McKinney, TX
Collin County Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Collin County Community College District

Janell

Probably one of the best decisions i've made in life. I saved my mother a ton of money. Collin worked around my schedule and really helped me stay focus on what I wanted to do in life. The classes are small, there's easy access to teachers etc.

Popular groups are manly study groups, and christian groups. ART is the star thing here mainly.

The students at my school are very diverse, they kinda do their own thing which I enjoy a lot. No one is ever worried about anyone else, they all just kinda do their own thing.

The academics are incredibly insightful, reliable and well taught.

Anah

The best thing about Collin County Community College is the low tuition rates. It's a very nice school, the perfect size for my needs, and has several campuses in our area offering classes in subjects from dancing, arts and languages to computer skills, business, and science. This is the community college everyone can attend.

Betty

If I could go back and talk to my senior self I would probably have to yell at her rather than just talk to her. I would advise her to focus more on books rather than boys. I got pregnant in high school and did not have the opportunity to go to college the traditional way. Here I am 20 years later trying to juggle college, work , and a family all at the same time. This has been extremely difficult but rewarding. It is taking me twice as long as it would have had I been more focused when I was in high school. I think my senior self would probably roll her eyes at me because let's face it, all kids think they know everything.

If I had to pick one thing to be the worst thing about my school it would be the lack of classes offered online when I need them. I am currently enrolled in the Business Managment degree program and prefer to take online classes. They only offer 1 to 2 classes per sememster online and that means I may be waiting awhile or have to juggle my work schedule in order to take the classes I need. I am not sure if this is due to a lack of interest or a lack of staff.

When telling friends and associates about my school the most improtant thing to me is convenience and cost. The school is located close to my home and this allows for a short travel time. Cost is also a huge factor as I am an adult student working my way through my degree. The minimal cost allows me to pay for school as I go.

Kinsey

This school has so much to offer. The staff is so generous and helpful and really wants everyone to do well and graduate. I think it's a great school.

There are many study groups you can join around the campus.

The students are really hard working and want to do everything they can to graduate.

The academics are incredible. We have teachers that really want to help you do well. We have writing centers and math centers so if we need extra help, we can join one of the centers.

elizabeth

This communinty college was a great school to begin my scholastic adventure.

This communinty college was a great school to begin my scholastic adventure.

Most of the professors were extremely passionate about the subject being taught. This school was a community college so the financial aspect was a huge reason for attending this school.

dalton

most classmates are friendly and very like minded in what they are trying to achieve at the college. they are easy to get along with and work with

I would make sure i know the importance of really deciding and keeping an open mind to what i would want to major in. i would really make it clear to myself on how important it would be to develop the test taking and studying skills that are often over looked in high school that are needed to really be successful in college. Coming into college without them, makes adjusting to the colllege work ethnic and lifestyle very hard for people like me. Lastly, i would recommend learning how to establish priorities in my academic career. Making school my top prioriety then work and a social life, that is the order to have a successful time in college for myself and they are things i wish i would have known and understood before taking the step from senior to freshman. these things would have helped me start off on the right foot towards success

I have only attended one semester at this school so far but I have already met a lot of really interesting people. People from all over the country majoring in all kinds of fields. My favorite part of meeting all these different people is getting to learn what motivated them to choose the major that they decided upon.

If I could go back and talk to myself from high school I would tell myself to start getting into better study habits now rather than trying to devlop them later on. I would also tell myself to not be so worried about starting college because while it is very different from high school it's not a bad or scary thing it's actually way better than high school. It's a place full of amazing people and professors and you learn so much so quickly and it's wonderful and you have no reason to be scared and to make sure to enjoy your time instead of worrying so much about your future. I'm sure as I attend college more than just ine semester I would be able to add so many things to what I'd say to my high school self but right now those are the most important things I can think of.

I wish I had a better understanding in high school of how AP classes worked so that I could have taken those only in high school instead of in both high school and college. I also wish I would have had a better understanding of options for getting textbooks at a better price but still good quality.

Adelaide

Your success ultimately depends on you, but it can be made easier or harder depending on what faculty members you're interacting with.

"Hey Addie, what's up?" "Woah, are you me?" "Yeah, from the future. I'm supposed to give you advice on college." "We're in college?" "Didn't think we'd make it huh?" "Honestly, after we went to the hospital I didn't think we'd graduate high school." "Yeah, well we made it through that, albeit after a few weeks of goofing off and one tattoo later. Anyways about that advice..." "Where'd we get into?" "Community College, we took a break after the hospital thing. We needed it." "Are you kidding me? That's so embarassing. God I feel like such a loser." "That's the first thing you need to stop doing. Stop beating yourself up. That's what got us in the hospital in the first place, remember? College can be difficult, but it's much easier if you take care of yourself mentally. There are lots of people who care, and colleges even have resources for students struggling with depression. Take advantage of that. A positive mind is the first step in setting yourself up for success, and in college people understand that." "I guess that makes sense." "Anything else?" "Did the tattoo hurt?"

I wish I'd known how to teach myself more. Some professors are always available for tutoring, some are never available. Some professors clearly outline their expectations and what you need to learn, others are vague. Some professors are lenient, others are very strict. Interestingly enough the ones that fall into at least one of the latter categories fall into the latter categories of the rest. It can be difficult but if you look for teachers that are more available then you can at least get enought of an idea of the course to pass.

Catherine

We are best known for our fabulous academic programs and academic excellence. We have many students that transfer to top universities such as Yale and Cornell. Our nursing program is one of the top in the country and we cater to every single kind of student. We even have a center where professors come and teach from 4 year univerities so people with jobs currently do not have to go far to obtain a 4 year degree.

Dear High School Self as a Senior, Work your butt off. I know senior year will be somewhat uneventful due to completing most of your schooling already, but invest in what you want for the future. Take a look at some more foreign languages, you will thank yourself. Also, study math more. You will need it to complete your degree and do not let anyone tell you that you are stupid because you have trouble understanding it. You are a smart, strong young adult. And you have the whole world waiting for you once you start college. You will take off a semester before you start. That was probably the best thing you could have done. And take a job and work during that period. It will foster your fire to learn, showing you that you do not just want to be stuck filing papers all day. Be something, help people, and take time for yourself: these are some of the most important things you can do when you transition. Sincerely, Catherine (Age 21, Sophomore)

When considering the worst thing about my school, my mind drifts to academic advising. We are not assigned advisors at our school, and the ones that are available do not know what they are doing if you are applying to transfer anywhere outside of the state. They just are unknowledgeable on most things pertaining to advising. The school is currently working to improve this, but it is unfortunate for current students.

Collin County Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.