College of the Holy Cross

« See more reviews of College of the Holy Cross

Holy Cross is the ideal college for a motivated, intellectual student who wants to broaden his or her worldview. As a consequence of being a small school, classes are very intimate. Professors make the effort to form relationships with the students which allows for richer discussions. Additionally, Holy Cross is a very competitive school and everyone who attends is passionate about learning and achieving their greater life goals. In attending Holy Cross, not only will one learn in the classroom, but thoughtful discussions can be heard in myriad places from the dining halls to common areas in the dorms.

The type of person who should attend this school is a person who wishes to be academically challenged and also wants to feel as part of a community. The person should be mature and caring about others. A student at Holy Cross needs to be able to feel comfortable having their ideas challenged and be able to defend their opinions. Also, teachers and students do foster relationships because of the small class sizes, so a person who attends Holy Cross must enjoy personal bonds with their professors.

Any person interested in a liberal arts education. Any person who wants to have the opporunity to participate in their school community and who does not want to get lost in the crowd at a large school. Any person who does not mind attending a Jesuit school where religion can be part of class discussions.

Someone who's willing to work hard and wants a college with an excellent reputation. If you're not willing to work, you can get C's and enjoy yourself.

A motived and academically gifted individual who is interested in working one on one with professors in a relaxed but challenging environment.

Hard-working, determined, easy-going, compassionate.