Colorado Christian University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Colorado Christian University

Sonnie

I think Colorado Christian University is a very good school that allows their to freely express their Christian be!never without being uncomfortable or judged. Their instructors are well educated and have genuine concerns for their students. I am extremely glad that I found this school and I would gladly recommend it to any and everyone.

Dorothy

I enjoy taking classes at Colorado Christian University; the instructors respond within 24 hours when you have a question. I have been taking classes since March of 2017 and have had only one instructor that I did not get along with. Most assignments are due Sunday night at midnight Colorado time.

Sydnee

Colorado Christian University has become my home away from home. Here I have found professors that really want to get to know me, academics that are challenging, friends that will last a lifetime, and a place where I can feel comfortable being myself and getting involved in the many different clubs/activities that CCU offers.

Dabria

While the students may be great, the campus construction is moving fast, and the professors are pretty handy, the amount you pay for tuition, room & board, and other costs may not be worth it. The tuition steadily grows each year and it's hard to keep up with these days. If you're willing to go into debt or have an inheritance you're willing to spend, you may look into going to CCU.

stephanie

As an adult student I live the small class sizes and flexible schedule. The fact that you don't have to go to the main campus,the student tk teacher ratio is low, and classes are condensed really is what make CCU amazing for me!

Jordan

Colorado Christian University feels so much like home. Their student body is amazing and all the people are so friendly and they really care about how you are doing. They encourage you to follow God's path and never fear what is to come next. I love this school can't wait to start in the fall.

Alanna

I love it so much. Everyone, students, professors, staff, they're all so friendly and helpful. Professors always try to make themselves available to you and are always willing to meet with you one on one to help, talk about your grade, or just talk about life. The sense of community here is so great and it makes me feel at home even though I am 1000 miles away from home.

Brook

It is great it gives single parents and working adults the ability to finish school. Being a single mom to a four year old I never thought I'd be able to go back to school but then I found CCU and they provide just that. For that I will be forever thankful.

Renee

I like the people. The people are very nice and helpful. This was the first school I ever did online classes. My counselor Elizabeth Drish has been so helpful. She was a God send. I love her.

Jami

I absolutely love Colorado Christian University! I work full time and the ease in which I can participate in classes is amazing. The instructors are phenomenal and the care and attention they put into your handed in assignments are amazing. They really care. I would recommend this university to everyone!

Andrea

Colorado Christian University is an excellent faith based school. The professors really integrate a christian world view with all the subjects. The faculty is nice and helpful with all your needs. I have had a wonderful experience with this school and would recommend everyone who is looking for the same type of education to go here.

Amy

Very good school, I am learning a lot. One thing I like about CCU, is that it is a place to meet new people and learn much more than you know now. My teacher is very accessible when I need her. She is quick to answer questions, and gives interesting discussion topics.

Tiffany

I love this school and the entire setup. Perfect fit for my family and I.I love the small classes, the instructors who really want to be there and are completely invested in their classes and students. I like how the semesters are broken down into terms and there is only one class taken at a time for the most part. So much better for focusing and learning a subject,

Aubreyanna

The initial emotion when I arrived on campus for the first time was that of Awe. From beginning to end the tour proved to warm my soul with the passion of Christ and the ability to create a life for myself. Learning about every bit of the school and their goals made it easier than ever to see myself moving my entire life seven-hundred and fifteen miles away from my home I am truly honored to be enrolled as an incoming freshman.

George

CCU is a Christ centered university that seeks to build servant leaders and strives to be challenging academically. I have been approached by many of my teachers that have sought to connect with me after class and they are eager to connect with students. This is a Christian education done right.

Darnisha

as an online student I love the school. I have not had any issues or misunderstandings and someone is always available when I may need them. my teacher and classmates are positive and encouraging. every one is always uplifting each other and understanding

Kenna

I received a top-notch education here. The professors are knowledgable and available for students at all times. They care about creating relationships with students and have resources for more opportunities for students. However, I felt as though I lacked in extracurricular activities and social culture on campus. I entered college with the hope that I would have a social undergraduate career and felt that it lacked in opportunity for this aspect.

Collin

I love it! would not want to attend anywhere else. 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for a smaller private school. So many opportunities to get involved here. The division 2 sports are excellent, and there are also intramurals to play. Everyone is welcome here, and will be loved.

Justin

The first time I visited Colorado Christian University I was instantly hooked. The atmosphere had a certain feel to it that I have not felt at any colleges I had visited. Everyone is so friendly there and the community of students and faculty is so amazing and friendly. The staff there want to help you as much as they can to see you succeed and find your calling in life and that meant a lot to me. They don't care about getting money, all they want to do is see you succeed in life and help you find God's calling for your life. The professors are very friendly and are all about being as confrontable as possible to their students. Colorado Christian University is where I will be attending this fall and I cannot wait to see what God is going to do in my life through Colorado Christian University. Sko Cougs!

Russell

It has wonderful staff that's very supportive, attentive, knowledgeable and they have the most amazing idea of what customer service really means. It is obvious their desire is to provide you with a quality experience from the enrollment process, individual goal development, and meeting all of your needs to achieving your desired career.

Lianne

I am an online student but I've been overwhelmed with the accessibility to information and the individualized attention I receive from every person I speak with, from my academic counselor to the financial aid department. If I leave a message I almost always hear back same day and I always speak to a live person since they don't filter their calls through electronic phone trees and menus. MY overall impression is that they are as invested as I am in my education goals and do everything within their power to help me achieve them or direct me to the right source who can. They have been with me every step of the way and be exceedingly patient and understanding as I embark on this new avenue of learning.

Maria

My GPA and confidence in my education have risen since I started at CCU. I recommend CCU to everyone I can. They have special degree plans for everyone. CCU has given and continue to give me the resources I need to successfully attain my educational goals.

I love Colorado Christian University! I attended a different college previously, and my experience there wasn't great. CCU really makes you feel like home, and they are great at helping you when you need it. It feels more like a giant family than a school at times. I love it here, and I can't imagine going anywhere else.

Kady

Colorado Christian University is a wonderful school with great staff. They are always willing to help you and give great advice. It is also obvious they care about your success. The school has awesome values. They are also affordable and give you many ways to save money on school.

faith

Colorado Christian University is a university that challenges not only intellectually, but spiritually. Fellowship is easily accessible not only among students, but professors and is highly encouraged. Everyone attending the University is generally pursuing the same goals in life as a human and as a student which creates a large pool of friends to support and be supported by. With an amazing location such as Lakewood, CO, there are many hangout spots such as restaurants and world- recognized coffee shops, but there is also a Best Buy, Target, and an Ikea simply 2 minutes away from campus. CCU is in the top 2% of the nation in terms of academics and they stand up to that reputation with rigorous courses and great support systems all around. CCU deserves 50 stars out of 5 because they help each student grow as a spiritual being, create healthy habits to support a long and bountiful life, and show that anything is possible with a group of amazing friends and outstanding professors.

Caroline

CCU is a place where students can find themselves. They can find out what God has planned for their life. There are students from many foreign countries. The diverse majors make it possible to find a unique career path for you. CCU is located in a suburb of Denver and we have the glorious Rocky Mountains to explore on our 3 day weekends. CCU is a university that pursues Truth and investigates all sides of many issues. It is easy to find someone like you and share your vision of life.

Chris

I like the school for its smaller size, Christian worldview, genuine and thorough professors, and its location. The price of going here is expensive, but other than that I like it. Because it is Division II, the sports are not as big as Division I, but I am on the basketball team, and there has been a good turnout for most of our home games.

I love it! My professors each teach out of a genuine relationship with the Lord, as well as concern for us as students and passion for their given subject matter! The housing on campus is all apartments with kitchens and living rooms. Most student’s are pretty welcoming and easy to get along with, and the campus is beautiful!

Mary

I enjoy that they have in seat and online classes. The campus in Colorado Springs is really a great place for adults that are working. The professors are available at convenient hours and the office staff and counslers are always so wonderful if you have any question or concerns.

Logan

Colorado Christian University(CCU) is a University that dedicates to the education of it’s students in both academics and there faith. CCU welcomes all of those who want to know what God’s plan is for them. At Colorado, the staff and professors are there for students. They make the time and effort to see that the needs and problems that the students are faced with get solved. Students are required to be leaders and participate in campus events. All first years have mandatory requirements to be in a discipleship group. In fact, the discipleship groups along with many other groups and parts of the school are actually lead by the students themselves. CCu pushes for students to be social and apart of what it has to offer. Many students have internships with local churches and other organizations to build experience and knowledge for when they strive out on their own. Aside from from academics and faith building, the student community as a whole is warm and welcoming. Everybody being on the same mindset in life helps facilitate a place of comfort and well being. Everyone works together to accomplish one goal. The small groups, sports teams, cubs, and even the dorm halls create bonds and friendships with each other that you wouldn’t find at every college. The utilities and overall quality of the buildings and classrooms are well taken care of. Even the lowest quality dorms are of high standards. The mess hall and Cafe are laid out in a way that is both large and complex yet organized and convenient. There is plenty of room for the students and staff to sit and eat. No part of it feels cramp. The library is just down the path from the Cafe. It is small on the outside but big on the inside. It has two floors. The ground floor looks like a typical small town library with some computers, printers, and a couple of bookshelves. The second floor however, is a huge floor that consist of the rest of the library with thousands of books and other assorted items that actually is laid out under the library itself. All of the classrooms are quite small for college classrooms. The biggest classrooms only hold about sixty people on average. The campus is kept clean with litter being nonexistent and the plants tended to on a regular basis. “Cleanliness is Godliness” and Colorado Christian University, they mean it!

Paula

I am an adult learner who has returned to school 33 years after dropping out of school. Colorado Christian University opened its doors, arms and welcomed me with no judgement. It is a Christian School and they run the school on the emphasis of higher education through the love of Christ but do not shut their doors to anyone, believer or non-believer. I am extremely honored to be attending such an amazing university.

Sandra

I absolutely love Colorado Christian University. I am a full time mom, worker and student and thanks to the online program CCU offers I have been able to balance all three roles in life. CCU is there to help students grow, succeed and achieve all of their hopes and dreams. From the financial aid department, to the student service advisors, and even all of the teachers and professors, the amount of support you receive across the board is phenomenal. I have never been a part of school that is so keen on helping students be successful, and the support and aid they provide is with some the kindest, and empathetic hears. They care about their students, and their sincerity will always mark this school unique. Thank you CCU!

Colorado Christian University's Masters of Arts in Counseling program seeks to surpass the CACREP standards for excellence. They seek to enable their students to become excellent inclusive clinicians. Clinicians who will also make a difference in their practice and as advocates for their communities.

Kathie

So far I am pleased with Colorado Christian University and their care of me this far. If I have any questions concerning the method to do something I usually get a prompt response. The financial aid is my biggest issue to work through. With that being said, I have received help in that matter up to this point.

Zack

I have been very pleased with my experience so far. Throughout the whole process of my applying, being accepted, and working with financial aid I have received professional and courteous assistance. Emails are responded to promptly and all of my questions are answered clearly. The academic advising is excellent. The integrity of the students, faculty and staff are superior. The values they stand for, and practice, are not seen at most universities.

Keri

Colorado Christian University is the university I have been looking for. They have both online and on campus programs available. I am an online student in the Adults and Undergraduate College program. My favorite aspect is that they take the Christian aspect seriously. It also means a lot to me that my professors and adviser is available to pray with me over personal needs as well as assisting me with my academic needs. They make being in class easy.

Courtney

I take classes online through the adult undergraduate program (CAGS). The CAGS program has been extremely convenient for me since I have a full-time job. The staff is helpful and helps me so I can be successful in college while still working. I would highly recommend this program to whoever lives a busy life and can't attend a traditional college classroom.

Ruby

Great school that teaches students to strive for more than just getting good grades, but rather being good people in this world. The professors are so helpful and you can tell they care more about your heart than your grades, that doesn't mean grades dont matter, but they care about who you are first and foremost.

Allison

I sought out Colorado Christian University as my higher education because of my faith. This university has allowed me to make my faith a part of my education. The campus as well as teachers are wonderful. Everyone has been very helpful as I have acclimated myself to the environment.

Overall my opinion of CCU is that it's a very academic and Christ-centered university. It's very evident that the staff genuinely cares for each of the students. Students are pushed to reach their potential at CCU and I think that that is what attracts me to CCU the most, because people are willing to go above and beyond to help you pursue your career.

Matthew

I am extremely excited to go to CCU having visited the campus. It upholds incredible values and has it's priorities set well and held in place. The students are consistently involved in all aspects of college life and everyone has fun together and is ready and excited to learn!

I have taken both online and on campus classes, The professors and environment have been wonderful. I am encouraged to pursue my faith and ministry in every class I enroll in. I have enjoyed my time as CCU and cannot wait to spend two more years pursuing my passion. I love the college so much I may attend it for grad school.

Mickayla

Colorado Christian University is one of the most affordable christian colleges in the United States and is located in the perfect location - only a quick 5-10 minute drive into the city of Denver or 30+ minute drive to spend some time in the outdoors.

Ashton

I am sixteen years old and extremely interested in attending Colorado Christian University. I was not sure if this was the school I wanted to go to until I visited the school this past March. I fell in love with the environment and community at this school. It is obvious that Christ is at the very center of this university and that is what I love. After visiting and seeing the Christ loving community at this school it was clear to me that this is the university God is calling me to! I hope I can attend this fall and can't wait to experience God in my college years. My opinion of this school is that it is an amazing school with great academic and with students who are passionate for Christ and eager to grow academically. Colorado Christian University has made Christ the center of everything they do which sadly hard to find now days.

Brian

Colorado Christian is an amazing school to attend. The atmosphere of the learning and connecting biblical context with your classes makes connecting to our classes on a whole new level. I recommend Colorado Christian to all those who want an astounding education.