am a 47-year African-American male student who currently holds a cumulative GPA of 3.62, who after almost 27 years decided to go back to school and I have not looked back. Not only have I upgraded my skill set for my professional life, personally I have gained tremendous self-confidence and self-esteem in my ability to accomplish anything I focus my mind to.

Bailey

There have been a lot of nice people I have came in contact with but my schedule is not the best. I play softball and I have an athletic adviser but he seems to not like to do his job very well. I do not have a math class for this semester and when I try to come into contact with him I don't get a response half of the time.

Brian

This community college has its ups and downs. My experience with the professors is outstanding and most of them actually try to assist students with their education. Compare to universities, professor in community colleges take the time to help. The classes being small also help with the education. The only downside for my experience is lack of activities to do between classes.

Jose

I enjoy the ambiance of my school. The people are very friendly and it functions just how life outside of high school would be. The professors approach students in order to ensure their success in class and outside of class. There is times when CSN cannot offer what you are looking for such as, precise classes towards a major, but the staff there offers alternatives to reach that point.

Marquise

Its a good school and has come a long way since it opened. there are a lot of opportunities to do things on campus and college is what you make it here. the more you do and the more you involve yourself the more fun that youll have and the greater the experience will be for you.

Chloe

I believe that it is a very well-established school and if only they would build more upon the Henderson campus it would be even more amazing! The professors for the most part are very helpful and are willing to work with you. Students are friendly or they keep to their own.

Sydney

College of Southern Nevada is a respectable institution. The average credit cost is far below the national average, and class sizes are something to be appreciative of. The professors are varied, as one would expect. Some are great and truly passionate about what they teach. Others, however, treat it simply as a means of a paycheck. If you are looking at tuition costs and are absolutely horrified by what you see, I recommend CSN. In the long run, your Associate's Degree really doesn't matter, so why shell out thousands of dollars over it? Get your AA or AS and move on in your academic career a little less in debt.

College of Southern Nevada is a great college for people who enjoy small class sizes, non emphasis on sports, small campus size, and polite as well as caring teachers. All of the students are very friendly and willing to help each other out. The campus is really easy to get to and since it's small, it's really hard to get lost. Teachers, for the most part, are also friendly and each and every one of them want to do everything they can to help their students succeed. I would recommend this college to anyone.

Candace

I love attending CSN. I have friend and faculty that I know. The classes are sizeable and well maintained. The professors are accessible when needed and very good at answering what needs to be answered.