Colorado College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Colorado College

Holly

Colorado College is an incredible institution... it's small, so you have access to tons of resources, and it's located in a spectacular region full of outdoor adventure. I'm biased of course, because I love getting outside during block breaks, but I know I'm not alone. Most students at CC are both in love with life and full of life and appreciate experiencing life to the fullest. The greek scene is mellow, the party scene is fun but has definitely gotten more tame over the years (but there are still some ragers for sure!), and no, not everyone is a stoner hippie kid like some of the other outdated reviews claim. The demographic is changing and I think students have a bigger variety of interests and style. The outdoors scene, as I mentioned, is superb; people are extremely intelligent and if you love a good fun intellectual conversation you will definitely find it. On the other end of that spectrum, you can also find people that do just want to get stoned and not think about school. Honestly, it's an amazing school and I feel so incredibly lucky I was able to go there - it has made me into the person I am today and I couldn't be more grateful or proud. APPLY TO CC IT'S AWESOME I PROMISE! (PS... unigo wouldn't let me list my actual major: it was environmental science). (PSS - I think one of the only major complaints I'd have about CC is that there isn't a strong networking pool for getting a job after you graduate so you definitely need to learn how to market yourself)

Miriam

Overall, Colorado college is a great school. It is filled with intelligent and fun people. The professors are amazing. Most of the time they never fail to impress me. The block plan is ideal and a great way to learn! It has a very healthy community and there's always something to look forward too!

Madison

CC is an amazing school that encourages students to be themselves and advocate for what you believe in. The student body is full of students that are welcoming, kind, thoughtful, and inquisitive. I call myself lucky every single day that I am able to go to such an incredible school.

Isabell

Colorado College is an academic powerhouse hidden in the Rocky Mountains. When you step onto campus, you can feel the hum of the student body and of the school itself. Every student and faculty member works with an energy that can only been seen at CC. They have a zest for learning and academic pursuit, creating not only successful students, but members of society that are prepared to act both politically and in the work force. They create student-athletes, and there's a huge support for every student between their peers. Don't be mistaken, it's not an easy place to get an acceptance letter from, but if you do, and you attend, you're part of something bigger than yourself for the rest of your life. Its innovative, substantial, and provocative secondary education, and you'll have more opportunities than you know what to do with!

Leah

CC is, for the most part, an awesome school. The Block Plan tends to work well for the people here, although it definitely has its negatives. It's often hard to retain information when you're learning so quickly, and lab classes are incredibly time consuming. On the other hand, there are no other schools where you can take week-long field trips. The culture at CC is generally relaxed, liberal, but very much into the work hard/play hard idea. The glaring issue with CC is the lack of diversity, both racially and economically. Only 25% of students are students of color, and most students fall somewhere in the spectrum of somewhat to incredibly wealthy.

James

As a visitor, I had a positive experience with Colorado College. The location of the campus is picturesque, situated at the base of the Rocky Mountains and Pikes Peak. Colorado Springs is a nice city and the campus is located centrally, but far enough away as to feel more laid-back. I love the block system and the small class sizes that are a staple of the school. The campus amenities, for the most part, are nice. There are a great variety of extra-curriculars, especially in regards to outdoor activities. I hope to attend this school!

Emma

I will be attending Colorado College in the fall. It was my first choice because I think the unusual Block Plan that it offers suits my learning style, and when I visited it I fell in love with it. The scenery is amazing in Colorado Springs, and there is so much to do and enjoy. The campus is great and the facilities are excellent. I got the feeling that the administration really cares about its students and goes above and beyond to make sure students are happy and successful.

Laura

Too much emphasis on partying and socializing. Not a good school for serious students especially pre- health professionals. Faculty don't seem interested in promoting jobs/ grad school after college. I met many upset parents at graduation who were concerned that their grads had no concrete direction after college. Overall rich kids living off their parents and not striving to take responsibilty for their futures. Finally a movement to go work on a farm after the graduate! Let's use our $50k per year education to go work on a farm! Don't send your kids here unless you want them jobless with no clear direction after graduating and possibly returning home with a drug and alcohol problem.

Katherine

Colorado College is not for everyone, but it gives you a unique opportunity to push your limits intellectually. I love the school, but the block plan does not work for every subject and cannot accommodate illness etc. It is a place to find yourself, be in the mountains, and be overwhelmed by one subject at a time...