Colorado Christian University Top Questions

Jamie

The worst thing about my school is that they do not consider individual personality or need. There have been several instances where they have not even taken the time to remember my name, or even given me a chance for entry into their program because of circumstances that were far out of my control. They need to show more grace.

Shadyne

none

The worst thing about my school is that there are not many foreign language studies offered. I would be more prepared for my career if I had the option to major in a foreign language such as Spanish. Since this school provides Global Studies as a major, it would also benefit many students in preparation for global career-related opportunities. Also, this would add more exposure to other cultures in addition to the CCU2theWorld missions trips.

Jonathan

I would say the worst thing about my school is it's location. Because of where I live, at this time, I am only able to attend online.

Nathan

There is little diversity which lends itself to receiving weird looks from time to time. Otherwise, this school is great!

Heather

The worst thing about Colorado Christian University is that off campus housed students are not as connected as those who live on campus. I believe on-campus housing should be highly considered by new students, even if just for a year.

Christian

Colorado Christian University is a great school with a terrible cafeteria. Hopefully that will be fixed as CCU is in the process of building a new campus. When that is finished the school will be flawless in my opinion, but until then the food is sub-par.

Shane

It gets too comfortable since we are a very small college so we seem to just stay in a CCU "bubble," which isn't bad but i just wish we would reach out more.

Hunter

The worst thing about Luther College is undoubtedly the cost. It is extremely expensive and it is increasing at an alarming rate. The financial aid office also isn't very helpful when looking for scholarships or grants; they heavily emphasize taking out loans even when there are scholarships available. If it wasn't for the outstanding quality of the professors the cost alone would have caused me to transfer schools.

Elizabth

I would have to say the food options at Colorado Christian University is the least pleasurable aspect. The cafeteria is very limited in options for vegetarians and those with food allergies such as Gluten-free. Also there is a convenience store located next to the dormitories. However, the prices are extremely high for the products being offered.

Robyn

The guy/girl ratio. There are more girls than guys so our diversity is a little skewed. Last year we had a whole apartment building with girls only, the other three were mixed.

Kaylee

The worst thing about my school is how high the cost is.

Bryton

The cost. The school is really expensive and I honestly can't afford it. There are a lot of scholarships that the school offers but it is still really expensive. It is sad to see people transfer away from the school because of the money. The level of education that you recieve here is worth it but not everone can afford it. And it only gets worse every year.

Grant

The cost of tuition. It is very expensive and since I am paying for my college education myself, it is very difficult for me. Colorado Christian University is a private school which is a major reason why the tuition is so high but it just makes it difficult to not take out a significant amount of money for student loans.

Kimberly

The one thing I dislike the most about my school is the size. I wish my school was bigger with more students so they could share in the great education I am getting.

Lacy

I am currently taking online courses through Colorado Christian University. The worst thing about this school is the final assignments are often due 1 week after the last day of the semester for each class. This leads to final assignments being graded anywhere up to two weeks after completion of the course. I am not to patient when I am waiting for a substantial portion of my class grade to be graded, I think the final grades should be available no more than one week after the completion of the course. Otherwise I have no complaints with this school.

Bonnie

It's too far away for me to attend on campus.

I think it is very one sided, and does not really open the doors for there to be a disscussion on what the other story it

Tiara

I believe the worst thing that I would consider about my school is that there are people that go here, because they built up scholarship money. While yes, it is their choice to decide where they want to be, but it puts a damper on the complete atmosphere, when you see students that could care less about their relationship with Jesus, or mock Him altogether. This is a Christian institution, I want to strive to learn and grow more in my relationship with Jesus, and complaceny is a scary thing.

Erika

Colorado Christian University has been a better experience than I could have imagined! In my eyes, there is nothing I dislike in the areas I am exposed to. CCU offers a great learning enviornment, with smaller classes filled with teacher eager to teach and students eager to learn. I enjoy the supportive faculty and the numerous volunteer opportunities.

SarahHurtado

The worst thing about my school is (1) how expensive tuition and living is and (2) some times the cafeteria food is really bad.

Tami

It's really expensive

Noah

The worst thing about Colorado Christian University is its business office administration. The staff that works in the business office that handles financial aid, etc. is very helpful and courteous because, unfortunately, they need to be. Every semester I received an incorrect bill or received more financial aid than I was told and it always took several phone calls between departments before the person I was working with could straighten out why my tuition bill was what it was and not what the school or I thought it ought to have been. The individual departments were not adequately integrated.

Sue

Because there are so many satelite campuses, it sometimes feels as if I am removed from the main campus.

Troy

The student body is less academically focused than I would like. Many students value social activities more than anything else in college.

Callie

Nothing

Kyra

Quiet hours because guys can only be in our appartments until 2 a.m.

Lindsey

The administration sometimes tries to make CCU more conservative than is advertised.