College of the Holy Cross Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Andre

Rich, preppy, white students that work hard and party hard. Very religious; very catholic. "Little to no race/class interaction" (Princetonreview rankings)

Alex

One stereotype about the students at Holy Cross is that all we do is study and nothing else or that we party just as hard as we study which i would consider true. But besides drinking and passing out somewhere or even worse being transported...there really isnt anything excited to do aroud here...at least not to my knowledge.

Michelle

Some of the stereotypes is that the college is a walking Gap ad. Just open up a cataloge and there we all are.

Molly

Holy Cross students are extremely preppy. The religious aspect of the school is overwhelming.

John

I think that there are alot of stereotypes about the school, many based solely on the name. Because we are "Holy Cross" people think we are a bunch of uber conservative Bible thumpers. People often think that we are rich and closed-minded and only care about J. Crew rather than other people's problems. Those are probably the most prevalent stereotypes.

Ryan

-homogeneous society / lack of diversity -white, conventional, conservative, new england, private school kids -rarely leave campus - bubble- when you go to this school, you begin to lose sight of the real world -you must be both a workaholic and alcoholic -worcester= grey (no sun from october to the last week of school) -high school-esque cliques run this school -be prepared to work your hardest and never get good grades since professors get paid to give out Bs -holy cross takes all your money and you never know where it goes (jesuit mansion?)

Erin

...that the students are all religious, from prep schools, and athletic.

That we're all super smart and/or super Catholic.

that the girls are twigs and are anorexic, and that everyone is really snotty, stuck up and rich, a stereotype about holy cross would be that you have to be catholic in order to become a full member of the holy cross community

There are many stereotypes that all Holy Cross students are the same: snobby rich kids, very athletic, and party harder than imaginable.

Brian

That they are all preppy rich kids who are very snobby and are going to Holy Cross on their parents money.

Connie

That they are rich white preppy kids. Kids who love to drink and have a good time. People who study a ton and then party hard on the weekends.

Chris

Preppy, sheltered white kids.

Mary

The academics are very hard. Holy Cross students are rich, white, preppy Catholics who work hard and party harder.

Quinn

smart. preppy and rich

Charlie

A couple stereotypes are that there is a lot of drinking, and students are rich and kind of snotty.

TJ

-that we're snobby and spoiled because we're all rich and white and have never had anything bad to us happen in our lives. -that we're racists or are not understanding of other races

mike

Preppy, smart, wealthy

Abby

The students at Holy Cross make up a walking J.Crew catalog.

Preppy, New England-y, wealthy, white, Catholic, drunks

Jordan

-Every student and faculty member is either Catholic or of some other sect of Christianity -Every student and faculty member is Caucasian -Students seem to not want to do anything out of the "norm" (preppy clothing, partying, etc.) -"A 3.4 at Holy Cross is a 4.0 at Harvard": The commonly used phrase used to describe how hard Holy Cross students work in order to achieve gratifying results.

Jamie

Sterotypes: That we're either (a) all bookworms who spend our free time in the library, or (b) that we are all alcoholics.

Tate

couldn't tell you. i dont know.

Eric

Some stereotypes are that the students are snobby and all come from wealthy family backgrounds. For the school itself, it is thought of as a college comparable to an Ivy League School.

KC

Holy Cross is seen as a big party school, specifically by people in Worcester. Students are seen as insensitive, and uncaring drunks. Those who aren't affected by our weekends, if they have heard of the school, have deep respect for our academic reputation.

Kim

Really studious, preppy, wealthy

Michelle

White, rich, stuck up

Megan

All girls are skinny Very Preppy and Rich Hard Curriculum Parties on weekends

Matthew

I'd say the biggest stereotype is that we are a very preppy school. A lot of the students come from private, religious high schools and so people expect to see a lot of popped collars and sweaters when they come up to Holy Cross. Another stereotype is that we work hard during the week and play hard during the weekend.

Kristin

Many people think that all Holy Cross students are conservative Catholics from Catholic and private schools. The campus is very homogeneous and there's not a lot to do in the area because Worcester is not the best college town. All of the students come from New England and the east coast.

Maureen

Many people think that Holy Cross students are all rich and snobby whose parents have paid for everything throughout their lives. Holy Cross is supposedly not diverse in the least, everyone dresses the same and acts the same

Nora

Holy Cross and Holy Cross students are often stereotyped as preppy J-Crew kids with a lot of money who could care less about other people.

Jamie

A lot assume that Holy Cross is a "bible preaching" school. The name affiliated with the school gives off the impression that everyone here are religious "fanatics" and walk around preaching about God all the time.

Erin

Everyone that goes here is rich and snobby

Parker

Everyone thinks of all Holy Cross syudents as being extremely religious.. and preppy.

Lily

That we are all religious.

Justin

not diverse balcks and whites very segregated I dont consider myself racist in any way and I am very open-minded, but I still have almost no black or asian friends very intense work-load is true bueatiful campus

David

The are rich and spoiled. They are all irish catholics

Sometimes people stereotype Holy Cross students as being snobby and the College of the Holy Cross as being a wealthy campus lacking in diversity.

They are all rich, white, preppy, smart and party really hard

Jeffrey

The students are obsessed with the college's mission statement to be "men and women for others." It's practically a mantra. Most Holy Cross students are Red Sox fans. Students are obsessed with drinking.

Charlotte

That we are all prissy, white, preppy, wealthy, and stuck up.

Snobs on the hill, JCrew catalogue, "breezies", Stairmaster

Casey

Holy Cross is often seen as a wealthy, mostly white, very religious, alcohol-loving, and elite college.

Tara

One of the biggest stereotypes about HC and HC students is that the school is generally a group of preppy, wealthy, snobby individuals.