College of the Holy Cross

« See more reviews of College of the Holy Cross

When I arrived at Holy Cross I was struck by how different the environment was from high school. I knew there would be stark differences but I was surprised at how much my life and the structure of my life changed. The way work was assigned and the way it was completed, the hours of work, the hours of sleep, the people, the level of involvement, the level of community all changed so dramatically. This allowed me to really do what I wanted and grow in a way I hadn't been able to in high school.

Before I attended Holy Cross, I wish I had invested more time into researching all of the extracurricular activities available. After finishing my freshman year, there are so many clubs that I wish I had initially joined. For instance, the Spanish Foreign Language Assistants (FLAs) organize many casual events throughout the year that are designed to help students use the language skills they acquire in class in a more relaxed environment.

I had not realized how conservative some of the views are. I also wish I had known how limited the social activities are- after freshman and sophmore years the party scene because tiring but there is not much else to do on campus.

I wish I had come in with a major because some majors have a lot of requirements and if you don't start right away your schedule gets difficult to make. You lose flexibility because certain classes are only offered one semester.

Before coming to the school I wish I knew more about the town it is located in, Worcester. The town desn't have much to offer when it comes to social life for college students under the age of 21.

The extreme financial toll it would take on me and my family. Also the abundance of extra curricular activities available to students.

That there is a lot of wind in the winter---it has it's own microenvironment.

How much of a financial burden it was going to be on my family.

How cold it would be and how much the weather sucks!

I should have bought snow and rain boots