Collin County Community College District Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Collin County Community College District

Austin

It’s a great place!

Micah

Collin County Community College District is a great college that opens doors to countless students for a low price. I attended both the Spring Creek and the McKinney campuses over my year and a half there. I preferred the McKinney campus when it comes to cleanliness and the calmness of the campus; however, Spring Creek was my first option for the location. The majority of the teachers are qualified; however, I believe some need more training at how to be good teachers. The student body there is what you would expect from any college; I have no issue with them.

Quincy

A place to meet nice people and very friendly to international students.

Julia

Collin College is great if you are right out of high school and want to cut-down on the cost of college, or if you are an adult trying to go back to school. The campuses are relatively new, and are always being improved. The professors are all very passionate about what they teach and you can tell that they love working at Collin. You can also find classes that will fit with your schedule as there are classes Monday through Saturday and with classes that start as early as 8AM or as late as 7PM.

Bailey

It is a great place to do your first 2 years of classes. It is very cheap, and there are multiple locations available. I would suggest doing classes here to anyone who is paying for school on their own and looking to save money. They have many special programs at this school as well

I am currently only taking one class so it's hard to gauge what life as a student at collin is really like. Its also important to keep in mind that it is a community college so if you're hungry for a college social life you may need to work towards being apart of groups and different clubs.

Isabel

GREAT choice if you don't want debt! I am a very ambitious student and I wanted to go straight to a 4-year university, but since the colleges I really want to go to are so expensive, I had no choice by to go to Collin. But I am very glad I did, because it's a really good school. It's easy to get ahead and shine in your class if you make an effort, and the professors are really helpful and chill.

Maggie

Overall it is a good college. Academically, it is more suited for those who want to transfer to a 4-year university or those who want to obtain an associates degree. This community college is partnered with some of the surrounding 4-year university, which makes transferring a painless transaction. There are transfer guides that tell you EXACTLY which each Colling course would correspond with at any of the partnered universities. Personally, the education I have received at Collin has been extremely beneficial to me in the pursuit of my educational goals. Not to mention, the cost of tuition is way more affordable at Collin than at any university, so it helps immensely in lowering the overall cost of obtaining a higher education. There are many useful resources offered to Collin students through the college for no added cost. Collin has career counseling, academic counseling, an abundance of guest speakers, and much more available to its students, all of which are easily accessible. I have found these services to be very useful for helping develop and refine which path I want to take to reach my education and career goals. Collin has multiple campuses, which makes it more accessible to different areas, and they are planning on building more campuses in the future to further their reach. I work while attending classes, and I have found it easy for me to find classes that work around my work schedule. While it may not have the appeal of the "full college experience", Collin is an exceptional school that is flexible and has much to offer to help its students reach their goals.

Chrystal

The school is a great place for a beginning college student to get their basics for cheap, the school has a well involved staff that cares for their students and their degree. At the moment I'm attending the school to take all the classes that deal with getting my degree in 2020. The total cost of four classes was about less than 700 for a semester and that very helpful for students that may not have the money but still want to go to college. Collin county is the best!!!!!!

Madison

I am currently a second-year student at Collin County Community College District. It is sadly my last year too because I am transferring to the University of Michigan. I know 100% the effort of the teachers and the quality education I earned and gathered, that it bettered me for the future. I would not have gotten into my dream school of the University of Michigan, but Collin gave me two years to maintain a 4.0 GPA and to have the best professors ever. I will be very open to the fact that I hated the idea of community college, and I was wrong to think like that. Going to the community college helped me create a supportive environment so I could pull back and decide what I wanted to do for my future. It was super inexpensive and they gave so many scholarship opportunities for the younger and older community at the school. The class sizes were small, around 10-40 people to a room. It was so easy to talk to teachers in a safe and personal environment. When we couldn't talk to them in class, they opened the doors of their offices to us. I really do owe Collin Community College so much. It helped me not only save money but made me feel smart and confident in myself. I felt like I learned so much and it helped me decide that I wanted to further my path of Art History because of the amazing classes and professors I came upon. To put it in effect. when I opened my University of Michigan acceptance letter, I cried tears of joy and disbelief, and then I remembered, Collin gave me the tools and patience in becoming the best student I could be!

Collin College has been a blessing in disguise for me. I was still unsure about what career path I wanted to take, so I decided to complete my first two years, my basics, at a community college. As of right now, Collin College has three different campuses that students can attend, which is awesome because it gives the student variety and also provides more class and teacher options. Collin College is planning to expand and add two more campuses within a few years, spreading their mission of inexpensive, yet quality education. Even amongst other community colleges, Collin's tuition rates are wildly low in my opinion. Collin offers out-of-state, in-state, and in-county tuition. For students living in Collin County, tuition for a full-time student at 12 credit hours is only $576. My favorite thing about Collin College is that even though it's a community college, the teachers are still excellent and they still provide quality teaching and want for you to succeed. I had multiple teachers put in crazy amounts of effort to make sure I understood the course content and offer advice for my future career. I admire my college because their mission is clear and true. There are no gimmicks, no hidden fees waiting to jump out at you. At the end of the day, Collin College simply wants to provide quality education at the lowest possible cost to you.

Dion

Good college.

Rachael

Collin is a fantastic school. I have felt so taken care of and supported during my time there. All of my professors have done a great job at teaching material, making sure the content is understood, and being accessible for any and all questions. This school is safe, comfortable, and prepares its students for bigger universities or to attain degrees offered at the school.

Jeremiah

Collin was a great way to be ushered into the college life. The environment was not too fast paced, and the overall feeling was not as overwhelming as most colleges tend to be. I loved the small class sizes which made access to professors so easy! Besides that, the entire teaching and learning experience was awesome! Great school!

Emma

The parking lot is terrible, and the school should be remodeled, it has one elevator in the whole building. But, most teachers are eager to help. No one lives on campus at my campus, so it's not very tight-knit. Right next to a big shopping plaza, which is nice.

Catherine

It's a great value for your money. Campus life barely exists, but the education is great if you make it great. Professors are easily accessible, and resources are good. Plano campus is full of high school students, but Frisco campus is much more collegiate.

Alicia

I believe that overall Collin College is a great school. I like how the school is good at managing their upkeep on the outside and the inside, so the college always looks clean. I also like how most of the professors that I had have are usually good about helping students if they have questions about the lecture ad if we need any help we can go to the math/writing/science lab, which is free on-campus help from tutors.

Paige

Going into my college experience, I wasn't particularly excited about going to Collin College. I saw the school as simply a stepping stone to save money on my way to larger schools. But now that I'm graduating from Collin in a couple of months, I'm somewhat sad to go. The classes challenge you, the students are diverse and friendly, and for the most part the faculty is top notch. I've had friends from bigger, more well known schools tell me many of my assignments are more hands-on and in-depth than many of their own. This makes me feel like I got a quality education and the school definitely gave me more than my money's worth.

EGLOU

Great school to attend with high level of education. They School has a high standard for the students to follow and that is what make attractive to many population around the world. It is diverse campus. Their communication tools is effective through cougar web. I will take as much of my classes there before I transfer to University of Texas in Dallas

Laura

It is an ok school.

Ariana

Collin County Community Colleges are fantastic! I attend the Plano campus and it is absolutely beautiful. The library is huge, the staff is beyond helpful, the professors I've had are all kind and always available for office hours or contacted by email.

As a freshman in college, Collin is a great place to go if you are looking for a smooth transition from high school to college. The campus is small, but there are many opportunities to get involved, and the classes are small, so professors are personable and available to assist with any issues students have. Collin is also a great way to complete core classes without spending an exorbitant amount of money. Over all, I would highly recommend attending!

It's a really chill place. It's my first semester there so there's not very much that I've noticed yet, but the profesors are nice and considerate of your well-being. It's also very easy to find your classes and the staff there are willing to help you in any way that they can. A lot of the students there that I've met so far are kind too.

Robert

I like it a lot; the professors are nice, the college is clean and maintained, the classes are challenging, and it's the perfect school for someone wanting to start out or finish up their classes. It's also extremely affordable, keeping me on track to hopefully being debt-free once I graduate.

Danielle

I love the school. Most of the teachers are great! They care about what they teach. The art program is wonderful! I enjoy every day I am there. The library is huge. The only downside is parking can be a bit of a hassle. Overall, a wonderful school to be attending.

Paige

Great small college! The professors that I have actually care, they make time for students. It's not as fun as a big university and you don't have as many chances to get to really know fellow students, but it's a great value! Save money, get a good education.

Mia

Collin College, although small, is a very efficient and dependent community college. The academics itself are great within the campus and the professors as well. The college is very comfortable considering it is a community college and not a university. It is also very easy to access the facilities and staff on campus as well. The only downside is that out of the three locations they have of the college- Frisco, Plano, and McKinney, McKinney is the nicest one. It's not that the other campuses aren't nice but not as nice compared to the McKinney one. The students that attend Collin college are very respectful and motivated. Collin college is more of a place to start rather than a place to end for most people considering it is open acceptance. Overall, the campus is affordable, well connected with other schools, provides great academic courses with variety, a comfortable size, in a nice environment, and one of the best community colleges within the Dallas area.

Guy

For a community college such as this, it is excellent. The class sizes are small, with zero to few auditorium lectures. The facilities are well kept, and it feels safe to be out at any time of day. Because it is only a community college, there is no housing.

Kyle

Collin College does exactly what it's supposed to: teach kids for a fair price. The school is pretty bare-bones, and the students mostly stick to themselves. However, the school is a phenomenal stepping stone which offers some great classes for great prices. If you know what direction you want to head in, but may not be financially ready for a 4 year school: this school is for you.

maniya

My overall opinion about Collin County Community College District is that it's a good place for students to go if they are indecisive on what college they want to attend or even if they don't have the money to afford to go to an university at the moment. Collin College helps students get their core classes out the way and also help students get their associates before they head on out to a university. Attending an community college has its disadvantages and advantages but one of the most advantages is that it's cheaper.

Daniella

It is a great community college. They make you feel like you can do it, and not bring you done. My first semester was a struggle, but I got to know my professors. They helped me help quite a bit. It is not a big campus, but it is a good size for a community college.I have enjoyed it! I can not wait to go back for another year!

Tyneeka

Collin College is an excellent 2 year school that offer a lot. My first year here was great the teachers that I had were very cool and caring about the students. The people here are very friendly and ease to talk to, the campus is pretty safe, and its a good environment to be in. The only downside about Collin is there is not a lot of fun things to do and the cafeteria food is ok but other than that I would give it a good rating overall.

morgan

Collin County Community College District is a great Community College that I have enjoyed my first year enrolled in college at. I as currently a Sophomore at The Colony High School and in Collegiate Academy to earn my Associates of Arts by the time I earn my GED in 2020. I currently have 9 hours and from that I have enjoyed every professory that I've had. Every class has influenced me in some way that has bettered me. Along with the great classes the Preston Ridge Campus in which i attend during summer classes has clean and safe facilities.

Evan

Collin College is a well-rounded stepping stone school. Many of the professors are very knowledgeable and are open to student interaction; they provide a variety of study techniques for their classes and keep regular office hours (both online and in person) and can be very understanding and flexible with students. The student body is diverse and unique. The school has art departments for both music and visual, as well as a physical education department, and provide academic resources including a Writing Center, a Math Center, an extensive library, and free tutoring. However, it is up to the student to take initiative and join these programs and utilize the many academic resources to the extent that the student needs them.

Bryan

Collin is a well organized community college that focuses well on its students and has professors that care about a young adults success. Although, it is somewhat difficult to interact and get into clubs on campus it is still a nice friendly community to be a part of.

Caleb

Collin College has a great Interpreter Education Program. It is a 6 semester program which includes two summer semesters. The program has provided me with the needed skills to take the interpreter certification exam. They also offer transfer options to UNT or TWU for a bachelors degree once finishing the Interpreter program.

Bartlett

This spring marks my 4th semester at Collin and at the end of every semester I look forward to returning. I enjoy the Central Park Campus, always clean and easy to navigate. I've enjoyed my time at Collin and recommend this school to anyone looking for a nice community college.

Christian

I like it, but it is just a stepping stone to get to another college. The students are either well driven or not at all motivated. It doesn't really feel like college, more like a second higher learning high school. There isn't much to do involved with school outside of school.

Mackenzie

I think that Collin County Community College is a great place to take classes. Personally, it feels a lot like high school in a lot of ways, and your professors are always there to help out. I began taking classes at Collin College during the summer of 2017 and so far I've​ loved every moment. I've met so many great new friends! Even with taking classes online, I've had the opportunity to meet up with my fellow classmates at Starbucks to further discuss and study the material that we've learned. I love Collin College and would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Alyssa

The school offers many great opportunities for students to earn credits or graduate more quickly, and also has programs that make transferring or going to another college in Texas easier. Collin allows students to choose one of their campuses they wish to attend for their semester, so commuting to the campus is simpler depending on where you live in Collin County.

Brandon

An amazing school. There is a lot of help and support from teachers and staff and your success is their number one priority. The school prepares you for transferring so the classrooms are engaging and the teachers are very knowledgeable. Class sizes are small so it is easy for teachers to help students individually. This prevents any student from getting left behind if they are willing to work and stay motivated. The school offers all the resources needed to become successful and the environment here is friendly.

Carolina

The school gives you all the sources to be able to pass your classes, it is a great community for those who wants to continue their career. The only negative side is that not many people socialize everyone is to busy with work and family. The library has the best commodities but limited, during finals you really have to be early to save a spot in the study rooms. This college is growing what it means less parking space every semester.

Meghana

It is a great place to have started your college career, to experience what college is actually like and how the classes are. It is also a great way to fund your first few years of college. The crowd is very friendly and easy to talk or mingle with. The professors are available to help for any trivial matter, whatsoever. The libraries and study centers are a great source of knowledge and help. All in all. it is a great place to start.

Collin Community College is a college that is striving to be on the same level as 4 year universities. It is very well funded and continues to grow year by year. As a nursing school applicant, I was informed that Collin Nursing School has received recognition on the level of prestigious BSN programs in Texas- despite its community college status. A BSN program at Collin is in the works and they are building a new campus as well. They continue to grow and as they grow, they don't leave students behind.

Haylee

While this is only a community college, the overall environment is very well kept, organized, and always contains a positive comfort in any part of the campus. The instructors are well-trained in most of my courses I've taken, there's always a chance to arrange a meeting time with them, and in any given situation the deans and the staff are there to help any student in need. I've really enjoyed my past year as a student here at Collin, and I hope other high school graduates get a chance to check it out for themselves.

Victor

Collin Community College District is great community college to look into if you are in the area. They many different campuses with endless courses for students to pick from. Some campuses include Spring Creek, Preston Ridge and Central Park Campus. The district provides students campuses with amazing staff and protection as the campuses are drug free and provide one with security and a safe campus to learn from

Joseph

Collin College is perfect for the individual who wants a small college to attend. The class sizes make it easier to learn and interact with the professors due to the 32 person cap. The facilities are great, and they offer several services. Such as the writing center with english professors to advise you on your writing skills. Overall, highly recommend.

Patrick

This is the best scoop for any student who thinks they will be overwhelmed by a big traditional college. Collin takes good time to put time into every student to make sure they are successful and their classes are a perfect match for them and whatever career they are trying chase

donavin

it sucks! classes are very easy and some extremely hard. Student life is divided and not friendly. Do not come here if you have high expectations of enjoying your student life here. Many teachers do not understand or care for reasoning if you miss a class for an important reason or if you ask for help they likely wont really help.

caleb

Collin College is truly a mix of the good the bad and the ugly. The college has many things that I appreciate and on the other hand it has other things I could care less about. Collin offers many different things for many different types of people. But that being said I have generally been impressed with this community college, and a community college it is. Now let’s start with the campus. I go to the Central Park campus for the most part. And I must say I was generally impressed with this campus, its new and you can tell, its kept up very well and is always clean even though people are in and out of the campus constantly. Now I can say what the other campus look like but I have heard that the Spring Creek campus is a bit run down and old. But this must be the way community colleges work instead of redoing the old campus they just make a new one. Now I can’t say much of the other campuses but I have heard good and bad about the others. Hopefully more they are morel like the Central Park campus and not the Spring creek campus Next on my list is how the college work with its students. For this I, must say the college really does go above and beyond for its students. It seems like there is always something going on for the students to either participate in a little something or something free the student can take home. While sometimes it’s not something useful but the fact that something is always there for the students says a lot about the college itself. The college is constantly having other colleges or things like the military trying to recruit, come out and sit in halls talking to the students about possibly joining or coming to said college for a campus visit. So, to me it seems that this college always has something for the students. The good part about community colleges is that they are cheap and close to home. Collin College is like other community colleges in that respect. Collin offers many different classes and also has classes on the weekend for people who might have jobs during the week. Collin also provides online courses so that it is easier for the student to take classes as well. This college seems to try and make college available to everyone, so if you’re a stay at home mom or still need to work Collin has a course at a time good for you. And because Collin is a community college it has campuses all around the county so that at least one campus is close by. Collin is also cheap compared to a four-year college so again making college an option to just about everyone. Though most of the reasons Collin is good is because it is a community college, so putting it on par with other community colleges. Courses at Collin is really just best if you are trying to get your basics done. That’s not to say that the college doesn’t have another course you could take. Collin does have other course you can take it just doesn’t have much choices when it comes to other courses outside the basics. While signing up for course is rather simple too. It seems very similar to how you would sign up for other colleges that might be of higher regard. Collin even has a basic tool that signs you up for classes that you need for your degree. Though some classes are specific to campus so getting to that class might be a little more difficult. Collins professor can be the best things sense sliced bread or they can the biggest disappointment to have spent your money on and everything in-between. While most the time your professors will for the most part will teach you what you need to be taught. There is chance that the professor you get can unreasonably hard for the course you are taking. Or the chance the professor is rather new to the teaching game and doesn’t really know exactly what they need to be doing. Now what might be a good idea is to check out the professor of the class you plan on taking to see if the class is going to be a little harder than you might have expected. Professor at Collin can be very hit and miss. The only bad part is that if the professor is no good but he/she is the only one teaching the class at that campus or at the time that you need, you might find yourself stuck with that professor. Which might lead to a harder than expected semester. So if you do your research about your professor college life for you here could be a lot better than if you don’t. Collin College for me has been a good experience. There have been times where it seemed to me that it was way more difficult than it needed to be. But overall Collin has been good to me. For a community college, it has made getting my degree cheaper and easier to obtain. So, for the overall experience I give Collin four out of five stars. Because while for the most part it’s been a nice simple trip there have been instance with professor that I had wish could have been a whole lot simpler.