College of the Siskiyous Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for College of the Siskiyous

Brien

This college is behind times with tech and social acceptance. The school is a sport school filled with jocks. The sports are good and create many transfer students. Not many students graduate this past year only 200 graduated out of a school population of 2500. Also the city population is only 3000 so it is pretty small compared to other college cities.

Kaly

College of the Siskiyous is like any other college. The experience you have is what you make of it. There are many things to do outdoors and many beautiful areas to hike. There is also an indescribable view of Mt. Shasta. What I appreciate most about the College of the Siskiyous is that it pushed me to get creative with my free time and to find others to spend time with. It is also very easy to fall into the wrong crowd, so it pushes an individual to find good friends, willing to care enough to hold you accountable. Being a small college, it is almost guaranteed that you'll find friends who make you feel at home, like family. For all of these reasons, I will always be able to look back to my experience and appreciate the College of the Siskiyous.

Small college, which offers pros like excellent student to teacher ratio, but also means less opportunity for community and career growth. Dorms are pretty outdated, as well as cafeteria. But the science building and natural surrounding are excellent for those looking towards an environmental/science major. Overall, a quaint school in a stunning setting with friendly people but confinements of a small town.

Sherri

The people at the college are very friendly and helpful. I have run into unsure situations with my own class schedule, but I always get help and clarification. I love this school and I'm proud to wear their gear to support them.

Dori

College of the Siskiyous is a two-year college in California, one of the few that have on-campus housing. I LOVE the campus, which is small, easily walkable and accessible. Many of the professors have doctorates (only a Master's degree is required to teach at a junior college) who teach here because they want to live here, so we benefit from that, and both the administrative staff as well as the instructors are easily accessible. Our music and theater programs are headed up by award-winning performers and professors. There are clubs to participate in, but it's not a busy, busy campus - which for me, makes it much easier to stay focused on my studies. COS also provides a wealth of resources to help you succeed and for being such a small, rural school, the student population is actually pretty diverse. This is also a really beautiful campus at the base of a massive mountain and it's a great place to attend school if you love the outdoors, as that's the predominant activity here - enjoying the pristine natural splendor of this area - lots of hiking, disc golf courses (including one on campus), skiing in the winter, lakes and rivers everywhere. Just a short drive north is a larger university town. Many students eventually transfer to that university, and the town also provides a lot of cultural and social activities.

kelli

Anyone would consider themselves lucky to go there. Our Campus is amazingly beautiful.. I mean come on Mount Shasta is our back drop. Our professors are all amazing. The faculty and staff go out of their way to help you. We may not be some huge University, but we are more like one big Family. We are a rural area with one of the Top RN programs Northern California has to offer. Our Administration of Justice program cant be beat, Michelle Korwaski has to be the most knowledgeably person in regards to the justice system their is. We now have a full Policy Academy , full EMT training and Fire fighters course. our ECE program is great.I have classmates in my online courses that live in Vegas, Indianapolis. We have a program enabling High School Students to attended. WE have it all LOCATION ...full seasons ski resort in our back yard some of the most beautiful lakes and rivers, Fishing , hunting I dont know of any other college that can offer what COS brings to the Table. I actually challenge any other community college to try,,,,, I dare you ...I double dare you... BRING IT ON!!!!

The staff is really friendly and are always willing to help you.