College of the Holy Cross

« See more reviews of College of the Holy Cross

If I had to chose the most frustrating thing about my school it would be the amount of stairs there are on campus. Holy Cross is located on Mount Saint James (a huge hill) so there is tons of stairs and walking between classes, but I cannot complain too much it helps with exercise. There is really nothing that frustrates me about the school. I absolutely love it and am glad I decided to come here.

The enrollment process for courses is very frustrating. Everyone in the same year enrolls for classes at the same time, so there are upwards of 700 students on the network competing for classes at 7 in the morning. It's hard to get the classes you want at first, but thankfully it usually works out pretty well in the end after talking with professors, deans, and advisors.

It's definetly trying to balance your work load with your social life. This is true for all colleges. I use to be a straight-A student back in high school, but this school is a whole new level. Getting lower grades might seem discouraging, however it is a major wake-up call and forces you to work harder.

The most frustrating thing about my school is its lack of diversity. It is solely focused on the upper white middle and upper class in terms of culture. I feel that this needs to change and diversity should be implemented immediately before the diversity that is current dissipates.

There is a lot of stress to excel here in the academics. Everybody wants to be the best and are more concerned with getting A's than really having a experience that will help to mold them into who they want to be and where they want to go.

Sometimes it's the lack of communication between what professors actually want out of assignments/papers/exams. Some ask you to make assumptions and then grade harshly when you make the wrong ones.

The housing selection process is maddening and doesn't make sense. They really need a better system. Its easily the most stressful day of the year.

The cost is ridiculous and they gave us a financial aid package at the beginning and then decreased it after I had sent in the deposit.

There is a large focus on drinking as a part of one's social life which can be hard to get used to if you did not drink in high school.

The student body was a bit homogenious: white, catholic, upper-middle class, smart, aware, involved, New England, PA, NY.