College of the Holy Cross

« See more reviews of College of the Holy Cross

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

-Every student and faculty member is either Catholic or of some other sect of Christianity -Every student and faculty member is Caucasian -Students seem to not want to do anything out of the "norm" (preppy clothing, partying, etc.) -"A 3.4 at Holy Cross is a 4.0 at Harvard": The commonly used phrase used to describe how hard Holy Cross students work in order to achieve gratifying results.

I think that there are alot of stereotypes about the school, many based solely on the name. Because we are "Holy Cross" people think we are a bunch of uber conservative Bible thumpers. People often think that we are rich and closed-minded and only care about J. Crew rather than other people's problems. Those are probably the most prevalent stereotypes.

I'd say the biggest stereotype is that we are a very preppy school. A lot of the students come from private, religious high schools and so people expect to see a lot of popped collars and sweaters when they come up to Holy Cross. Another stereotype is that we work hard during the week and play hard during the weekend.

Holy Cross is seen as a big party school, specifically by people in Worcester. Students are seen as insensitive, and uncaring drunks. Those who aren't affected by our weekends, if they have heard of the school, have deep respect for our academic reputation.

not diverse balcks and whites very segregated I dont consider myself racist in any way and I am very open-minded, but I still have almost no black or asian friends very intense work-load is true bueatiful campus

The students are obsessed with the college's mission statement to be "men and women for others." It's practically a mantra. Most Holy Cross students are Red Sox fans. Students are obsessed with drinking.

-that we're snobby and spoiled because we're all rich and white and have never had anything bad to us happen in our lives. -that we're racists or are not understanding of other races

Sterotypes: That we're either (a) all bookworms who spend our free time in the library, or (b) that we are all alcoholics.

Some of the stereotypes is that the college is a walking Gap ad. Just open up a cataloge and there we all are.

A couple stereotypes are that there is a lot of drinking, and students are rich and kind of snotty.