Weed, CA
College of the Siskiyous

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of the Siskiyous

The staff is really friendly and are always willing to help you.

The staff is really friendly and are always willing to help you.

kelli

Anyone would consider themselves lucky to go there. Our Campus is amazingly beautiful.. I mean come on Mount Shasta is our back drop. Our professors are all amazing. The faculty and staff go out of their way to help you. We may not be some huge University, but we are more like one big Family. We are a rural area with one of the Top RN programs Northern California has to offer. Our Administration of Justice program cant be beat, Michelle Korwaski has to be the most knowledgeably person in regards to the justice system their is. We now have a full Policy Academy , full EMT training and Fire fighters course. our ECE program is great.I have classmates in my online courses that live in Vegas, Indianapolis. We have a program enabling High School Students to attended. WE have it all LOCATION ...full seasons ski resort in our back yard some of the most beautiful lakes and rivers, Fishing , hunting I dont know of any other college that can offer what COS brings to the Table. I actually challenge any other community college to try,,,,, I dare you ...I double dare you... BRING IT ON!!!!

Small college, which offers pros like excellent student to teacher ratio, but also means less opportunity for community and career growth. Dorms are pretty outdated, as well as cafeteria. But the science building and natural surrounding are excellent for those looking towards an environmental/science major. Overall, a quaint school in a stunning setting with friendly people but confinements of a small town.

Kaly

College of the Siskiyous is like any other college. The experience you have is what you make of it. There are many things to do outdoors and many beautiful areas to hike. There is also an indescribable view of Mt. Shasta. What I appreciate most about the College of the Siskiyous is that it pushed me to get creative with my free time and to find others to spend time with. It is also very easy to fall into the wrong crowd, so it pushes an individual to find good friends, willing to care enough to hold you accountable. Being a small college, it is almost guaranteed that you'll find friends who make you feel at home, like family. For all of these reasons, I will always be able to look back to my experience and appreciate the College of the Siskiyous.

Brien

This college is behind times with tech and social acceptance. The school is a sport school filled with jocks. The sports are good and create many transfer students. Not many students graduate this past year only 200 graduated out of a school population of 2500. Also the city population is only 3000 so it is pretty small compared to other college cities.

Sherri

The people at the college are very friendly and helpful. I have run into unsure situations with my own class schedule, but I always get help and clarification. I love this school and I'm proud to wear their gear to support them.

Katherine

My classmates are friendly, helpful and goal oriented.

My classmates are friendly, helpful and goal oriented.

If I could go back in time I would make the time to study harder and get better grades in High School. I do not think I learned very good study habits, I think good study habits would really have helped me this first year in College. I would also have saved my money. College is expensive, books, tuitition, dorms, cafeteria it all costs money. I appreciate the time I am spending in College making a change for my future. I also wish that I had the opportunity to visit more California campuses that way when I graduate I would have a better idea of which school to transfer to.

There is not anyone that shouldn't attend this school, College of the Siskiyous is an amazing place.

Michelle

Michelle here are some things that you can do to make the college transition more beneficial to you. One; get good grades. Having a high gpa will make you stand out in competition for tough universities, and high rewarding grants and scholarships. Two; research your dream schools. Study their admission pages, learn what they have to offer, and learn about what the requirements are. Make notes of admission deadlines, and be prepared to turn in your application on time. Apply for everything early ensuring all things necessary have time to fall into place, and if you made any mistakes you have time to fix them. Three; apply for as many scholarships as possible. Money is a requirement to obtain a degree. You have to think of all the little and big bills you will have. Tutition or registrartion fees, books (which are exspensive and necessary), rent, transportation expences, electricity, water, heating, cell phone, internet, computer, food, etc. Living is expensive, and any type of free money is going to benefit your education so much. The last thing I have to tell you is have patience with yourself. One step at a time, you will get there.

I consider the boring factor to be one of the worst things. Classes are great, teachers and councilers are amazing, however out of the classroom and after homework there are very few things you can invest your time into. There are sports, drama, and art. If you are not involved in any of that there are very few options to what you can spend the rest of your time doing. There are hardly any jobs or internships. There are no concerts nor student run organizations to join. Basically everyone is just waiting to get out, which is sad.

The most frustrating thing about College of the Siskiyous (COS) is the lack of student activities and school spirit. A constant complaint from COS Students is that it is boring. Siskiyou county is rich in outdoor activitiy opportunities that are often gone to waste or not even utilized by the students. I would love to see organized student clubs that utilizes this areas resources. Right now anything recreational a student wants to do is on an individual basis. I think having recreational clubs, programs, etc. stemmed from the college would create a richer community that students would take pride in.

Hayley

My situation is rather different than most. I technically never was a High School senior. I graduated my Junior year from a charter school and I had already been taking classes at the community college for two and a half years. If I had continued school normally I'd be a senior now, but I'm almost finished with my Associate's degree. I think what I would have told myself when I was 14 and went into my first college class, I would have said "Don't be nervous, you won't fail. Even though classes will feel like they drag on forever and you'll barely have the money or patience to keep going, there is an end and all the money and time you spent will be well worth it in the end. You're going to make very good grades (except in Math you'll get a C) and you're going to make more friends when you're not so much younger than everyone else. You'll be just fine. You won't fail, in fact you excel, and don't stop playing the piano in between classes. You'll play beautifully with practice."

Our school campus is beautiful. We can see Mount Shasta from the campus and there are many plants and flowers around (when it's not freezing). Our school also offers a lot of resources such as support hours and writing and math labs. If I had to choose just one thing to brag about though, it would be that our school isn't very crowded. After everyone drops in the first week, most classes don't have more than 20 people.

Corinna

My school is in the mountains, with a very beautiful view of Mount Shasta.

My school is in the mountains, with a very beautiful view of Mount Shasta.

I would say self you need to go to college get the best education you can get. If I do not I will go nowhere in life. I will work at low paying jobs and never have any savings to fall back on. I would tell myself how important getting a good job when your young, like a union job. I would graduate high school and go into college so I could start my career early in life. I would wait to finish school before having a family to take care of also. Going on to college from high school will be much easier than returning to school after being out for several years. Education is very important to the rest of your life, it is the foundation of the begining of my life.

The other students and the staff are just wonderful. You can get into a class and feel that you are in a big family. Most of the students will help you out in anyway they can. Getting a study group together is easy and we have fun studing. I was scared to death the first day I went to school, and within a wek I felt at home at The College of The Siskiyous.

College of the Siskiyous administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.