Texas City, TX
College of the Mainland

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of the Mainland

Desiree

College of the Mainland is a great and well-known community college. They have good professors who will work with you, great activities during the week during college hour, and great classes that transfer (depending on University). The staff is very friendly and very helpful. There is not one downside to College of the Mainland that I can think of. College of the Mainland has given me the opportunity to better myself as an individual and I thank them for it.

brittanie

It’s a great campus to be on and all the people are great to be around. The professors are great to communicate with. Most of our fellow peers ar great to be around. It’s always a happy atmosphere. There are always great events to go to that provide free food.

Robyne

COM is a great two -year college to get started at! It is nowhere near as expensive as major universities and is a great place to get the basics done at a significantly lower cost. Attending COM is nowhere near as stressful as jumping straight into a four-year university, but gets you prepped for transfer, if that is what you decide on doing.

Susanne

In the time I have been at College of the Mainland, I have learned to become a social bug. I kept to myself and just attended my classes when I first started college. However, I am an active student on campus. The professors are great, and they are the reason I am such an active student. The Student Life department is very supportive of student activities, and they will help guide you through the campus policies or any questions you have. Only down side is that the food is not very good, but they are changing vendors this upcoming semester!

shiloh

I would go back in time to tell my past self that there is so much more than going day to day hoping that life would get better. Once college began I realized that each day that I woke up for class was a better day because not only was I getting a better education but also I was able to breathe another day of life!

The school is really well rounded. They tend to try their best to get their job done as quickly as possible while still providing for the students as well as possible.

Michelle

The most unique aspects of College of the Mainland are the many resources provided by this campus. College of the Mainland facilitates a wide variety of people seeking higher education. From their Veteran Affairs program to their collegiate high school program as well as their child care program, College of the Mainland attempts to provide many avenues to success for their students. Their dedication to providing every opportunitiy for educational, professional, and personal betterment is unmatched by any other two-year colleges.

Before attending College of the Mainland I wish I had known of the many resources and opportunities available to me through this college. I would have attended much earlier if I had known how helpful and kind the faculty and my fellow college students are. Finally, I would have benefitted from knowing about my college’s honor society, Phi Theta Kappa, especially knowing of the many opportunities for leadership and intellectual fellowship that is professionally demonstrated by the exceptional Sigma Delta chapter.

carolyn

My college experience has been a very positive one. I was a homemaker for many years and when I needed to return to work I discovered without a recent college degree it was impossible for me to support myself living in the Pacific Northwest. I was very scared, since I have not been to college for than 20 years, but I started talking online classes from Clark College, Vancouver, WA. Soon, my confidences begin to rise. I took two quarters of online courses. This summer, 2010, I went to full time at Clark on campus and online. I’m planning to transfer the summer of 2011 to a four year college. My future seems a lot brighter, knowing I can earn my bachelors degree.

Dylan

My college experience thus far has been quite the learning experience. It has really opened my eyes to the many different social aspects of our culture when it comes to working with other people to accomplish goals while pushing myself to my own limits. What I mean by all of that is simply that I am able to be in an environment where people are trying to thrive. I get to work with people on trying to solve problems set before me, but at the same time, I am testing what I am truly capable of in the academic world. One of the most important lessons I have learned is that nothing is impossible if you spend enough time on it, generally speaking. There have been projects and even subjects as a whole that I thought I could never finish or learn; however, once I spent enough time on figuring out the problem I was having, solving it became no issue at all. I feel that school has really prepared me for many things to come in the rest of my life that not many other establishments could have done. In the end, my college will assure my entire future.

The only real annoyance with the school is its layout. Trying to pay for classes ends up being a ten mile hike back and forth across campus while trying to figure out who you need to talk to. I believe they are working on constructing a new office building that should cut down the confusion, but until then, the school's layout holds the trump card on unfavorable features. Other than that, the school is an overall good environment.

The students who would really thrive at this school are the students who like using hands-on applications. The class sizes are small, so it is more than easy to get one-on-one time with the professor. They have a wide range of scholastic studies ranging from art to engineering. There are plenty of people willing to help you through school; the primary goal is to not only get you through your classes, but to make sure you understand the material. As a final note, anyone considering attending the school should have a strong will to learn.

Rudy

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior the first thing I would tell myself is, "Don't wait so long to go to college." I know I was not ready to go to college right after high school, and I would not have taken it as seriously and be as focused as I am now. I would tell myself not to wait the twelve years that I did. I can see now that I would be in a much better place if I would have only taken a year or two off and then went to college. I thought making money at the time was much more important until I realized my salary and career would only go so far without a degree. I would tell myself the sooner you get a degree the better your quality of life will be. It's never too late to go to college, just make sure you go. I'm thirty-five now, but I'm closer to my degree than I was five years ago when I finanly decided to go.

I tell them that the school has excellent professors. I also tell them that they have convienent class times and schedules so there should be no excuse to not go. The school has a serious atmosphere but not too serious that you won't enjoy it.

I can't think of anything that really fustrates me about my school other than the cost of going to school, but I know that no matter where you go it's all going to be about the same.

College of the Mainland administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.