College of William and Mary Top Questions

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Marissa

The College of William and Mary is a medium-sized liberal arts school located in Williamsburg, Virginia, with an emphasis on undergraduate research. As the second oldest school in the country, the College has a rich history that is rooted in tradition. The students there really love it, as evidenced by our "Tribe Pride," which is in abundance (just look at the number of students in W&M t-shirts!). There are a lot of in-state students and Northern Virginia (NoVa) has a large representation. But there lots of students from across the country and from around the world. William and Mary is a more selective institution (~32{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}), and classes are meant to challenge you. Even though exam time can become quite stressful, there is no cutthroat competition among students, and professors know most students by name, so they are willing to help out those who ask. Williamsburg is very historical and not a huge bustling city. But Newport News is only a half-hour away, so if you want to see the city, you can. Students and graduates of the College are respected.