College of the Sequoias Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of the Sequoias

Isis

College of the Sequoias is an average school. Most definitely a step above other community colleges in Tulare county, we have a staff that I really do feel is committed to helping students succeed. I have enjoyed my experience at the school and am excited to transfer as I feel prepared.

Zacarias

In my personal opinion, I believe that the College of the Sequoias is a decent community college for those looking to complete their general education courses and transfer to a university. The faculty members are nice, and the counselors give you a warm welcome, yet there are only a handful of teachers who really captivate you in their class sessions. The food offered at COS isn't tasty, and there really isn't anything to do during your downtime between classes. In my overall opinion, I believe that the College of the Sequoias is a decent college.

Sara

It is a small town, you're going to get that small town charm. It doesn't feel overwhelming when you walk on campus. There is always someone to help you out and show you where you need to go. They always seem to be updating something, which makes things nicer. COS is expanding into nearby towns. This makes it easier to get into classes that might fill up fast. I went to the campus in Visalia and in Hanford and it made me get done faster because I didn't have to be on the wait-list. The teachers I had were always available which was very nice. My overall experience at COS was nice. I would recommend people to go there.

Stefni

My opinion is that this is a great college for my first time ever. There are a lot of great resources here. The staff and faculty are nice and generous. I feel safe here when I go to do my homework at the library. The students are also nice well. Great experience for personally.

Veronica

I think that overall College of the Sequoias is a great college choice. It creates a great environment for the students as well as the professors. The professors are extremely helpful to students in providing extra support in their learning. Most students are involved in clubs and other activities through their promotions.

Morgan

College of the Sequoias is located amidst various shops and restaurants near downtown Visalia. Professors are easily accessible and students are very serious about their academics. There are frequent fairs for groups to promote themselves on campus and COS supports local musicians and artists, including alumni.

Alexsa

The Tulare Center is amazing. COS staff are constantly there to make sure you succeed and transfer on time. The athletic counselor is amazing and ensures that students are on the right path for success! In the end COS is the best Junior College to go to!

Mary

Overall, COS has many opportunities to make your college experience successful. I suggest taking a hold of their abundance of clubs, programs, and scholarships they offer so you can move on to the workforce and/or four year university as soon as you can. The campus is beautiful with their greenery and newer buildings. They have new facilities and resources for food as well. It is also located in a prime spot right next to the Visalia Mall as well as many other restaurants and convenient stores. COS also has many activities going on throughout each semester such as guest speakers, blood drives, cultural days, club rushes, fashion shows and much more. You can be sure to find some way to connect yourself at this school.

Natalie

I believe that this is the perfect school to attend after graduating High School. The majority of the professors are accommodating, and the students are welcoming. The Professors are very understanding and focus on the student to teacher interaction so there's a rare chance of failing.

mariah

College of the Sequoias First, off the food, is really good. although the great food, they should have healthier choices. overall they have so clubs to join and make new friends and grow. Not to mention all of the on campus is so great and helpful.

Brooke

My overall opinion of College of the Sequoias is that it is an excellent school. I feel very safe on campus. My teachers are very understanding and always email me back within a proper amount of time. There are many groups to join, as well as events to go to. There are also many sports at College of the Sequoias, which is a good thing. I personally love how nice and understanding the Counselors are.

Ruthie

College of the Sequoias is a great first step for your academic life! It might not be the Harvard of Community Colleges, but it's still a nice fit. The outside fixtures could be a bit updated so it doesn't look so much like a prison, but otherwise the grounds are kept in nice conditions. 85% of the teachers are great and love their job. There are some bad apples, but that will happen anywhere you go. College of the Sequoias has been pretty good to me and I'm grateful that they were able to help me get a jump on my education.

Sloane

Amazing and has great commodities for being an community college. Offers a variety of courses to suit multiple interests. Teachers are especially great at giving detail and attention to each student. Lovely yard and plenty space to hang out with friends.

Cindy

College of the Sequoias is a pretty great place to come to especially if you wish to transfer. I think that overall the classes are very enriching and tend to challenge you to your best potential. The school offers many great resources and programs to help you with academic work and with financial assistance, which is great when it comes to buying books and materials. I would suggest finding one counselor you feel comfortable going to and stick to them because at times you may find yourself somewhat confused and getting different information if you constantly see different counselors. The professors are usually always available for you during their office hours, and if not then you can always contact them via email and they tend to be quite good at getting back to you. Overall I would say College of the Sequoias is a good option to consider if you want to save some money, and then transfer out somewhere else. They try their best to work with you to make sure you are able to take the classes you need and get you going towards your goal.

April

The College of Sequoias have a nice clean campus. Lots of Staff everywhere to help. Resources and Advocates. Programs for people who are in need. Help and support for financial stability. Always take care of you, everyone; staff is mostly available.

Antonio

Sports are huge in this valley. There are hidden gems in all departments. A lot of the professors were extremely active in theeir chosen fields and have a lot to offer anyone who is interested in seriously learning. The art department is a personal favorite with a nice variety of courses. The teachers are incredibly talented.

Andrea

My opinion on this college is that i do enjoy learning new things and also meeting new people but there's some things that just don't go well. The food is the same thing over and over again plus there isn't a lot of varieties which i hoped there was more of. The people are nice and the professors are nice but kinda hard to get a hold of.

Eduardo

College of the Sequoias is honestly a really great school if you need there’s a program or tutors ready to help you . And there’s a math lab with really great math assistant that knows what they are doing.

Eduardo

This is my first year going into the College of the Sequoias, however I am currently enrolled in a summer class at the moment. So far, I really do enjoy being a college student much more than a high school student. It is way more different, like you can choose what time and days out of the week you want to go to your classes. It is also a different environment where people keeps to themselves rather than some of those that are a bit on the loud side. So I really do like it, and I will achieve my Associates Degree to go on to do better things out there in life!

Jalisa

College of the Sequoias has a tight-knit and passionate art department. If you're looking into getting into the arts, there are several instructors more than willing to help you answer all your questions. I've learned about local resources, workshops, opportunities off-campus, and more. We even have an active print club Printworks has been established since 2001 that serves as the campus art club. Our main focus in the club is fundraising to provide affordable summer workshops for the students by artists usually out of state. These can vary from printmaking to mold making to bookmaking. There are annual art auctions with donated prints from artists all over the country, student art shows, a gallery often featuring visiting artist works, and we've recently had Chico State's art collection shown at our school. The student and faculty provide such a friendly environment that I've thoroughly enjoyed any art class I've been part of. While there has been a tradition of printmaking in the art department, that isn't to say there aren't other mediums! We have talented painters, digital artists, ceramicists, and others all willing to give you the opportunities to learn not only the craft but often the technical trade behind it. Learning to mix ceramic glazes, stretch canvas, and maintain litho rollers are all extra experience I've been provided. I believe that if you want to make memories and improve your art skills with established instructors, then the art department College of the Sequoias is for you. Hope you love the community college!

April

College of the Sequoias is a very good campus with great resources for the students, a lot of academic classes along with electives. They provide daycare for parents, there is a huge parking lot. They also have a health center with a lot of different resources

Cynthia

College of the Sequoias is a beautiful school that gives its students many opportunities! It’s always clean and very organized. I love the staff; they’re really nice and helpful. There is plenty of parking as well. I’m very glad I chose to attend this college!

Alejandro

My overall opinion for the school is that I been told many great things about the school. My two older brothers both go and they have a good time when they go. It's tough because it is actually college Math and English. Corcoran High school doesn't prepare us because the teachers don't know how to teach properly and our own principal make it hard for them seniors.

Madison

I believe the College of the Sequoias is a nice community college for the Tulare county area and is a better option that others close by. There isn’t a huge focus on some of the majors though. It’s like it’s Agriculture or nursing and that’s about it. The class sizes are also usually large so there isn’t much one on one in the classroom environment.

As a fellow alumni of College of the Sequoias but also a continuing student there as of to date. My experience at this college has been nothing but great and positive. They offer a lot of student services and the teachers are very helpful/ understanding to all students needs. Overall great experience and would recommend any student to go apply.

Arianna

It’s a pretty decent college. You’re there for school, it gets the job done. The Professors are pretty good with teaching & grading some are not. Counseling however isn’t that great. Try to get into AAC or EOPS & schedule an appointment with their counselors they care more. They owe you on track & tell you exactly what classes to take. A great amount of people graduate from COS, it’s good school with a small community.

Cindy

Most professors are willing to help students succeed and encourage students to reach out if help is needed. There’s a wide variety of resources for students struggling academically. We have the writing center as well as tutors online and in person available to aid students in homework. Overall, this is a great school that is focused on making sure students graduate.

Socorro

I am happy for the most part everyone is helpful. A couple that aren’t as helpful or don’t know much. For the most part all my classes have been online. Wonderful and knowledgeable teachers that you can email any time for help. I recommend their programs to everyone.