College of the Redwoods Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of the Redwoods

Precious

College of the Redwoods is a place to learn in the quiet. Its surroundings are spacious and involve a whole lot of nature. You're surrounded by Redwoods Trees and the fresh scent of nature. The staff and directors are all nice and very welcoming-- not to mention, they remember faces! All of the students there are kind and friendly, make sure to say hi! Most of us are quiet though.

Autumn

It's a very good school and I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience thus far. I am currently in my third semester and have had many supporting and helpful teachers work to make my education accessible and possible. I am highly appreciative of the opportunity I have had by attending College of the redwoods and am excited for all future semesters​ to come and classes to attend.

Gabby

The campus is amongst the forest so the air is clean and transportation by bus is accessible in Humboldt if you do not have a car. If you schedule your classes right you'll have plenty of time to hit up a bathroom before going to class. Everyone that I have met is friendly, and if I have a question to ask, all of the workers are prepared to answer. It's obvious that college of the redwoods is a good place to start your educational career, whether you want a quick degree or transferable credits to Humboldt University.

Matthew

College of the Redwoods is set in the heart of Humboldt county California. The college actually has several sites besides its main campus for greater accessibility to education for the masses. Certificate education, transfer credit, and AA's are available. The campus has a liberal free to it. The main campus is surrounded by redwoods and is 10 minutes away from the beach. The campus is safe at night, however bears, mountain lions, and the occasional nocturnal creature have been scene lurking about. The classroom sizes are small to medium with about 30 student per class. A full range of classes are available including; the arts and sciences, nursing, forestry, public safety, dental assisting, and early childhood education. Certificated are available in real estate, EMT, truck driving, welding, and CAD. The schools most advertised sports are football and basketball, but we also have soccer, volleyball, and cheerleading. There seems to be a place for anyone who wants to earn an education at College of the Redwoods you just have to ask. Our counseling and advising department is top notch and quite accessible for help with individuals educational plan. Our cafeteria is not the greatest. They often run out of many items, however the meals made in house are delicious. I would recommend College of the Redwoods to anyone who save money while getting a quality education. The college is tuition free and charges by the unit. It's set in a beautiful area with many wonders to explore. Come see.

It is a very small community college with a home like feel in the classrooms. You never feel out of place or unwelcome here. The school does not have sports but you can join other groups to feel involved. Over all I have learned a lot so far and really enjoy the professors knowledge of their subjects.

Abigail

I have studied at this college for about 3 years now. College of the Redwoods has its ups and downs, I can tell you that. The courses are relatively easy to get into and most are easy to keep high grades in. The major downside to College of the redwoods is that it always has at least one building or area marked off for construction that will never get done.

Shiloh

College of the Redwoods is a quiet, peaceful college campus. The class sizes aren't too big and all my teachers have been really qualified and accessible. I would definitely recommend this school.

Christine

I love everything about CR. Wether you are a multiple year returning student or a first time, they are there to hell you with everything you need! There are multiple different programs to help students succeed in whatever their goals are. As well as disability student support services to help in anyway need be.

Lila

I attend classes at the College of the Redwoods in Del Norte and not in Eureka, so my rating were based on Del Norte. My overall opinion of CR is that I really like the campus, courses, professors, and the community overall. The staff are very welcoming and understanding as well as friendly. I'm not familiar with on campus housing, especially since the campus isn't big; there aren't any dorms. I live with my parents, so I gave the off campus housing a higher rating than the on campus housing.